Anemia is the condition when there are not enough red blood cells in your body. It is the most common circulating blood disorder. Anemia affects almost 24.8 billion world population. As we all know that hemoglobin is the main component in our blood which helps to carry oxygen in all parts of our body. Hemoglobin is a protein inside the RBC. One molecule of hemoglobin binds with four molecules of oxygen. Heme is the main component of the hemoglobin which binds with oxygen. So due to lack of proper red blood cells in the human body lead to improper supply of oxygen in all parts of the body which ultimately cause anemia.
Types of Anemia
- Iron deficiency anemia: It is the most common form of anemia. The main reason for the iron deficiency is to decrease absorption of iron in our body, increase demand for iron due to fetal growth and chronic blood loss etc.
- Thalassemia: It is the condition when people are not able to make enough hemoglobin. Due to this, there is a lack of oxygen in the body organ and then they do not work properly. It is basically inherited blood disorder. There are two main types of thalassemia i.e. alpha and beta thalassemia.
- Hemolytic anemia: It is mainly the disruption of red blood cell before their normal lifespan. Due to this, there are many health problems such as pain, arthritis, fatigue and heart failure.
- Sickle cell anemia: It is the condition when body form sickle shape (C-shaped) red blood cell. The normal blood cells are in disc shape which passes very easily through blood vessels. The sickle shape RBC block the flow of blood which lead to organ damage and serious infections in the body.
- Aplastic anemia: In this condition of anemia the bone marrow does not make enough red blood cells in the body which lead to a shortage of RBC. This condition is very severe and it develops very slowly in your body.
- Fanconi Anemia:It is very rare and inherited blood disorder, in which there is bone marrow failure. This will affect your body organs and can also cause organ failure.
- Pernicious anemia: This condition occurs due to lack of vitamin B12 in your body. Our body is not able to absorb the vitamin B12 so due to lack of vitamin B12 there is a lack of red blood cell.
Symptoms of Anemia:
- Irregular heartbeat
- Pale color of skin
- A headache
- Chest pain
- Pain in the upper abdomen
- Nerve damage
- Dark urine
In Ayurveda there are many natural herbs which helps to cure the anemia in the human body. Due to lack of red blood cells in the human body, there is whitish tint on the skin, eyes, and nails. In Ayurveda, this is known as pandurog. The main reason behind this is malnutrition and loss of blood. So due to this disorder, there is a disturbance in three dosha i.e. vata, pita and kappa.
Natural Home Remedies for Anemia
Pomegranate is one of healthier fruits on earth. It contains very essential minerals and vitamins in it. Vitamin C in pomegranate helps and boost the ability of the body to absorb iron.
- Take ripe pomegranate and break open the pomegranate into the section.
- After that put it into a blender and make fresh juice.
- Drink this fresh juice two times in a day.
Conclusion: The Antioxidant property of fruit protects our body from free radical damage. It helps to reduce the inflammation in the body. It helps in the formation of red blood cells in your body.
Almonds are a very good source of fiber, proteins, vitamins, magnesium, and manganese. It also contains phytic acid which binds with certain minerals and protects from being absorbed.
- Soak 7-8 almond overnight and in morning peel them off and take them with an empty stomach.
Conclusion: Almond has an antioxidant property which protects body cell from damage.
3. Drumsticks (Moringa)
These are loaded with vitamin A and C which is very useful for the anemic person. It has also a high content of calcium and magnesium.
- Take 10-15 drumsticks and chop them. After that put them in a blender.
- Then strain the juice and add some honey to it, stir well and drink it with your breakfast.
Conclusion: Due to the continuous consumption of this juice it can irradiate the problem of anemia in people.
4. Green Veggies
All the green leafy vegetables such as kale, spinach, cabbage, and broccoli contains a very good amount of iron content in it.
- You can chop all the vegetable and then toss them.
- Add honey, salt and lime juice into the blender.
- Make a smoothie and pour them into the glass
- Consume it for your morning breakfast.
Conclusion: All these vegetables are not only rich in iron but also have the very good amount of folic acid. Daily consumption of this smoothie will lead to increased iron consumption in your body.
It is a very nutritious vegetable which is filled with iron content.It helps to reactivate the red blood cell.
- Take beetroot and cut with a knife
- Mix them with the other vegetables such as spinach, carrot, cabbage, and capsicum and make a proper salad.
- You can also make juice of beetroot in a mixer and drink it every morning before your breakfast.
Conclusion: It helps to fight against anemia and increase your red blood cell in the body.
6. Peanut Butter
It is also a very good source of iron. It boosts your body during anemia.
- Add peanut butter in your morning breakfast.
- You can spread peanut butter on a slice of bread and eat it with orange juice.
Conclusion: Peanut butter helps to increase the absorption of iron in your during anemia. Two tablespoons of peanut butter contain 0.6 mg of iron.
Tomatoes are a very good source of vitamin C. It also contains lycopene which and beta-carotene.
- Take 2 to 3 tomatoes and crush them in the mixer.
- Strain it and put them in a glass
- Drink this raw tomato juice every day to overcome the problem of anemia.
Conclusion: Vitamin C in tomatoes helps to increase iron absorption in your body. It is also very good for your hair and skin.