Blood is the most important component of the human body. It helps in the transportation of all the required nutrients in our body. It contains red blood cells, white blood cells, blood plasma, and platelets. All these have their unique functions in the blood. Blood helps to carry the oxygen to all parts and organs of our body. In some cases, due to injuries in your body, there is the formation of blood clots. The blood clots are formed in the arteries and it ultimately blocks the supply of nutrients to the important organs of our body.
Blood clots are basically formed around the area of injury. In some cases, it is good because it stops the excessive bleeding, but excessive clotting in your body is the sign of Deep vein thrombosis. It can be formed in any part of your body.
Due to injury in your bones and legs, the blood vessels get damaged and blood around your injury becomes thicker, which lead to the formation of clots. The blood clots in your body lead to damage to the tissues due to no supply of oxygen and nutrients to that part of your body.
- Broken bones
- Severe muscles injuries
- Severe bruises
- Bad bumps
Symptoms of Blood Clots
Arm and legs symptom:
- Swelling in the injured area
- Sudden pain in the muscles
- Soreness in the injured area
- Warmth at one spot
- Diarrhea and vomiting
- Blood in vomiting and stool
- Severe abdomen pain
- Weakness in the body
- Change in sensation in the face, legs, and arms
- Vision blurs
- The sensation on one side of your body.
- Severe chest pain
- Breathing problems
- A cough with blood
- Excessive sweating
- Chest pain which extends up to left arm
- Pulse imbalance
- Problem in breathing
Complications of Blood Clots:
1. Deep vein thrombosis (DVT): This occurs when there is clot formation in deep veins of your arms and legs. It can cause severe leg pain and swelling in the legs. The color of your skin also changes to red and discolored. In this condition, the blood clot break and travel through your bloodstream into the lungs and cause a blockage.
2. Kidney failure: If blood clots can form in your kidney, then it will lead to kidney failure and our body is not able to flush out the waste and harmful toxins.
3. Pulmonary embolism: Pulmonary embolism is the blockage of pulmonary arteries in your lungs due to blood clots. It is a life-threatening problem. This clot blocks the proper supply of blood into the lungs.
4. Difficulties in pregnancy: Blood clots during pregnancy usually occur in the vein of the pelvis. This may increase the risk of miscarriage, premature labor and maternal death.
Home Remedies For Blood Clots
1. Epsom Salt
Epsom salt is a very good source of magnesium and it has anti-inflammatory properties, which help to cure the blood clots.
- Take one cup of Epsom salt
- Add it to your bath water and soak your blood clot area into the bathtub for 20-25 minutes.
- Follow this daily
Conclusion: This remedy will help you to prevent clotting of blood and treat in your legs. It also helps in proper blood circulation in that area.
2. Garlic Drink
In Ayurveda garlic has very effective health benefits. It contains two components such as allicin and ajoene, these are organosulphur.
- Take 2-3 garlic cloves and crush them in mixer thoroughly.
- Add the paste into the hot water and rest it for some time.
- Add some honey to it for a better taste.
- Drink it 2 to 3 times daily, for best results.
Conclusion: The anti-thrombotic property of garlic helps to prevent the formation of blood clots in your body.
Turmeric has a very good healing property. There is an active compound “curcumin” present in turmeric, which helps to prevent the blood clot formation.
- Take one tablespoon of turmeric and mix it with one glass of milk.
- Drink it daily for better results.
Conclusion: The anti-thrombotic property of turmeric helps to reduce the clot formation in your body and modulate the components which help in clot formation.
Ginger acts as an anti-inflammatory agent which also helps to stop blood clotting in your body.
- Take ginger and cut them into small pieces
- Put these pieces into warm water and rest it for sometime
- After that, strain it and put into the glass
- Drink this tea daily for better healing.
- You can add some honey to it, for a sweet taste.
Conclusion: Ginger has the very good anti-coagulant property which helps it to prevent the blood clot formation.
5. Cayenne Pepper
It is a very powerful blood thinning agent which prevents the blockage of blood into the arteries and veins.
- Take 2-3 cayenne pepper and put them in the grinder.
- Take this powder and add it to your daily food items.
Conclusion: It helps in proper blood circulation in your body. Its antioxidant property helps to prevent clot formation.
6. Vitamin E
Vitamin E also helps to prevent blood clotting. There are many food items such as almonds, sunflower seeds, whole grains, and wheat germ oil, these are a very good source of vitamin E.
- Soak 5-6 almonds daily overnight
- Peel them next morning
- Take them with Luke warm milk.
Conclusion: This will help to reduce blood clotting and blood thickening.
7. Gooseberry Juice
Gooseberry is loaded with vitamin C and iron, which not only helps to elevate the blood clots but also helps act as a detoxifier.
- Take some gooseberries and put them in a juicer.
- Strain and add fresh juice into the glass
- Drink this juice daily, for better results.
Conclusion: Gooseberry juice, due to its anti-coagulant property is very effective in preventing blood clot.