Gallstone is the solid particle that forms from the bile cholesterol and bilirubin in the gallbladder. These gallstones are sometimes small but in some cases they are big like a golf ball. In some patient, only one gallstone is found while other develop many gallstones in their gallbladder. The gallbladder is a sac-like organ in the upper right part of the abdomen. It is a pouch-like structure which stores the bile, green-yellow liquid which helps you to digest your food properly.
People who have a gallstone, they need surgery for the removal of these gallstones. Sometimes these stone Couse severe pain in your abdomen.
Types of Gallstones:
- Cholesterol stone
- Pigment stone
Cholesterol Stone: The main reason for cholesterol stone is excess deposition of cholesterol in your bile in the gallbladder. It is mostly yellow in color and these gallstones are mostly composed of undissolved cholesterol in your gallbladder.
Pigment stone: These are formed when there is excess bilirubin in the bile. Bilirubin is a yellow color pigment which is formed when there is a breakdown of hemoglobin of old RBC. In the liver, bilirubin is processed and mixed with bile and excreted into the bile duct and ultimately stored in the gallbladder. Excesses deposition of this lead to the formation of dark black stones.
Symptoms of Gallstone
In the normal case, gallstones do not show any symptom and sign at all. But in severe cases when gallstone lodges in the duct and ultimately causes a blockage in the duct.
- Sudden and severe pain in the upper right portion of the abdomen.
- Back pain between shoulder blades is another symptom of stones in the gallbladder.
- Severe pain in the center of your abdomen, just below your breastbone.
- Nausea and vomiting.
- Unusual urine and stool
- Chronic diarrhea
Causes of Gallstone
1. Liver diseases and blood disease is the most common cause of gallstones. These can increase the level of bilirubin in your bile and lead to the formation of gallstone.
2. The increased amount of cholesterol in your gallbladder also form dark black color stones in the gallbladder. It can cause an imbalance in your gallbladder and there is the formation of stones in the gallbladder.
3. Too much bilirubin in your bile can lead to the formation of yellow color stones in your gallbladder.
4. The concentrated bile may also cause the formation of gallstones. It is very important for your gallbladder to become empty because it leads to the healthy functioning of the gallbladder. When your bile becomes over concentrated then it leads to the formation of stones in the gallbladder.
Home Remedies for Gallstone
1. Apple Cider Vinegar
This is one of best home remedy for gallstones. It helps to decrease the cholesterol level and triglycerides level in your body.
- Take 2 to 3 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and mix it with warm water.
- Sip this solution in the morning with empty stomach.
- Do not drink concentrated apple cider vinegar, you must dilute this in warm water before having it.
Conclusion: Apple cider vinegar show anti-inflammatory property so it helps to reduce the gallbladder pain.
2. Dandelion Root
Dandelion is a perennial herb and native of North America and Europe. Dandelion root also helps to discourage the excessive water retention.
- Take 4 to 5 dandelion root and chopped them into small pieces.
- Add lemon, two green chopped apple, and one chopped cucumber to the mixer.
- Mix all ingredients properly and then strain them
- Add the juice into the glass and drink it daily for fast results.
Conclusion: The diuretic property of dandelion leaves helps for better functioning of the liver by removing all the toxin of the liver.
It is very good Ayurvedic herb which has many properties. It contains many bioactive compounds in it.
- Add turmeric to your daily diet and food you eat.
- You can also make turmeric drink in warm water and ½ teaspoon of honey and drink it in the morning with empty stomach.
Conclusion: The anti-inflammatory property of turmeric helps to reduce the inflammation in the liver. It also stimulates bile formation in the gallbladder to avoid the emptiness.
4. Cranberry Juice
Cranberries are very healthy fruits due to its antioxidant property. It has many health benefits for diseases such as UTI, cancer, gallstones and blood pressure.
- Take some amount of cranberries and put them in the mixer.
- Add some water into the mixer and crushed them thoroughly.
- Strain it and put them in the glass.
- Drink this juice daily.
Conclusion: Dietary fiber in Cranberry juice helps to lower the cholesterol level in the body and ultimately prevent the cholesterol gallstones formation.
5. Apple Juice
It is also very good for the gallstones. Apples are rich in antioxidants, flavonoids, and dietary fibers. There are some phytonutrients which fight against the gallstones problem.
- Take 2-3 apple and crushed them in the mixer.
- Strain it and put them in glass.
- Add 2 tablespoon of Epsom salt, ½ cup olive oil, ½ cup of lemon juice and warm water.
- Mix all of them properly and drink it daily.
Conclusion: This juice is very effective to reduce the gallstone pain and malic acid in apple dissolve the gallstones in the gallbladder.
6. Milk Thistle
These are the very effective liver cleansing natural remedy. The origin of this herb in Mediterranean region.
- Take some portion of Milk thistle seeds and crushed them in the mixer.
- Then boil them in hot water for 20 minutes.
- Strain this tea and add 1- a tablespoon of honey to it then drink it.
Conclusion: The silymarin is the active component in milk thistle helps to shrink the gallstones and also reduce the gallbladder pain.
7. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice is a very good source of vitamin C. It is very effective for preventing gallstone pain.
- Take one tablespoon of lemon juice.
- A glass of lukewarm water.
- Mix them and drink it.
Conclusion: Lemon juice is very effective to reduce and dissolve the gallstones.