Gut can be referred as our whole digestive system including mouth, esophagus, stomach, small intestine, large intestine, liver, pancreas, gall bladder and anus. It is the place where food enters after eating and breaks down into some nutrients and waste. Around 100 trillion bacteria reside in our gut and produces toxic metabolites that affect our health. 95% of our body’s serotonin and over 100 million neurons present in the gut which makes several neuro-transmitters that regulates our mood. Around 70-80% of the total body’s immune cells are concentrated in the gut
Functions of Gut includes transportation, digestion, elimination of ingested material and proper supply of vitamins, nutrients, minerals, electrolytes that are necessary for survival of healthy life.
Disorders in Gut
- Leaky Gut (a disorder in which small sized holes or cracks are formed in walls of intestine due to which unacceptable or harmful toxins enter into bloodstream through them making our immune system weaker and contaminating our blood)
- Acid reflux (a condition in which stomach acid flows back up into our food pipe)
- Anal fissure (small tear in the moist and thin tissue named as mucosa that lines the anus)
- Appendicitis (a condition in which inflammation in appendix is felt and it is filled with pus)
- Cancer of Bowel (cancer in inner lining of bowel)
- Cancer of Pancreas (cancer in the pancreatic cells)
- Cancer of Stomach (cancer which rises from the cells which forms innermost lining of our stomach )
- Cancer of Liver (cancer rises in liver cells)
- Cancer of Esophagus (cancer in food pipe)
- Cystic Fibrosis (a hereditary disorder which gives damage to gut)
- Cholecystitis (a condition in which inflammation in gallbladder occurs)
- Constipation (a condition in which one faces difficulty in passing stool out of the body)
- Crohn’s disease (causes inflammation in digestive tract)
- Diarrhea (a condition of passing loose and watery stools out from body)
- Gallstones (a condition in which small pieces of stone forms in gallbladder)
- Gastroenteritis (an intestinal infection shown by diarrhea, nausea, cramps, fever and vomiting)
- Piles (a condition in which veins are swallowed and inflamed in rectum)
- Hernia (a condition in which there is tear in muscle or tissue in digestive tract)
- Irritable bowel syndromes (a disorder in which stomach cramps, diarrhea, bloating and constipation occurs)
- Pancreatitis (inflammation in pancreas)
- Blood in stools (a disorder in which blood comes out with stools)
- Gastric ulcer (a condition of sore in lining of small intestine, stomach or esophagus)
- Threadworms (a condition in which worms grown-up in intestine and moves to other parts of digestive system)
- Ulcerative Colitis (a chronic disorder in which inflammation in digestive tract occurs)
Causes of Gut Disorders
Almost all the above enlisted gut problems get caused due to the following factors:
- Intake of antibiotics for longer duration
- Mercury toxics and mold toxins
- Alcohol consumption
- Stress conditions can alter the gut nervous system and make it
- Intense exercise
- Unhealthy diet
- Saturated fats
Gut Restoration Steps
Gut Restoration Steps include 3R’s:
Many chronic diseases can rise due to low microbial diversity in our gut. Reconditioning the gut helps to bring change in the environment of the gut and levels of acidity in intestines. Reconditioning limits the presence of toxic bacteria in the gut and helps in the production of metabolites that make bacterias like Akkermansia muciniphila, Bifidobacteria and Faecalibacterium prausnitzii which are beneficial for gut health. Decrease intake of Artificial sweeteners and sugars, add plenty fibers in your diet, reduce stress conditions, chew food properly, do exercise regularly, stop smoking, alcohol consumption and late night eating to recondition your gut.
Reinforce is an essential step in total gut restoration as Fertilizers are necessary for better health of the garden. Reinforcement is a special step to make our gut healthy and strong by taking nuts, whole grains, green leafy vegetables, fresh fruits and beans.
A gel like thick mucus layer saves the lining of intestine from spoilage. But in leaky gut, this lining gets damaged and allows the entrance of harmful toxins and chemicals into the bloodstream. Several chronic diseases may rise due to spoiling of intestinal mucosa. Eat healthy natural foods like raspberries, green peas, broccoli, beans, lentils, and whole grains. Avoid heavy meat foods as they are difficult to digest.
But, in this modernistic lifestyle, not everyone has enough time to take proper care of their health, that’s why Planet Ayurveda is here to ensure your proper health and maintain good health of your gut with some amazing herbal supplements in the form of Digestion Support Pack. It includes the following medicines:
- Agnitundi Vati
- Digestion Support
1. Agnitundi Vati
It is made up of a combination of several herbs that helps in maintaining healthy digestion. Agnitundi vati is a formulation of several vata and kapha calming herbs which enhances the health of our stomach and complete digestion process.
Dosage: 2 capsules thrice a day with normal water.
2. Digestion Support
It is a blend of the extracts of 7 herbs that have a calming effect on the body’s all three energies. It maintains sufficient energy of Pitta, which is required to have a healthy digestive system. Digestion support capsules of Planet Ayurveda proven to be a very effective herbal supplement for digestive health.
Dosage: 2 capsules, two times daily.
3. Drakshavaleha (Grape Saffron Jam)
Grapes are enriched with natural antioxidants properties. This Jam is made up with Indian gooseberry, Grapes and other potent herbs. It has a bizarre flavor and acts as an excellent natural supplement in maintaining and supporting the health of our digestive system.
Dosage: 1 teaspoonful, twice a day with warm milk after the meals.
Why to Choose Planet Ayurveda’s Digestive Support Pack?
- 100% natural products
- Formulated by MD doctors of Ayurveda by following the Ayurvedic principles
- Enhances abdominal organs health
- 100% vegetarian and organic
- Totally independent from preservatives, chemicals, additives, starch, colors, binders, yeast, and fillers
- All herbs have specific explanation in literature of ancient Ayurvedic texts.