The main focus of this article is on canker sores and mucocele. The article includes information such as types, symptoms, risk factors, causes, herbal remedies, home remedies, and lifestyle modifications. Canker sores are white in color, round-shaped and surrounded with red inflamed soft tissue. Women are more affected by canker sores than men. Mucocele is like a cyst. It is a bump inside the mouth with puss. Both can be treated with home remedies as well as herbal remedies that are discussed below. Planet Ayurveda offers herbal remedies that are made with natural herbs. All the herbs used in these products are pure and it has no side effects.
Canker sores: Canker sore is a small ulcer inside the mouth that causes difficulties at the time of eating and talking. It is also known as Aphthous ulcers. Many people notice the canker sore inside their lips and cheeks. They are white in color and surrounded by inflamed red tissue. There is a pain inside the mouth due to canker sores. They will go away in 6-7 days.
There are three types of canker sores:
- Minor canker sores: They may happen in people with the age of between 10-20 years. It can be seen at least three or four times in a year. It may take a week to heal it.
- Major canker sores: These ulcers are very rare and bigger than minor canker sores. It takes 2 weeks to heal.
- Herpetiform canker sores: These sores are very rare and look like a cluster of small ulcers. It may take a week to heal these sores.
- Mucocele: Mucocele is a disorder of salivary gland. It is a swelling that looks like a bump inside your mouth and contains mucus in the bump. We can also say that mucocele is a cyst that is harmless. We can mostly find it in lower lips and it is caused due to lip biting. They are very rare and there are some areas that can be seen such as under the tongue, inside lips, cheeks, etc. These are painless but major Mucocele can cause difficulties in swallowing, chewing, etc.
Symptoms of Canker Sores:
- A painful sore inside the mouth
- A Sensation of burning at the time of eating
- Sores in the mouth are round and white in color
Symptoms of Mucocele:
- Mouth trauma.
- Soft and painless bump.
- Difficulty in chewing and swallowing.
Causes of Canker Sores:
The cause of canker sores remain unclear but there are some triggers that may create problems. They include:
- Emotional stress.
- From toothpastes.
- An allergic response.
- Deficiency of vitamin B-12, zinc, etc.
- Hormonal changes during menstruation.
- Inflammatory bowel disease.
- HIV which suppresses the immune system.
Causes of Mucocele:
- Lip biting.
- Adjacent teeth causing chronic damage.
- Accidental rupture of a salivary gland.
- Cheek biting.
Risk Factors of Canker Sores: It may be developed in anyone’s mouth. But young adults and teens are easily affected with these sores. These sores are often found in females rather than males. Family history is also responsible for canker sores. With the consumption of various oily foods, it may affect your hygiene and cause sores like allergies.
Risk Factors of Mucocele: There are many problems that arise with the effect of mucocele such as facial trauma, fractures, nasal polyposis, chronic sinusitis, generation of cystic fibrosis.
There are many treatments that can easily treat canker sores and mucoceles. Many herbal remedies, dietary tips and lifestyle modifications are often helpful in treating canker sores and mucocele which are discussed below:
- Herbal remedies
- Home remedies
- Lifestyle modifications
Planet Ayurveda offers many products that are prepared under the guidance of Ayurvedic experts. These herbal medicines help in treating canker sores and mucoceles. All medicines are safe and prepared with natural herbs. These medicines are pure with no side effects.
- Brahmi capsules
- Gotu kola
- Ashwagandha capsules
- Punarnava capsules
- Amalaki Rasayan
- Brahmi Chyawanprash
1. Brahmi capsules
These capsules help to manage the stress and fatigue that occurs because of inflammation or ulcers in your mouth. This herbal medicine helps to increase the functions of the brain.
Dosage: 2 capsules twice daily, after meals.
2. Gotu kola
This herbal medicine is a very effective medicine that boosts our immune system when it gets suppressed in AIDS and also increases the power of our brain. Due to the presence of antidepressant properties in it, it helps to increase the concentration power and decreases depression.
Dosage: 2 capsules twice daily, after meals.
3. Ashwagandha capsules
These capsules are useful in stabilizing your mood. These capsules are very helpful in treating the symptoms of canker sores and mucoceles. It provides us the strength to bear the pain during ulcers. It provides strength to the brain muscles. It is used to deal with stress, anxiety, behavioral disturbances.
Dosage: 1-2 capsules twice daily, after meals.
4. Punarnava capsules
It is a traditional medicine that is formed with the Ayurvedic formation that helps to improve the swelling, edema, etc. Ingredients include Punarnava, shunti, piper longum, piper nigrum, amalaki, chavya, haritaki, haridra, vidanga, chitrak mool, mandoor bhasma. It also treats skin diseases like ulcers.
Dosage: 1-2 tablets twice daily, after meals.
5. Amalaki Rasayan
With the presence of Vitamin C it provides freshness and coolness to our mouth. It is used to treat and heal ulcers.
Dosage: 20-30 ml per day.
6. Brahmi Chyawanprash
This is used to treat aches and pain due to ulcers and mucocele. Ingredients include brahmi, dashmoola, bala, Ashwagandha, bhumi amla, shatavari, nagarmotha, jivanti, punarnava, jeerak, rishbak, vasaka, vidarikand, fresh green amla, chandan, choti elachi, agar, karchur, ghrit, rajat bhasam, akar kara, pipali, nagkesar, dalchini, tejpata, lawing, kesar, and sharkara. It provides energy and maintains body tissues.
Dosage: 2-3 teaspoons, twice to thrice daily, after meals.
- Ice: Apply ice on the affected area in order to treat sores.
- Lemon: As it contains vitamin C, it is very effective in treating sores and mucocele. You just have to take some cotton and soak it in lemon juice then apply on the affected areas.
- Garlic: It will prevent infection easily due to its antiviral properties. It provides coolness in the affected areas.
- Honey: It helps us to deals with mucoclele and sores by providing moisture to our lips and heals our pain in a very short time.
- Dairy products: Include dairy products such as buttermilk, yogurt, etc.
- Salt water: You can make a drink with water and salt. It is useful in treating ulcers.
- Rinse with baking soda: It can neutralize the acids in our mouth that can treat your sores. You can add ½ teaspoon of baking soda with Luke water and swish with it then rinse your mouth.
- Avoid spicy foods.
- Maintain oral hygiene.
- Avoid oily foods.
- Do not poke at the canker sore with your tongue.
- It is important to take care at the time of brushing.
- Take vitamins on a daily basis.
So, we discussed every possible thing related to canker sores and mucoceles. The various causes are mentioned above in this article. If anyone is facing problems related to ulcers or mucocele, then it is very important to treat them because they can hinder the quality of your life with the pain while eating. It can be treated if we take proper medications and preventive measures. Planet Ayurveda offers many herbal products that are helping in treating canker sores and mucoceles. All the products are made with natural herbs and all are pure with no side-effects.
Contact Planet Ayurveda Support Team to provide you the costing/ordering and delivery information at – email@example.com or Call at 0172-521-4030 (India), +91-172-521-4030 (Outside India) or Whatsapp at (+91) 9915-593-604.