- Pulmonary hemorrhage
- Acute bleeding from the lungs and alveoli sacs.
- Inflammation in glomeruli.
What are the Causes of Goodpasture Syndrome?
Researchers could not understand why the immune system attacks the collagen of the lungs and kidneys. As it is an autoimmune disease and some researchers believed it may have a genetic component, run in families.
Factors that increase the risk of Goodpasture syndrome include:
- Exposure to certain chemicals, such as hydrocarbon solvents and the weed killer Paraquat (Paraquatis a toxic chemical, that is used as an herbicide)
- Exposure to metallic dust
- Excessive use of certain drugs, such as cocaine
- Tobacco Smoking
- Viral infection
What are the symptoms of Goodpasture syndrome?
The symptoms of Goodpasture syndrome may include:
- Pale skin
- Difficulty in breathing
Goodpasture syndrome involves the lungs rapidly, so the initial symptom is shortness of breath and its progress to a persistent cough, sometimes with blood. Whereas, this syndrome sometimes causes bleeding in the lungs and alveoli sacs, which is life-threatening. But it’s not long term damage to the lungs.
When Goodpasture syndrome affects the kidneys then the symptoms are:
- High blood pressure
- Swelling in the lungs
- Foamy urine
- Blood in the urine
- Burning micturition
- Difficulty in urination
- Swelling in hands and feet
- Back pain
The most severe consequence of Goodpasture syndrome is chronic kidney failure.
How Goodpasture Syndrome Diagnosed?
Following diagnostic tests are used to diagnose GPS.
- Urinalysis: High levels of protein and high numbers of red blood cells in urine may indicate kidney damage.
- Blood test: A blood test performs to analyze for the presence of antibodies that attack the lungs and kidneys.
- Chest X-ray: Its results can identify lung damage. Like, abnormal white patches are associated with lung bleeding.
- Biopsy: A small sample of kidney or lung tissue may need to check for the presence of Good pasture syndrome antibodies
Treatment of Goodpasture Syndrome:
Goodpasture syndrome requires immediate treatment in order to:
- Control high blood pressure
- Fight harmful antibodies
- Control fluid buildup
- Prevent serious lung and kidney damage
Ayurvedic perspective of Goodpasture Syndrome:
There are a number of combinations of medicines. To manage this condition, with a healthy lifestyle and natural herbs, this problem can also be managed.
The positive perspective of the Ayurvedic treatment of Goodpasture Syndrome, is that it is 100% natural and herbal. Ayurvedic herbs do not cause any side effects.
Ayurveda is enriched with abundant useful herbs that can manage the problem of Goodpasture disease. Treatment with the specific herbal formulations, the problems like inflammation in the kidneys and lungs, toxins, cough, autoantibodies can be managed. Thus, Ayurvedic treatment is safe and decreases the mortality of the disease.
For preparing their herbal remedies, Ayurvedic Practitioner with great care assesses whether there is an imbalance in the body’s three energies – Vata, Pitta, and Kapha. These are the basis of Ayurveda, which they believe is responsible for good health.
According to Ayurveda Goodpasture syndrome occurs due to the aggravation of Pitta dosha, along with vitiation of Vata and Kapha in the body.
Ayurvedic Herbal Formulations to manage Goodpasture Syndrome by Planet Ayurveda:
Planet Ayurveda has very effective and 100 % natural herbal formulation, which is chemical-free and carries no preservatives, that can manage the causes of Goodpasture syndrome and also manage the disease condition. All herbs are formulated by professional MD Ayurveda doctors.
The herbal formulations by planet Ayurveda are:
- Pitta balance
- Immune Booster
- Rencure Formula
- Pranrakshak Churna
1. Pitta Balance:
It comprises useful herbs that manage the problems of cough, lungs, bone, heart, digestion, blood and kidneys, etc. resulting it is very helpful to manage the condition of Goodpasture disease.
Composition of Pitta balance capsules:
- Praval Pishti (Coral Calcium) – 125mg
- Akik Pishti (Agate Calcium) – 125 mg
- Jawahar Mohra Pishti (An Ayurvedic Calcium compound) – 125 mg
- Kamdhudha ras (An Ayurvedic Calcium compound) – 125 mg
- Mukta Pishti (Pearl Calcium) – 50 mg
- Giloy Satva (Tinospora cordifolia stem extract) – 125 m
These all herbs have a cooling effect.
2. Immune Booster:
Immune Booster capsules of Planet Ayurveda are the combination of wonderful organic herbs, which helps to rejuvenate and strengthen the immune system.
Composition of Immune Magic capsules are:
- Cow Colostrums: Cow colostrum is rich in immunoglobulins as well as Vitamin A, hence these capsules help in boosting the immune system right at the cellular level.
- Bhumi Amla: It is a hepatoprotective herb. It treats edema of the liver to a large extent. Hence, it is highly effective in enhancing immunity.
- Grape seeds: Grape seeds, which are extracted from the seeds of red wine grape. It is rich in vitamin E and Vitamin C as well as it contains
- Green Tea: It has very good antioxidants known as polyphenols. It prevents the formation of free radicals. It also regulates the T-cells, which are responsible for the autoimmune system.
3. Pranrakshak Churna:
Pranrakshak churna acts as anti-histaminic, which controls cough and bleeding while coughing and autoimmune diseases like Goodpasture syndrome are also taken care of. This churna cures, various kinds of allergies, also strengthen lungs and kidneys.
Composition of praanrakshak Churna:
- Shirish (Albezzia lebbock) – 40 gm
- Vasa (Adhatoda vasica) – 40 gm
- Anantmool (Tylphora asthmatica) – 40 gm
- Dalchini (Cinnamomum zeylanica) – 20 gm
- Bharangi (Clerodandrum serratum) – 10 gm
- Kantkari (Solanum xanthocarpum) – 40 gm
- Mulethi (Glycrrhiza glabra) – 10 gm
4. Rencure Formula:
Rencure formula is a very effective herb for the kidneys and all renal problems, so help to manage Goodpasture syndrome. It’s a diuretic herb and rejuvenating the dying renal cells. It also controls all three doshas and extremely useful for Good pasture Syndrome.
Composition of Rencure Formula:
- Punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa) – 200 mg
- Varun (Crataeva nurvala) – 100 mg
- Gokshur (Tribulus Terrestris) – 100 mg
- Palash (Butea monosperma) – 50 mg
- Kaasni (Cichoriumintybus) – 50 mg
With a healthy and good lifestyle, formulations by Planet Ayurveda are very helpful to eradicate Goodpasture syndrome.