If we are able to watch beautiful, attractive things in this world, it’s because of our eyes. Eyes provide us vision by detecting light and converting into electro-chemical impulses in neurons. Our eyes are the most highly developed sensory organs in the body providing us power to watch this beautiful nature. But, imagine a life without improper vision or no vision. Whole life could disturb if your eyes are not in a healthy condition. The unhealthy condition of the eyes is induced by a number of eye disorders from which Uveitis is the one. In this article, we are going to read about Uveitis and how one can get rid of this condition by using herbal remedies.
Uveitis can be defined as a form of inflammation occurring to the eye. Main part getting affected in this condition is uvea which is the middle layer of tissue present in the eye wall. It consists of the ciliary body, the iris and the choroid. This condition can affect one or both eyes and people of any age, even children can get affected with this disease. Early diagnosis of Uveitis is mandatory to preserve eye vision and prevent complications which can be induced by uveitis.
Types of Uveitis
On the basis of affected part or parts of the eye, Uveitis is classified into following types
- Anterior uveitis: In this type of uveitis, the ciliary body and inside of the front of the eye (area between the cornea and the iris) are affected. This condition is also known as iritis and is the most common type of uveitis.
- Intermediate uveitis: The retina and the blood vessels present behind the lens as well as the gel present in the eye center (vitreous) gets affected in this type of uveitis.
- Posterior uveitis: This class of uveitis affects the layer available inside of the back of the eye. It may affect the choroid or retina.
Signs and symptoms observed in the patients of Uveitis are
- Reduced eye vision
- Dark, floating spots in the field of vision (floaters)
- Blurred vision
- Light sensitivity
- Pain in the eye
- Redness of the eye
The signs and symptoms of the Uveitis can occur suddenly and develop worse quickly. But in rare cases, they develop gradually. Uveitis may affect one or both the eyes. Occasionally, there are no symptoms of uveitis that are observed in a routine checkup of the eye.
In most of the cases, the exact cause of uveitis is not clear. The scientists assume that it is an auto-immune disorder affecting only the eye or eyes. Several factors which can contribute in the development of the uveitis are
- An auto-immune or inflammatory disorder influencing other body parts such as Crohn’s disease, ankylosing spondylitis, sarcoidosis etc
- Adverse effect of several medications
- An infection such as tuberculosis, toxoplasmosis, syphilis, herpes zoster, cat-scratch disease
- An injury to the eye
- Surgery of the eye
- In some cases, cancer which affects the eye such as lymphoma
If the treatment of uveitis is not taken on correct time, this may induce several complications such as
- Permanent vision loss
- Retinal detachment
- Optic nerve damage
- Retina scarring
- Retinal swelling (macular edema)
The people with changes in the certain genes can easily get affected with uveitis. Cigarette smoking also triggers the development of uveitis.
When you visit an eye specialist doctor or Ophthalmologist, he will do a physical examination of your eye and ask your medical history. The doctor may also recommend some tests to detect any defect in the eye
These tests may include
- Imaging tests such as MRI, CT scan or radiography
- Analysis of aqueous or vitreous fluid from the eye
- Color photography of the retina (inside of the eye)
- Optical coherence tomography (OCT) imaging to measure the thickness of the choroid and the retina and to determine any inflammation in these layers.
- Fluorescein angiography or indocyanine green angiography, this test needs placement of an intravenous (IV) catheter in a vein of your arm. After that a dye is administered into the body. This dye will reach the blood vessels present in the eye and allow photographs of blood vessels of the eyes to detect any type of inflammation in them.
If you or your near one is suffering from uveitis, there is no need to worry. Uveitis can be easily treated with herbal remedies. Herbal remedies are prepared with herbs obtained from nature, thus working in a natural manner to treat the disease from its root and prevent its recurrence. Treating a disease with Ayurvedic medicines is such a wise option as they are 100 percent natural and possess no side-effects in the body of the patient.
By following the basic principles given in Ayurvedic literature, PLANET AYURVEDA prepared some herbal remedies to help the patients suffering from uveitis. These remedies are very beneficial in treating the disorder in a natural manner without showing any side-effects. All the remedies of Planet Ayurveda are formulated under the guidance of experienced M.D. Ayurveda doctors who strongly oppose the use of any chemical, flavor, preservative, binder, filler or any artificial material in these remedies. Thus, these remedies are completely natural and safer for consumption. Take a look at these marvelous remedies.
Herbal Remedies by Planet Ayurveda
- Angel Eye Vitale Under Eye Nourishing Cream
- Brahmi Capsules
- Bilberry Capsules
- Kaishore Guggul
1. Angel Eye Vitale Under Eye Nourishing Cream
Angel eye vitale prepared by Planet Ayurveda is a herbo-mineral preparation and consists of standardized extract of various ingredients such as Grape seed oil, Vitamin E, Almond oil, Propylene glycol, Shea butter, etc. This cream is very beneficial in treating the defects of the eye, and provides proper nutrition to the eye.
Dosage: Gently massage beneath the eye after thorough cleansing. Use this cream two times daily.
2. Brahmi Capsules
Planet Ayurveda formulates Brahmi capsules by using the best quality extract of Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri) herb which is well described in ancient Ayurveda text due to its multiple health beneficial properties. Taking these capsules will provide you protection from various diseases of eye as well as skin and blood. These capsules will enhance your brain health, skin health and prevent diabetes, jaundice, fever, swelling and cough.
Dosage: 2 capsules two times daily with normal water after meals.
3. Bilberry Capsules
The main herb used to prepare Bilberry capsules is Bilberry (Vaccinium myrtillus) which is an annual shrub with small fruits, bluish black in appearance. These capsules are very favorable for the eyes as they help in maintaining healthy eye vision, by preventing multiple eye defects such as glaucoma, diabetic retinopathy, night blindness, myopia and cataracts. Consumption of these capsules also maintains the equilibrium between Tridoshas (Vata, Pitta and Kapha).
Dosage: 1 capsule twice daily with normal water after meals.
4. Kaishore Guggul
Kaishore guggul tablets prepared in the house of Planet Ayurveda consists of pure quality extracts of 11 herbs such as Amalaki (Emblica officinalis), Bibhitaki (Terminalia bellirica), Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Ginger (Zingiber officinale), and seven other herbs. All these herbs work in a synergistic manner to treat the various disorders of eye, skin, liver and are helpful in various body disorders such as constipation, gout, arthritis, indigestion, increased uric acid levels, etc. Kaishore guggul tablets will enhance the overall body health.
Dosage: 2 tablets two times daily with lukewarm water after meals.
Contact Planet Ayurveda to provide you the costing / ordering and delivery information at – email@example.com or call at +91-172-5214030 Or Check Website – www.PlanetAyurveda.com
After reading this article, we are much capable of understanding the eye disorder uveitis. Proper treatment of this disease is mandatory and to be taken at the right time to prevent various complications which can be induced by uveitis. Above mentioned herbal remedies are very effective in treating this condition in a natural manner without showing any side-effects. These herbal remedies are totally safe for consumption by any person of any age.