The prostate is an accessory gland of the male reproductive organ and is a muscle-driven switch between ejaculation and urination. It is about the size of a walnut, has an average weight of 11 grams and is located in the pelvic region, which sits below the urinary bladder and is surrounded by the urethra. The part of the urethra passing through it is known as the Prostatic urethra which joints both the ejaculatory duct which is covered in a prostatic capsule. The prostate gland produces and contains fluid that forms semen and is emitted during the time of ejaculation. This fluid is slightly alkaline, milky and white in appearance. The prostate receives the blood supply from the inferior vesical artery, the Pudendal artery and the middle rectal artery. The lymphatic drainage of the prostate depends upon the positioning of the area and the vessels from the anterior prostate drain into the internal iliac lymph nodes. There are various conditions of the Prostate which affect life such as Prostate Cancer, Prostatitis and Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia. In this article, we are going to study Prostate Cancer in detail and its ayurvedic aspect in detail with safe formulations.
Prostate Cancer is the uncontrolled growth of the cells, this is the tiny gland which secretes Fluid which gets mixed with the Semen and keeps the sperm healthy for pregnancy and conception. It is a serious disease, which forms a tumour and damages erectile dysfunction such as blood in the urine and some trouble during urinating. Sometimes these tumours spread to various parts of the body and particularly in the bones and lymph nodes which causes pain in the bones, weakness in the leg and paralysis which eventually leads to death.
HOW COMMON IS PROSTATE CANCER?
Prostate Cancer is common, the second most common after skin cancer. About 1 in 8 males suffers from Prostate Cancer at some point in life which is an effective treatment in the early stages of life and is the slow growing nature of cancer in later stages.
TYPES OF PROSTATE CANCER
- Adenocarcinoma– It starts in the cells of glands like the prostate which secrete fluid. It is also known as Glandular prostate cancer. Symptoms of Adenocarcinomas of the prostate are-
- Frequent urge to urinate
- Painful ejaculation and urination
- Blood in the semen
- Small Cell Carcinomas– A most aggressive type of neuroendocrine cancer in the prostate which develops in small round cells.
- Transitional cell carcinomas- are known as urothelial cancer which starts in the urethra and bladder and gets spread to the prostate.
- Neuroendocrine tumours– Known as Carcinoids which appear in the nerve and gland cells and release hormones in the bloodstream.
- Sarcoma– Is known as Soft Tissue prostate cancer which develops into the soft tissue of the prostate in round cells of the neuroendocrine system.
- Squamous cell carcinomas– This is a rare and fast-growing form of prostate cancer which starts over the flat cells of the prostate gland.
- It occurs due to specific types of changes seen in glandular cells.
- Prostate cancer forms the cells and divides faster than normal cells
- The normal cells get multiplied and grow into a large lump known as a tumour.
- As these cells continue to divide, a portion of the tumour breaks off and begins to metastasise (spread to other parts of the body).
- Frequent urge to pee (nocturnal)
- Weak flow of urine which starts and stops
- Incontinence in urine and stools
- Painful ejaculations
- Blood in semen and urine
- Pain in the back, chest region
- Weight Loss
- Stage 1- The Cancer is only present in the prostate gland
- Stage 2- The cancer has no metastasis but has a high PSA level
- Stage 3- Spreading to the nearby tissues
- Stage 4- Spread to the distinct parts of the body
- Screening Test
- Digital Rectal Examination
- Prostate Specific Antigen Test (PSA)
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
TECHNIQUES FOR DETERMINING THE CANCER
- Gleason Score– A Gleason score is the most popular scale for determining the grade of prostate cancer cells. It ranges from score 2 (non-aggressive Cancer) to score 10 (Aggressive score).
- Genomic Testing– Genomic Testing helps determine the mutation of genes if present.
- Metastasis of Cancer which travels through the bloodstream and other lymphatic organs to other organs of the body
- Erectile Dysfunctions
In the Early Stage of Prostate Cancer, the following treatment is-
- Surgery- Radical Prostatectomy
- External Radiations Therapy
- Internal Radiations Therapy
- Hormonal Treatment
ADVANCED PROSTATE CANCER
It grows and spread throughout the body and can come back after remission-
- Chemotherapy- Stops the growth of cells of cancer.
- Hormonal Therapy- Blocking the androgens to delay the growth of cells
- Targeted Therapy
- Focal Therapy- The tumours get destroyed which are present inside the Prostate and it contains-
- High Intensity-focused ultrasound
- Laser Ablation
- Photodynamic therapy
Cancer is currently a major issue, it is known as Arbuda in Ayurveda. The father of surgery, Acharya Sushruta, claimed that the body’s localised areas are where the aggravated doshas are building up. The area has round, steady, painful, bigger, non-suppurative growths that are gradually maturing in nature due to the excess aberration in muscular tissue.
- Doshas- Kapha and Vata predominance
- Dushyas- Mamsa, Meda and Rakta
- Srotas- Mamsa, Meda and Rakta Vaha
- Sroto Dushti- Sanga and Sira Granthi
- Agni- Jatharagni and Dhatawa
- Rogamarga- Bahya
- Udbhavsthana- anywhere present in the body
- Adisthana- Sixth Layer of the skin- (Rohini)
TYPES OF ARBUDA
- Vataja Arbuda
- Pittaja Arbuda
- Kaphaja Arbuda
- Medo Arbuda
1. Vataja Arbuda
In Vataja Arbuda there are the following features
- Pricking and cutting type of pain
- The size of the tumour may be variable
- A thin clear fluid
- There is a fixed round tumour, which is bulging outside
2. Pitta Arbuda
In Pittaja Arbuda there are the following features
- Burning Sensations
- Red and yellow
- When warm blood is punctured, exudates occur.
3. Kaphaja Arbuda
In Kapha Arbuda the following are
- Painless and large tumour
- The area around is pale
- Supprates slowly and during puncture it is thick, cloudy pus.
These vitiated doshas get occupied into the blood and various vessels. When these get compressed and contract the localised area gets bigger tumours.
- This tumour can bleed on the touch from abrasions.
- This can give rise to chronic anaemia and severe emaciation
- Is known as Raktarbuda
The constant trauma and if there is any damage to the muscular part of the body which leads to variations of doshas in any localised area.
- There is quick and immediate transformation and multiplication of abnormal cells which leads to the formation of tumours.
- This is painless, non-suppurative and stable.
6. Medo Arbuda
This type of Growth is seen in the adipose tissues.
- In this state, there is metastasis which begins to spread to various areas.
TREATMENT OF ARBUDA
1. VATAJ CANCEROUS GROWTHS
- Oil swabs
2. PITTAJA CANCEROUS GROWTHS
- Mild Sudations
- Applications of medicated paste
2. KAPHAJA CANCEROUS GROWTHS
- Applications of Akali, cautery and surgery
HERBS WHICH ARE USEFUL IN ARBUDA
- DEVADARU- Devadaru (Cedrus deodara) helps balance Vata and Kapha doshas, this helps relieve Ama and alter the metabolism. Deodara has various properties which stop the growth of cancer cells and the growth of bacteria. Has wound healing properties and stops the growth of fungal infections. Contains various antioxidants and flavonoids which inhibit the multiplications of cells and prevent the growth of further tumours.
- TRIVIT- Trivit (Operculina turpethum) has antipyretic and anti-inflammatory properties, thus removing toxins from the body. Balances Pitta and Kapha doshas which manage various abdominal disorders. Has purgative nature and maintains healthy sugar levels in the body, has anthelmintic properties which clear the intestinal worms.
- HARIDRA– Haridra (Curcuma longa) is a miraculous herb which is helpful in digestive issues and other liver-related disorders. Balances tridoshas of the body. It helps remove the accumulation of blood vessels to remove further toxins from the body. Has antioxidant properties, which are helpful in the treatment of cancer. Stimulates the digestive fire and is useful in digestive-associated disorders.
- AMALTAS- Amaltas (Cassia fistula) is known as Aragvadha which has many medicinal properties and acts as a detoxifier. Balances Pitta and Kapha doshas, which regulate the tridoshas of the body. Helpful in maintaining a healthy gut and releasing free radical cells. Reduces the blood cholesterol level which prevents the build-up.
- BHALLATAKA– Bhallataka (Semecarpus anacardium) is a medium to large-sized tree, which has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. It is helpful in stimulating the digestive fire and is useful in all skin diseases. Cures Vata and Kapha doshas, which treat various nerve disorders and are helpful in both the male and female reproductive system.
- LASUNA- Lasuna (Allium sativum) is a perennial herb which is helpful in improving digestive health and is a well known cardiac tonic which maintains healthy cholesterol levels and blood pressure in the body. Helpful in balancing Vata and Kapha doshas, it has antioxidant properties. Is well known for strengthening heart muscles and increasing the stamina of the body to fight against severe infections.
HERBAL SUPPLEMENTS BY PLANET AYURVEDA FOR PROSTATE CANCER
Planet Ayurveda is a GMP-Certified Ayurvedic Clinic that creates a variety of herbal treatments to prevent various health problems and treat existing illnesses in patients. Any of the formulations created by Planet Ayurveda is free of any resins, additives and colours. These treatments have no negative effects because they are made under the strict supervision of M.D Ayurvedic practitioners and are 100% clean. Ayurveda offers a variety of herbal therapies for the treatment of the Prostate which will be covered in more detail below.
- KANCHNAAR GUGGUL
- ASHWAGANDHA CAPSULES
- SHILAJIT CAPSULES
- MORINGA CAPSULES
- VARUNADI VATI
- PROSTATE SUPPORT
- PROSTATE ENDZA
1. Kanchnaar Guggul
Kanchnaar Guggul are herbal tablets which are made by planet ayurveda using various herbs such as Amalaki (Emblica officinalis), Varuna bark (Crataeva religiosa), Guggul (Commiphora mukul) and many more. These tablets are helpful in the proper functioning of the lymphatic system and eliminate various toxins from the body. Reduces the abnormal growth in the body and maintains healthy cells and tissues.
Dosage– 2 tablets twice daily after meals with plain water
2. Ashwagandha Capsules
Ashwagandha Capsules is a single herbal formulation which is made by planet ayurveda using a standardised extract of Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera). These are helpful in bringing back strength to the muscles and thus enhance the stamina in the body. Reduces the swelling in the body and relieves the proper functioning of the nervous system.
Dosage- 1 capsule twice daily after meals with plain water
3. Shilajit Capsules
Shilajit Capsules is a single herbal tablet formulation which is helpful in maintaining health and proper well-being. This contains a standardised extract of Shilajit (Asphaltum). It is helpful in attaining the proper texture and thus improves the quality and quantity of life. Has various antioxidants which are helpful in removing toxins from the body and rejuvenating the cells and thus relaxing the mind.
Dosage- 1 capsule twice daily with plain water after meals
4. Boswellia Curcumin
This is a Polyherbal Capsule formulation which is made by planet ayurveda using Shallaki (Boswellia serrata) and Curcumin (Curcuma longa). This capsule has anti-inflammatory properties which are helpful in maintaining overall health and well-being. Rich in antioxidants, which maintains a healthy cardiovascular system. Increases circulation to joints and promotes the health of the body.
Dosage– 2 Capsules twice daily after meals with water
5. Moringa Capsules
Moringa Capsules is a single herbal capsule made by planet ayurveda using Moringa (Moringa oleifera) for maintaining the proper supply of blood and body. It is helpful in increasing the natural defence of the body and improves the immune system. Reduces the risk of heart disease and acts as a good diuretic. Has anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
Dosage- 1 capsule twice daily after meals with water
6. Varunadi Vati
Single herbal Supplement which is made up of pure herbs such as Punaranava (Boerhavia diffusa), Gokshur (Tribulus terrestris), Shuddh Guggul (Commiphora mukul) and more. This tablet is made by Planet Ayurveda for maintaining the water balance in the body and improving the functions of the kidney and acts as a diuretic for eliminating toxins from the body.
Dosage- 2 tablets twice daily after meals with plain water
7. Prostate Support
Prostate Support is a herbal tablet formulation made by planet ayurveda using Kanchnaar (Bauhinia variegata), Saralghan (Pinus roxburghii) and more. This tablet is helpful in relieving the difficulties of male performance and is helpful in supporting a healthy prostate and providing normal urogenital functions which improves the proper flow of the urine.
Dosage– 2 tablets twice daily after meals with plain water
8. Prostate Endza
It is a polyherbal Capsule formulation which contains Guggul (Commiphora wightii), Varuna (Crateva religiosa) and more. It is helpful in various prostate problems and is helpful in supporting the healthy reproductive system. Eliminates the urine and is useful in enlarged prostate. Has a great impact on digestion and burning micturition and has anthelmintic properties.
Dosage- 1 capsule twice daily after meals with water
Contact Planet Ayurveda Support Team to provide you the costing / ordering and delivery information at – email@example.com or Call at 0172-521-4040 (India), +91-172-521-4040 (Outside India) or Whatsapp at (+91) 9915-593-604
Prostate Cancer is the uncontrolled growth of the cells, this is the tiny gland which secretes Fluid which gets mixed with the Semen and keeps the sperm healthy for pregnancy and conception. The prostate gland produces and contains fluid that forms semen and is emitted during the time of ejaculation. This fluid is slightly alkaline, milky and white in appearance. Cancer is currently a major issue, it is known as Arbuda in Ayurveda. The father of surgery, Acharya Sushruta, claimed that the body’s localised areas are where the aggravated doshas are building up. In This article, we discussed the various herbs which are helpful in Cancer of the prostate and managing their symptoms and further effects which magically work without any side effects to have a healthy life!