Psoriasis is a chronic autoimmune skin disorder that causes redness, flakes, along with itching, which may relapse again and again. Our reduced immunity is the cause of relapsing. Due to this, the underline skin becomes discolored and gives an ugly look to our personality. In Ayurveda, psoriasis is called as ‘Kushtha’ and the pathogenesis of kushtha explained as –
(Reference – Charaka samhita / Chikitsa sthana / Kushtha chikitsa / Chapter no. 7 / Shloka no. 9)
The meaning of this quotation goes as – vitiated vata –pitta – kapha dosha gets localized and it vitiates our twak (skin), rakta (blood), lasika (lymph), mamsa (muscles). These are the 7 prime factors that are responsible for the production of skin lesions in our body.
What Causes Psoriasis In Our Body?
- Diet and lifestyle– If a person is consuming excessive hot-spicy, oily foodstuffs, junk foods, curd, etc. and indulging in activities like excessive exposure to sunlight, hot atmosphere, etc. may lead to the vitiation of pitta dosha in our body.
- Mental tensions – stress and strains
- Hereditary chances – skin infections are also inherited.
- Allergy – History of any allergy may be a triggering factor for this disease. Allergy from the particular food item, medications, dust, smoke, pollens, chemicals.
- Cosmetics – Some external applications may damage our dermis layer.
- Occupational hazard – Those who work in chemical factories, under high temperatures, they are prone to develop skin problems.
- History of skin infections – Some skin infections in later stage may lead to psoriasis.
- Steroids – Long standing use of steroids reduce our immunity. As immunity is one of the main factors to develop diseases in our body.
- Burning sensation
- Oozing out blood
- Discoloration of skin
- Formation of pustules
- Excessive sweating
- Flakes formation
- Dryness all over the body
- Cracked skin
- Sometimes swelling may be present
- Joint problems
Types Of Psoriasis
- Plaque psoriasis – This psoriasis is the most common one. Scaly formations have been seen over the affected area, these are of silvery – white in color. The most common sites are – elbows, scalp, and knees. These plaques can be peeled off.
- Guttate psoriasis – Small pink spots emerge over the skin. We can observe this type of psoriasis in youths. This is a self- limiting condition. Most common sites are – trunk and limbs.
- Pustular psoriasis – Pus-filled eruptions surrounded by red skin will arise and are not infectious. The common sites are hands and feet.
- Inverse psoriasis – Patch of the skin is blood red, shiny. Usually found in the groin, breast and armpit region. This problem is due to sweating and itching.
- Erythrodermic psoriasis – Least common type, but a very serious one, which may affect our other systems like respiratory and cardiovascular, if not treated on time.
- Nail psoriasis – This condition is more common in the patients suffering from arthritis, affects our nails of hands and feet. It occurs due to fungal infection. Patients of nail psoriasis exhibit pains, tenderness, discolored nails, pit formation in nails, etc
For managing this problem Planet Ayurveda has a perfect solution – PSORA CARE PACK. It is an effective herbal remedy that has the potency to treat all types of psoriasis. The herbs used in these formulations are of standard quality and are natural. These are totally chemicals and steroids free medicines.
Description Of Psora Care Pack
1. Navakarshik Churna
Navakarshik churna is a combination of amalaki (Emblica officinalis), haritaki (Terminalia chebula), bibhitiki (Terminalia bellirica), daruharidra (Berberis aristata), vacha (Acorus calamus), manjishtha (Rubia cordifolia), katuki (Picrorhiza kurroa), guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia).
Triphala is well-known for its detoxifier property. Katuki and Guduchi help to purify the liver, hence help to eliminate toxins from the body. Manjishtha, daruharidra, and Vacha are helpful in the purification of blood. Basically, this Churna helps to detoxify the whole body by removing toxins from the liver, colon, and blood. It also helps to relieve constipation.
Dosage: 1 teaspoon twice daily with plain water after meals.
2. Radiant Skin Hair Nail Formula
This medicine is a blend of Manjishtha (Rubia cordifolia), Pit papada (Fumaria officinalis), Chirayata (Swertia chiretta), Ghrit Kumari (Aloe barbadensis) herbs which directly act on our skin tissue. Generally, our skin takes about 28 days to replace old cells and to produce new cells, but due to less immunity in psoriasis patient, their body can’t reform their body cells. at a fast pace. So by using this medication, the rejuvenation process will speed up.
Dosage: 2 capsules twice daily with plain water after meals
3. Neem Capsules
Neem (Azadirachta indica) is a known herb for it is anti-inflammatory and blood purification properties. It helps to eliminate toxins from the body and even increases the body’s defensive mechanism for fighting against bacteria’s and viruses.
Dosage: 1 capsule twice daily with plain water after meals
4. Manjishtha Capsules
These capsules contain extract of Rubia cordifolia. It is an effective herb in treating skin problems. It acts as a blood purifier and as an anti-oxidant, which helps to pacify Pitta dosha in our body. It helps to regain the normal skin color and also enhances the complexion.
Dosage: 2 capsules twice daily with plain water after meals.
5. Pitta Balance
The constituents of pitta balance are – akik pisti, praval pishti, jaharmohra pishti, kamdudha ras, Mukta pishti, giloy satva. All these medicines act on our immune system. They have immune modulator property, which helps to enhance our immunity and also digestive problems are very common in skin lesions, thus pitta balance helps to manage the digestive fire.
Dosage: 1 capsule twice daily with plain water after meals.
6. Lippu Oil
Components of lippu oil are karanja (Pongamia glabra) and coconut oil. Karanja is an effective anti-bacterial medicine and coconut helps to manage proper skin tone. This is an effective combination to remove flakes from the skin and helps to heal underlying skin tissues.
Dosage: Apply locally on lesions after bath and expose to sunlight for about 5 min.
7. Psorolin Ointment
This ointment is helpful to reduce the growth of infected skin cells. It even creates a layer to protect your skin from infectious things present in the surroundings. As scales are commonly formed, it helps to reduce them.
This ointment is formed by using the oil extracts of Wrightia tinctoria and Cynodon dactylon.
Dosage: Apply locally on lesions at night.
Note: Psoriasis is a condition if not treated on time may lead to psoriatic arthritis, it may also affect our lungs and eyes.