The main focus of this topic is on the Hernia. This article includes information such as types of hernia, symptoms, causes, herbal remedies, home remedies, and lifestyle changes. Hernia is a bulging of tissue or organ through a weak spot in the body. It causes pain in the abdomen and mostly occurs in between the thigh, stomach, and hips. It creates difficulty during seating. So, it is advised to take proper medication and also take preventive measures to prevent it. We will also discuss many herbal remedies that are provided by planet Ayurveda to treat the hernia.
A hernia is a common issue nowadays. It occurs when an internal organ of the body pushes through an opening from the wall of the muscles that contain it. Many times hernia occurs in the abdominal cavity, between the hips and the chest. Depending upon the size and location of the hernia, you can easily see it. Various activities like bending, lifting heavy things, etc. can worsen the situation of a person during hernia. Normally, it occurs in the area between the hips and thigh, chest, etc. Treatment of hernia totally depends upon how big it is. Generally, it is found in men than women. It is not possible that hernia go away naturally on their own. Sometimes, it takes proper medication to reduce them.
It has five major types that we discussed below:
- Inguinal hernia
- Femoral hernia
- Hiatal hernia
- Umbilical hernia
- Ventral hernia
- Inguinal hernia: It is the most common type of hernia that is found in men. It occurs in the weak spot above the inguinal ligament. The viscera protrudes in to the duct within the groin. In women, the inguinal canal contains the round ligament that provides support to the womb of the women. It affects men more than women.
- Femoral hernia: This is a very rare type of hernia. It is generally found in pregnant women. It occurs when bowel pokes in between your thighs and stomach. There is a bulge at the top of the thigh near to the groin. It causes abdominal pain, vomiting, etc. in pregnant women.
- Hiatal hernia: It is also known as hiatus hernia. In this type, a part of the stomach opens in your diaphragm by pushing it with the abdomen next to the belly button. It causes problem like, indigestion, heartburn, etc.
- Umbilical hernia: In this type of hernia, the part of the small intestine opens in the abdomen near the navel. The newborn babies and children are easily affected from it.
- Ventral hernia: In this type of hernia, there are bulges of tissues that open in the abdomen muscles. Obesity and pregnancy are the major causes of ventral hernia. It can be present by birth in the child and in some cases, it may stay forever.
Symptoms of Hernia
- Lump in an affected area
- Problem in digestion
- Pain near the groin
- Weakness in the groin
- Pressure in the groin
- Swelling around the testicles
- Unable to pass gas
(1)A hernia is caused by the combination of muscle weakness and strain. Some worst cases of strain and weakness that leads directly to hernia. A hernia is caused by:
- Chronic disease such as coughing, sneezing, etc
- Strenuous activity
- Increased pressure within the abdomen
- Straining during urination
- Cystic fibrosis
- Lifting heavy objects
- Physical exertion
- Fluid in the abdomen
- Enlarged prostate
There are two factors that may increases the risk of hernia such as abdominal muscles and weak connective tissues. Tissue of many people becomes weak in older age and many people are born with weak connective tissues (2). Being overweight also causes the risk of incisional and umbilical hernia.
Doctors first takes the test of person by asking them to tense their stomach muscles, lie down and cough. A doctor will diagnosis your hernia with the help of an abdominal ultrasound test, CT scan Test, and MRI scan.
Treatment of hernia totally depend upon what type of hernia a person has. There are natural treatments that can treat Hernia. Treatments like herbal remedies, home remedies, and lifestyle changes that are discussed below:
Planet Ayurveda is offering pure and natural supplements for proper management of hernia. The products are natural and made under the guidance of Ayurvedic experts. The herbs used in these products are pure and safe with no side-effects. Some of the herbal formulations are mentioned below:
- Vara churna
- Digestion support
- Chitrakadi Vati
- Kanchnaar guggul
- Mahashankh Vati
- Tribulus power
- Varunadi Vati
1. Vara Churna
It is also known as Triphala powder. During hernia, this churna is used to remove toxins from body. It is the best herbal medicine for constipation. Ingredients include haritaki, bhibhitaki, and Amalaki. It supports digestive system.
Dosage: 1 teaspoon twice daily, after meals.
2. Digestion Support
These capsules help to maintain the pH balance between the stomach and all types of foods. It controls constipation. Ingredients such as Amla, Haritaki, Bahera, Sounf, Dhania, Pippali, and Jeerak.
Dosage: 1-2 capsules twice daily, after meals.
3. Chitrakadi Vati
These tablets are good for us in order to improve the power of digestion in our bodies. It detoxifies our digestive system and removes toxins from our body. Ingredients such as Chitraka, pippali moola, yava kshara, swarjia kshara, sauvarchala lavana, saindhava lavana, samudra lavana, vida lavana, audbhida lavana, shunti, maricha, pippali, hingu, ajamoda, chavya, and matuluga swarasa.
Dosage: 2 tablets, once or twice in a day, after meals.
4. Kanchnaar Guggul
This tablet reduces the inflammation during hernia. This medicine used to works as a detoxifier in urination. Ingredients include kachnar bark, Amalaki, haritaki, bibhitaki, ginger, black pepper, pippali, and varuna.
Dosage: 1-2 tablets twice or thrice daily with Luke water.
5. Mahashankh Vati
It is used in the digestive system to balance Vata and Pitta doshas. It improves the digestive system, reducing intestinal pain, testicles pain, and relief from gastric, etc. Ingredients such as nimbu, Saikharika, Chitraka, and Amla.
Dosage: 2 tablets twice daily, after meals.
6. Tribulus Power Capsules
These capsules are useful in stamina, fatigue, enhance the functions of the male sexual organs, etc. It also provides support to the testicles from the hernia.
Dosage: 1-2 capsules twice daily, after meals.
7. Varunadi Vati
It helps us to treat urinary infections and relief from stone’s pain.
Dosage: 2-4 tablets twice daily, after meals.
It is very important to take a quality amount of food in your diet and following some home remedies that are helpful to reduce the effects of Hernia.
- Ice packs: It is easily available at your home in the fridge. Take some ice and apply it to the affected space. It provides you relief. It reduces the inflammation, swelling.
- Avoid oily foods: Oily food may disturb your internal system and increases the chance of hernia. So, it is suggested to avoid them.
- Fiber-rich diet: Always try to eat fiber-rich food. When it comes to food, we need to take care of the quality and quantity of food. If you are suffering from constipation, try to change your diet which includes nutritional food. In this way, you can easily fight with a hernia.
- Green vegetables: In the case of an inguinal hernia, you should eat green vegetables like carrot, beans, green leafy vegetables, pea, and sweet potato. You can also use castor seed oil in your food to keep your stomach healthy.
- Aloe Vera: Drink aloe Vera juice daily. It supports your digestive system and keeps away your body from many diseases.
- Ginger juice: Make ginger juice in order to avoid abdominal pain, inflammation, etc. It is a natural remedy that boosts your health.
- Fresh juice: Drink vegetable juice and fruit juice to reduce the pain and burning sensations during hernia.
- Maintain your body heat by regular exercise
- Avoid lifting heavy weight
- Try to maintain your body weight
- Walk at least 20 minutes daily
So, we conclude that hernia is caused by internal organs that are present inside our body. Men are mostly affected due to hernia. It can occur near thigh, in between hips, stomach, on the testicles, etc. There are some treatments that help us to treat Hernia. Planet Ayurveda offers hernia-U care pack and hernia I/F care pack for treating Hernia. The herbal products used in these packs are natural and pure. It has no side-effects.
Contact Planet Ayurveda Support Team to provide you the costing/ordering and delivery information at – firstname.lastname@example.org or Call at 0172-521-4030 (India), +91-172-521-4030 (Outside India) or Whatsapp at (+91) 9915-593-604.