- The human body has a complex nervous system due to the existence nervous system we are able to coordinate with one part to another part of our body but not in GuilIain Barre syndrome. Actually, it is a serious autoimmune disorder in which the body`s immune system attacks your nerves, in your PNS (peripheral nerves system).
- The weakness, tingling, and numbness occur in the whole body.
- Because of this syndrome, the body can get paralyzed.
- The cause of this condition is still not known, but this condition is believed to be triggered by an infectious illness, like lung infection and gastroenteritis.
- Myelin is a lipid-rich fatty substance that surrounds nerve cells, the axons to insulate them and increase the rate of information which is passed along the axon.
- Guillian Barre is of multiple types, the most common form is an acute inflammatory demyelinating and polyradiculoneuropathy (CIDP). It results in damage to the myelin.
- The cause of this disease is unknown, but most people with Guillain-Barre develop it soon after they have been sick with diarrhea or a respiratory infection.
- As when previous illness does not get a proper immune response, that happens to trigger the disorder.
- Campylobacter jejuni infection has been associated with Guillian-Barre. Campylobacter is one of the most common bacterial causes of diarrhea.
- Some of the diseases also have been associated with Guillian-Barre syndrome.
- HIV or AIDS, Mycoplasma pneumonia caused by bacteria like an organism.
- Influenza, cytomegalovirus (CMV), Epstein barr virus infection or mononucleosis(EBV).
- Older adults are more prone to get this problem of Guillian-barre but it’s not necessary that only older adults can be the target of this disease but anybody could be a target of this disease.
- The nerves in your peripheral nervous system connect your brain to the rest of your body.
Symptoms of this disease include
- Walking gait is not proper as a person cannot walk steadily.
- Pain in the lower back of the person suffering from this disease.
- Fast heart rate.
- Loss of bladder control, urinary incontinence happens when you lose control of your bladder.
- Movements like chewing, swallowing, talking, moving your face or eyes.
- Tingling or prickling sensations in your extremities.
- Fluctuation in blood
- Guillian barre syndrome is an autoimmune inflammatory process when the immune system of a person gets affected, it can be life-threatening.
Ayurveda and Guillian Barre syndrome
According to Ayurveda (GBS) Guillian Barre syndrome is correlated with Vata dosha. When Vata gets aggravated it makes the way for disease Guillian Barre syndrome. Myelin sheath protects the nerve cells by insulating the layer for the betterment and proper functioning of the nerve cells.
When GBS (Guillian Barre syndrome) hits this Mylein sheath, this protective case of the nerves is destroyed. Aggravated Vata destroys the fat-containing over the nerve interfering with the signal transmission, hence it weakens the muscles and make way for the paralysis and is considered as Mamsa gata Vata. To treat Guillian-Barre syndrome, you need to take care of chronic infections like diarrhea and infection, so that in future you should not meet the problems of auto-immune diseases.
Guillian Barre syndrome affects your nerves. As nerve controls your movement and body functions, people with Guillian Barre syndrome may experience
Breathing difficulties, weakness or paralysis as in progress and spreads to the muscles that help you in controlling your breath, which can be fatal also in some cases.
People with Gullian Barre syndrome may feel pain in their nerves.
Unable to move or walk might cause you to lie on a bed, which in result tends to give you bedsores.
4. Bowel Movements
The function of bowels and urine retention is the problem with this disease Guillian Barre syndrome.
5. Blood Clots
Blood clots may be the reason due to Guillian Barre syndrome for that you need to take blood thinners.
6. Numbness and Tingling
Sensation in the body with residual weakness, numbness, and tingling in the output due to Guillian Barre syndrome.
Problems with blood pressure fluctuations and irregular pace of heartbeats are the problem faced by the patients of Guillian Barre syndrome.