Transient ischaemic attack is associated with brain dysfunction caused by reduction in blood flow to the brain. This is also called mini stroke. Reduction in blood flow mainly occurs due to blood clots. Transient ischemic attack has the same origin as that of stroke. In stroke a clot blocks the blood supply of the brain and in case of transient ischemic attack the blockage is brief and there is no permanent damage. Here in this article we will discuss transient ischemic attack in detail and its ayurvedic management.
Transient ischemic attack is a medical emergency in which blood supply to the brain is blocked for some time. It is also called mini stroke. This neurological dysfunction occurs due to tissue injury, retinal ischemia, spinal cord ischemia, and focal brain. This condition is considered as a serious warning. The symptoms of transient ischemic are very similar to stroke such as weakness in the legs, arms, difficulty in speech, visual disturbance and numbness in face. Patients show symptoms for a few minutes to a few hours. Patients mainly fully resolve within 24 hours. It does not cause any long lasting disabilities. Let’s discuss transient ischemic attack in detail.
- Symptoms of transient ischemic attack are identical to stroke but there is no permanent damage in this disease.
- Temporary blockage of blood to the brain
- It is also called mini stroke
- People age more than 55 years are highly affected
- Men at higher risk than women
Transient ischemic attacks occur when there is obstruction in the supply of oxygen to the brain. This may be due to following reasons
- Atherosclerosis- the condition in which deposition of fat occurs in the walls of artery
- Narrowing of artery
- High blood pressure
- Irregular heart beat
- High cholesterol
- Blood clot
- Family history
- Genetic: the person who has a family history of transient ischemic attack has more chances of this disease.
- Age: the person who is more than 55 has more chances of TIA
- Sex: men have a slightly higher risk than women
- Sickle cell anaemia: the patients who are suffering from sickle cell anaemia are more prone to transient ischemic attack
Symptoms shown by transient ischemic are as follows
- Change in alertness
- Difficulty in hearing,vision, taste and touch.
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Mental changes such as confusion, memory loss,
- Muscle problems (this include weakness, difficulty in swelling and difficulty in walking)
- Numbness in one side of the body
- Difficulty to smile
- Patient not able to raise arms
- Difficulty in speech
- Brain scan (MRI): Blood clots can be detect easily with the help of brain scan
- Blood test: It is very useful in diagnosing cholesterol in the blood. Because high cholesterol in the blood is the major cause of transient ischaemic attack
- Electrocardiogram(ECG): ECG is a service which helps in measuring electrical activity of the heart.
- Carotid ultrasound: Narrowing and blockage of arteries going to the brain easily detected with the help of this test
- Firstly give emergency treatment to the patient
- Antiplatelet therapy: the patients who are suffering from non cardioembolic stroke or transient ischemic attacks are recommended antiplatelet therapy rather than oral anticoagulation.
- Blood thinners
- Carotid endarterectomy
- Say no to smoking and alcohol
- Regular exercise
- Balanced should be taken
- Healthy weight
- Limit cholesterol and fat
- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables
- Limit sodium
- Control diabetes
Ayurveda is a vedic science which treats humans as well as animals. This pathy mainly works on three doshas i.e. Vata, pitta and kapha. According to ayurveda Transient ischemic attacks can be correlated with aggravation of vata dosha. This disease can be managed with ayurvedic herbs such as ashwagandha, brahmi, arjuna, punarnava, haridra and gotu kola. Ashwagandha and brahmi helps in decreasing stress and anxiety. Arjuna helps in regulating blood circulation. Gotu kola helps in balancing the three doshas and Guggul is very useful in the management of obesity and diabetes. Thus these herbs show wonderful results in the management of transient ischemic attack.
Herbal remedies for transient ischemic attacks from Planet Ayurveda
Planet ayurveda is a worldwide company which treats humans as well as animals. This is a GMP certified company. All the medicines made by this company are natural and free from side effects. This company makes medicines under the observation of MD ayurveda doctors. Planet Ayurveda makes medicine in the form of tablets, syrup and churna. All the products are gluten free. In case of transient ischemic attack following products are offered by Planet ayurveda
- Ashwagandha capsule
- Brahmi capsule
- Arjun capsule
- Punarnava capsule
- Curcumin capsule
- Gotu Kola capsule
1. Ashwagandha Capsule
It contains high quality herb i.e. Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera). These capsules are very effective in the treatment of transient ischemic attacks. It improves blood circulation, lowers blood pressure and boosts the immune system. It also has a high healing power which heals the injured arteries. The main symptom of this disease i.e.“blood clot” also decreases with the help of these capsules.
Dose- Two capsules twice daily with plain water after meals
2. Brahmi capsules
Brahmi capsules from Planet Ayurveda contain a standardised extract of brahmi (Bacopa monnieri) which is very useful in brain health. This herb is beneficial in learning skills, improving memory, and memory enhancement by regeneration of cells present in the brain. These capsules are also helpful in improving sleeping disorders, and boost brain health. It is very useful in decreasing the blood pressure, and also very useful in the management of stress and anxiety.
Dosage:- Two capsules twice daily with plain water after meals
3. Arjuna Capsules
These are in the form of capsules. The main herb in this capsule is Arjuna (Terminalia arjuna). This capsule contains a standardised extract of arjuna and plays a very important role in the management of mansik doshas such as sattva, rajas and tamas. As We all know, arjun is a cardioprotective in nature. The bark of arjun also has its own properties such as antidysentric, expectorant, demulcent and astringent etc.
Dose:-Two capsules twice daily with plain water after meals
4. Punarnava Capsules
The main herbal ingredient of this capsule is punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa) which is well known to be an immune booster, anti ageing, and also enhance brain power. This herb also shows immunosuppressive, hepatoprotective, anti cancer, antioxidant, antimicrobial, anti diabetic and antiinflammatory properties.
Dose:- Two capsules twice daily with plain water after meals
5. Curcumin Capsules
These are in the form of capsules and have been formulated from haridra extract (Curcuma longa) which shows antiinflammatory properties. This herb is very beneficial in the management of down’s syndrome, Alzheimer’s disease, and parkinson’s disease. This capsule improves blood circulation and is helpful in balancing the three doshas i.e. vata pitta and kapha.
Dose- Two capsules twice daily with plain water after meals
6. Gotu kola capsules
Gotu kola capsules contain a standardised extract of gotu kola (Centella asiatica) which is commonly known as mandukaparni. This herb maintains mansik (satv, raj, tam) as well as sharirik doshas (vata, pitta, kapha). This capsule also works effectively in the management of headache, restlessness, lack of concentration, and sleeping disorders.
Dose-Two capsules twice daily with plain water after meals
Contact Planet Ayurveda Support Team to provide you the costing / ordering and delivery information at – firstname.lastname@example.org or Call at 0172-521-4040 (India), +91-172-521-4040 (Outside India) or Whatsapp at (+91) 9915-593-604.
Transient ischemic attack is a medical emergency in which blood supply to the brain stops for some time. It is also called mini-stroke. Symptoms of transient ischemic attack are identical to stroke but there is no permanent damage in this disease. Diagnosis of transient ischemic disease depends on the history of the patient. According to ayurveda this disease can be correlated with aggravation of vata dosha and can be manageable easily with ayurvedic herbs. Here in this article we have learnt the transient ischemic attack in detail and its ayurvedic management also.