For good health and digestion get rid of it as soon as possible.
WHAT IS FATTY LIVER?
There are two kinds of fatty liver:
Alcoholic fatty liver and non-alcoholic fatty liver (NAFL)
Alcoholic Fatty Liver: As its name suggests, is caused by the over intake of liquor (alcohol)
Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver: If you have an excessive fat in your liver due to which your liver gets inflamed and you are not taking alcohol so it’s the real symptom of NASH non-alcoholic fatty liver, leads to a serious liver condition known as non-alcoholic steatoHepatitis (NASH), NASH is dangerous to liver as it causes inflammation and damages liver cells, it causes fat accumulation in liver cells. This leads to fibrosis or scar tissues which tend to make it die (liver cells). It is dangerous because it can cause liver cancer. It’s also known as the main cause of other diseases such as heart disease, kidney disease and diabetes in some conditions.
CAUSES OF FATTY LIVER:
- Diet: One of the main cause of fatty liver is diet as we take more and more junk food these days and refined carbohydrates which are present in almost all fast food, if this kind of junk food is taken by obsessed and overweight individuals it’s really very harmful to the liver.
- Obesity: Due to obesity we get prone to low-grade inflammation, as we tend to get more weight we are getting into the clutches of liver disease, around 10 to 90% of adults have fatty liver disease who are overweight which is of type (NAFD).
- Excessive Fat Around Belly Area: Even some people who sound thin and of average weight tend to get this fatty liver disease as they have large amount of fat around the belly area.
- Excessive Intake of Sugary Drinks: Beverages which contain a high amount of sugar like energy drinks and soda which have a high amount of fructose which is one of the cause for liver fat accumulation in kids and adults alike.
- High Insulin Level: People who have type 2 diabetes who have high insulin levels have been shown to be more prone to fatty liver disease.
- Gut Problem: Having an imbalance in gut bacteria, problems with gut bacteria function, (Leaky gut) or other gut health issues is the reason for the non-alcoholic fatty liver.
Cirrhosis: It can be due to liver inflammation in non-alcoholic steatoHepatitis (NASH) as the liver tries to protect it from inflammation resulting in areas of scarring fibrosis as inflammation continued it(fibrosis) tends to occupy more and more liver tissues as it spreads.
It leads to various dangerous ailments like:
a. Liver cancer
b. Abdomen there is a fluid built-up (Ascites)
c. Esophagus gets swell as veins in the esophagus get hurt which tends to bleed
d. Neurological problems: A person suffering from NASH is getting drowsiness, slurred speech, and confusion.
e. Liver failure: In the end and last stage of this NASH is that the liver of the patient stops working properly.
5 to 12% of people who are suffering from this NASH disease are highly in danger zone of getting Cirrhosis.
SOME OF THE DISEASE WHICH CAUSES YOUR LIVER TO GET NAFL AND NASH:
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Obesity mostly when fat is accumulated around your belly area.
- Pituitary Gland when it is inactive know to be Hypopituitarism
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
- Triglycerides increased level in blood.
- Metabolic Syndrome
- High Cholesterol
- Insomnia – Sleeping Disorder
- Excessive cholesterol in the blood
- Hepatitis C: if you are infected with hepatitis-C.
- Pregnancy: If you are in your phase of pregnancy.
SYMPTOMS OF NON-ALCOHOLIC FATTY LIVER:
Usually, there is not as such pre predicted sign and symptoms of Non-alcoholic fatty liver but you can include some signs as the cause of non-alcoholic fatty liver:
a.Fatigue: People suffering from non-alcoholic fatty liver usually getting fatigued easily.
b.Feeling pain in the upper right abdomen.
SOME OF THE SIGN AND SYMPTOMS OF NON-ALCOHOLIC STEATOHEPATITIS:
- Red Palms: The patient`s both hand palms are having a reddish color look.
- Enlarged Spleen: The patient’s spleen gets enlarged, who is suffering from Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis.
- Jaundice: The patient can develop jaundice also if he is suffering from Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis.
- Enlarged Blood Vessels: Just skin`s beneath there are enlarged blood vessels, they may be symptoms of Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH).
DIAGNOSIS OF FATTY LIVER:
To diagnose you with the fatty liver physician may look into the following conditions:
If the doctor suspects that you have fatty liver then he will go for
- Your family’s medical history, including the history of any liver disease.
- During the recent period of time, any change in your physical health conditions.
- Medicines you are taking.
- Your lifestyle habits like-alcohol intake.
You must tell your doctor during counseling, the problems with your health that if you are getting fatigued easily or loss of appetite.
Physical Examination: To check whether your liver is in proper condition, the physician might press your abdomen to check if it is enlarged, the doctor will detect it.
If the condition of fatty liver is not detected physically doctor may recommend you for some physical examination:
- CT scan
- Ultrasound scan
- MRI scan
You might be recommended for biopsy of the liver in some cases.
TREATMENT FOR FATTY LIVER:
Your physician may recommend you with some of this below-given advice to include in your treatment for fatty liver.
- Medications: The doctor may advise you for some of the medicines to get a cure for fatty liver.
- .Lifestyle Changes: you may be advised to change your lifestyle as you must take good and healthy diet, which includes diet having rich fiber content and he might suggest you to discontinue your alcohol intake in case you are drinking alcohol.
- Surgery: In some cases, you must be advised to get the surgery done if you are not getting treated by medication you need to go for surgery.
If you have any queries, you can visit our page.