- Sunrays are not so healthy for your skin as too much sun can result in unsightly brown spots, burns and even skin cancer.
- The ultraviolet rays of the sun generate free radicals that can accelerate wrinkling, drying, aging of the skin as well.
- Everyone is beautiful in her or his own way you just need a little loving and natural touch with Ayurvedic care.
- The face is one of the important areas that you need to take care of because all five senses are located here.
Your dosha determines your skin type
- Vata Skin
- Pitta skin
- Kapha skin
- Vata skin is generally dry, thin, cool to the touch and easily gets dehydrated. Vataj skin’s outer layer can contribute to premature wrinkles and aging.
- Exposure to the harsh elements, incompatible food, lack of water and oil, excessive mental, physical activities and insufficient rest can aggravate aging in vataj skin type.
Caring for Vata Skin
For Vata skin to stay youthful, skin care products used should be very nurturing such as essential herbs or oils which can nourish the skin and rehydrate it, otherwise, it may be susceptible to wrinkles and premature aging.
- Provide added nourishment to your skin by including whole grains, organic milk, and green leafy vegetables in your diet.
- Drink lots of lukewarm water for internal hydration.
- For lubrication add a little healthy fat such as ghee or olive oil in your diet.
- Abhyanga or oil massage is very useful for Vata Skin types.
- Regularly pranayama makes your skin healthy.
- Go to bed on time
- Eat three regular meals
- Follow a regular daily routine
- Eat foods that help to balance Vata and nourish the Vata skin.
Pitta skin type tends to have more photosensitivity, breakouts, less tolerance to hot food and less tolerance to heat. Pitta skin is warm to touch, looks ruddy. Pitta skin types tend to have more moles than other skin types.
Caring for Pitta Skin
Pitta skin type needs both cooling and nurturing care. Use skin care product which helps you protect from the sun.
- Stay away from harsh, synthetic cosmetics as they can cause breakouts and damage your sensitive skin.
- Avoid spicy, hot foods and excess deep-fried foods.
- Apply organic rose petals spread in cold milk every day, rose is considered cooling for body, mind, and emotions.
- When you go outside take extra care to protect your skin.
Kapha skin is moist, smooth, thick, pale and more tolerant to the sun. Excessive oil excretion combined with dirt results in the clogging of the skin pores.
Caring for Kapha Skin
Kapha skin, because of its oiliness and thickness, is more prone to the accumulation of toxins under the skin. Kapha skin people need to do detoxification on a regular basis –both external detoxification and internal detoxification to flush out toxins from the skin.
- Avoids too many deep-fried foods as they add oiliness to the skin.
- Avoid eating too many sweets.
- Daily exercise should be done as it improves blood circulation.
- Daily warm oil massage can also help in
- Eat plenty of organic fruits and vegetables as these help in cleansing the body from within.
Herbal Remedies for Skin Problems by Planet Ayurveda
Planet Ayurveda offers “Skin Care Pack” which is a natural treatment for skin problems. These herbal remedies strictly follow the principles of Ayurveda and prepared from using best quality herbs. Planet Ayurveda Skin Care Pack is 100% pure, natural and vegetarian. These herbal remedies are free from chemicals, additives, and preservatives.
- Aloe Vitals Capsules
Aloe vera (Aloe barbedensis) is a great herb to manage any skin problem. Aloe vitals capsules of Planet Ayurveda are prepared from pure extract of this herb. It gives proper nourishment and keeps skin hydrating. It is helpful in dry skin patches, alleviates redness and maintains the glow of the skin. The product is rich in vitamin C and E that is in turn required to maintain the healthy skin. In short, the product is a great one to take care of overall skin health.
1-2 capsules twice a day with plain water after meals.
- Radiant Skin Hair Nails Formula
In skin problems, hair growth of the skin and nails growth are also affected. Planet Ayurveda’s ‘Radiant Skin Hair Nails formula capsules not only give positive results in skin problems, but also improve the growth of hair and nails as well. This herbal formula is made using the combination of herbs such as Ghrit kumari(Aloe barbadensis) Manjistha (Rubia cordifolia), Pitpapda (Fumaria offcinalis),Chirata( Swertia chiretta) and The product will give proper nutrition and nourishment to the skin. It covers all kinds of skin problems.
2 capsules twice a day, with plain water after meals.
- Neem Capsules
Neem is an age-old remedy for all types of skin disorders. It improves the beauty of the skin. Medicinal properties of neem are anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory and antifungal that make the herb a perfect choice to relieve skin problems.
Neem capsules are prepared with pure and standardized extract of neem herb. This product acts as a natural blood purifier and helps in the removal of excess of toxins from the body. The product is suitable for all kinds of skin problems.
1-2 capsules twice a day, with plain water after meals.
- Kumkumadi Oil
This herbal oil is packed with some wonderful herbs that are beneficial for the skin. Massaging with this oil will improve the texture of the skin and maintain the skin healthy and young.
Take 3-5 drops of the oil and massage over the affected area of the skin, leave it for 10-20 minutes. Kumkumadi oil can be avoided if your skin is oily. But other supplements are safe for all skin types.
- Drink 8-10 glasses water daily.
- Fatty fish- Such as salmon, contains omega-3 fatty acids that can reduce inflammation and keeps skin moisturized.
- Include Avocados as it contains vitamins C and E, which are important for healthy skin.
- Walnuts are a good source of essential zinc, fats, vitamins E&C, selenium, and All these nutrients are needed to keep the skin healthy.
- Sunflower seeds are rich in antioxidants which are healthy for the skin.
- Sweet potato is an excellent source of beta-carotene, which acts as a natural sun blocker and may protect your skin from
- Red or yellow bell peppers- It contains plenty of beta-carotene and vitamin c both of them are important antioxidants.
- Broccoli- It is a good source of minerals, vitamins, and carotenoids that are important for skin health. It prevents skin cancer and protects your skin from
- Tomatoes- They helps to prevent wrinkling of the skin.
- Soy-It contains isoflavones, which have been shown to improve collagen, wrinkles, skin elasticity, and skin dryness.
- Green tea- Catechins found in green tea act as a powerful antioxidant that can protect your skin against sun damage and reduce redness.
- Fruits & vegetables- Include watermelon, cherry, pumpkin, papaya, spinach, carrots, coconut water, soya beans products in the diet.
Yoga and Paranayam For Skin
- SARVANGASANA- Practicing this asana 3-5 times a day will help in getting the skin rid of acne, pimples, wrinkles, and dullness.
- HALASAN- This helps to improve your digestive system that is essential for healthy and glowing skin.
- UTTNANASANA- It increases oxygen supply to the skin cells.
- MATSYASANA- It is also called fish pose. This asana improves the functions of the thyroid, pituitary glands, pineal and normalizes the hormones.
- Kapalbhati and Anulom-Vilom are also useful.