Capillary hemangioma is the most common tumor in children. They typically arise at the early ages of 1-3 months; grow rapidly during a proliferative phase. The tumors may present as small isolated lesions. It normally begins at the cutaneous, subcutaneous and orbital lesions. Capillary hemangiomas are more common in females than in males.
We have discussed important points which include Ayurvedic aspects, causes, symptoms, risk factors, complications with some effective herbal remedies.
Introduction of Capillary Hemangioma
Hemangiomas occur when an additional blood vessel develops. Capillary hemangioma is also known as infantile hemangioma, strawberry hemangioma, and strawberry nevus. Capillary hemangioma is the most common benign vascular tumor of infants. It normally begins in the orbit and periorbital area in childhood. Sometimes it may occur in the skin, subcutaneous tissues and mucous membranes of oral cavities and lips as well as in the liver, spleen, and kidneys. While in some cases, the birthmark may be alarming in appear.
It tends to appear within the few weeks of infancy but in some cases, it takes a longer time to show because they are present deeper in the skin. The most rapid growth of superficial infantile hemangioma usually occurs between the ages of 1-3 months. These lesions most often don’t require any treatment if it is not complicated. They usually appear 80% of their total size by 3 months of age and most of them finish growing by the age of 5 months.
Ayurvedic Aspect of Capillary Hemangioma
Ayurveda is a traditional and ancient form of medicine. Ayurveda is a holistic approach to health. The goal of Ayurveda is to keep healthy people healthy and to help people get relief from disease. To achieve this goal Ayurveda believes in the balance of Mind, Body, and Soul. This balance is maintained by the balance of body Dosha, Dhatu, and Mala. Dosha is of 3 types Vata, Pitta, and Kapha each Dosha has its dominating factor-like Vata has Air, Pitta has Fire, and Kapha has water. The Balance between this Dosha maintains the health and imbalance between these Dosha cause various health problem.
According to Ayurveda cancer is related to Abruda and capillary hemangioma is related to Rakta Abruda. Vata Dosha is responsible for cell division. Due to an unhealthy lifestyle and eating Vata Dosha aggravated and suppression of Kapha Doshas or both the Doshas interacting with one another may result in the proliferation of cells. Growth at a specific part is known as Ekadesavriddhi is a part of abnormal cell division resulting in benign or malignant tumors. Acharya Susruta explained six stages of the pathogenesis of all diseases.
- Sanchaya (early stages)
- Prakopa (modification of primary growths into metastatic tumors)
- Prasara (metastasis)
- Sthana samsraya (complete metastasis and secondary growth)
- Vyakti (clinical signs and symptoms)
- Bheda (differentiation of growth is understood)
- Causes of capillary hemangioma:
- Causes for capillary hemangioma are not known.
Symptoms of Capillary Hemangioma
Hemangioma is present at the cutaneous, subcutaneous, or orbital lesion.
In Cutaneous Lesions:
- Mass is raised
- It appears nodular
- Color of this mass is bright red
In Orbital Lesions:
- Upper eyelid capillary hemangiomas can cause mechanical ptosis (drooping or falling of the upper eyelid)
- Anisometropic amblyopia (it occurs when unequal focus between the two eyes cause chronic blur) is the most common cause of visual impairment and results from direct pressure on the cornea by the thickened eyelid.
- Growing capillary hemangioma occludes the visual axis.
Risk Factors of Capillary Hemangioma
Capillary hemangioma is most often seen in women than in men.
Complications of Capillary Hemangioma
A hemangioma does not usually cause complications, but the following are some possible complications:
- Eye problems
- Bleeding: if a child with a capillary hemangioma has a minor scrape or cut it affects the skin close to where the mark is, it might cause bleeding.
- Ulceration: some ulcers can form. Ulcers can be painful, and a scar may remain after the hemangioma disappears. A hemangioma that presents on the lips can cause ulcers to form. These can take some time to the Introduction of capillary hemangioma to heal. An ulcer can disturb when feeding because it will be painful for a child. Putting some petroleum jelly on the baby’s bottle, on the nipples if the baby is breastfeeding, or on the lips, it may make it ease the discomfort.
- Problems in the Eye: if a hemangioma develops around the eye, it may put pressure on the eye and stop it from developing properly. There may be a risk of eye problems, such as glaucoma.
Diagnosis of Capillary Hemangioma
Hemangiomas usually shrink and disappear with age when the child is of 5-10 years old.
After ulcers are disappearing, they may leave:
- Small blood vessels
- A stretched skin showing wrinkling
- slight distortion in the skin
- An area of slightly lighter skin.
Herbal Remedies for Capillary Hemangioma by Planet Ayurveda
Planet Ayurveda believes in treating people according to the Ayurvedic principle. Herbal remedies are derived from natural herbs. These herbal remedies are 100% safe and are prepared according to the Ayurvedic principle. These herbal remedies work according to Dosha and help in getting relief from the disease. These remedies are free from chemicals and preservatives. These herbal remedies don’t cause any side effects on the body for Capillary hemangiomas, Planet Ayurveda provides herbal remedies for Capillary hemangioma, like Kachnaar guggul, Graviola Capsules, Boswellia curcumin Capsules, Nirgundi oil.
Herbal Remedies for Capillary Hemangioma
1. Kanchnaar Guggul Tablets
These tablets prepared with the blend of various herbs like Kachnar, Pippali, Black pepper, Ginger, etc. these all herbs work effectively on all kinds of tumors. Kanchnaar guggul tablets work effectively to balance the tridosha. It helps in detoxifying the whole system.
Dose: 1-2 tablets twice daily with lukewarm water after meals.
2. Graviola Capsules
These capsules are prepared by a standardized extract of herb Graviola (Annona muricata).This herb having various properties like Anti-inflammatory, anti-mutagenic, antispasmodic, anticonvulsant, anticancer, etc. it works effectively on tumors. It helps in boosting the immune system. It works effectively on capillary hemangiomas.
Dose: 1-2 Capsules once or twice a day with plain water after meals.
3. Boswellia Curcumin Capsules
These Capsules contain herbs Shallaki and Turmeric these both herbs contain anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, properties. Both herbs work effectively on the tumors, cancers. It helps in eliminating toxins from the body.
Dose: 1-2 Capsules twice daily with plain water after meals.
4. Nirgundi oil
Nirgundi oil is derived from the nirgundi herb. It contains anti-inflammatory and antibiotic properties.
Method: Apply Nirgundi oil with a cotton swab on the effective part.
Home Remedies of Capillary Hemangioma
1. Green Juice
coriander, mint, spinach, Basil, wheatgrass, long grass juice, Sheesham leaves, green grapes add all these ingredients in a blending jar and blend it then pour the juice in a glass without straining and drink it every day.
2. Red Juice
Beetroot, Apple, Pomegranate, Marigold flower petals, Rose petals, and Black or Red grapes add all this ingredient in a blending jar and blend it then pour this juice in the glass without straining and drink it every day.
3. Other Tips
- Use a high-factor sunscreen
- Keep the mark out of the sun
- Stop the area from drying out by avoiding soaps and using plain, protective creams.
4. If an Ulcer Forms
- Bath the area regularly with plain warm water and avoid rubbing it.
- Leave the ulcer to dry naturally before covering it with a non-sticky dressing.
Capillary hemangiomas are the most common benign vascular tumor of infants. Using herbal remedies by planet Ayurveda one can get relief from this disease.