Mostly twenty percent of the people have been suffering from a very common situation known as tinnitus. It is also known as the ringing of the ears. The sensation of ringing bells in the ears is always felt. For many people, this condition can get worsened with age.
The common cause of tinnitus is cell damage in the inner ear. In your inner ear, tiny and delicate hairs move in relation to sound waves. It triggers the cells to release an electrical signal through a nerve from the auditory nerve to the brain. When the hairs in the inner ear are broken, bent, they will leak random electrical impulses to the brain that causes tinnitus. Most of the other causes of tinnitus are chronic health issues, injuries, other ear problems, few conditions that affect the nerve in the ear or hearing center in the brain. Tinnitus can be present all the time, or it may come or go away.
The Signs and Symptoms of Tinnitus
Ringing, buzzing, clicking, humming, hissing, roaring, etc sounds you may hear in one or both ears. In a few cases, the sound is so loud that it can interfere with your concentration ability.
What are the Causes of Tinnitus?
There are many causes associated with this condition mentioned below in detail
- With the growing age of the sixties, the hearing gets worse. Hearing loss is called presbycusis that causes tinnitus.
- The blockage of ears due to earwax causes irritation of the eardrums, or hearing loss that can further lead to tinnitus.
- Exposure to loud noises is another reason for tinnitus.
- Tinnitus is the early indicator of Meniere’s disease (inner ear disorders).
- Head or neck injuries affect the inner ear that causes hearing loss. Further, it can lead to tinnitus.
- A problem with the temporomandibular joint can be a reason for tinnitus.
- Muscle spasm in the inner ear causes a feeling of fullness in the ear, hearing loss, and tinnitus.
- Vestibular schwannoma condition causes tinnitus.
Ayurvedic Point of View on Tinnitus
In Ayurveda tinnitus is known as karnanada in which Karna is ear and nada mean sound. When a patient feels unnatural sound, then it is known as karnakshweda. This both karnanada and karnakshwedais can be correlated to tinnitus.
कर्णशूलं प्रण ादश्च बधिरयं ष्वेड एव च। कर्णस्राव: कर्णकण्डू: कर्णवर्चस्तथैव च। (सू। उ २० /३)
कृमिकर्णप्रतिनाहौ विद्रधिद्विविधस्तथा। कर्णपाक: पूतिकर्णस्तथैवाशश्चतुवीरधर्म। (सू। उ २० /४)
कर्ण अर्बुदं सप्तविधं शोफश्चआपि चतुविर्ध: एते कर्णगता रोगा अष्टाविंशतिरीरिता (सू। उ २० /५)
This shloka of Sushruta represents the Krnagat roga and there types: Krnshool, krnnad, krnbadhirya, karnshveda, karnstrav, krnkandu, krnvrch,krmikarn, karnprtinah, dvividhkarnvidrdhi, karnpak, putikarn, chturvidh (vataj, pittaj, kaphaj, sannipataj), karnarsha, saptvidh (vata, pitta, kapha, rakta, mansa, meda, and sarwatkm), karnarbudh, chturvidh (vata, pitta, kapha, and sanipataj) karnshoph according to all these there are total twenty eight types of roga.
Vitiated Vata dosha enters in the ear that produces sound with different frequencies. That finally results in tinnitus.
शृणोतिशब्दानविविधानस्तदानर: प्रणआदमेनंकथयन्तिचामयम। (सू।उ२० /७)
This shloka represents the signs of Karnnad: When the Vata enters in the nerves, it causes Vata in the ear. Due to this Vata in the ear produce sounds in the human ear, which is known as Karnnada.
How Oil Pulling with Nirgundi Oil Helps in Tinnitus?
As oil pulling will help in opening the blocked areas of your ear that will try to get rid of the tinnitus condition. The ringing sounds will subside with the regular use of the oil pulling method. It will balance Vata dosha that is responsible for this problem. So, you can initially start with taking one teaspoonful of nirgundi oil in your mouth. Put this in your mouth for ten minutes after that spit it out. Slowly you can increase the dose of using oil. Planet Ayurveda offers nirgundi oil that is full of purity without added colors or preservatives. So, use this oil for oil pulling process. Nirgundi oil by Planet Ayurveda is prepared from herbs like Manjistha (Rubia cordifolia), Nirgundi (Vitex negundo), Kalihari (Gloriosa superba), and Haridra (Curcuma longa). These all ingredients are processed in Tila oil (Sesamum indicum). Now let’s discuss about all herbs in detail:
- Manjistha (Rubia cordifolia): The antioxidant property of this herb helps in detoxification of the body. This herb maintains proper blood flow and avoids injuries, therefore, helps in tinnitus.
- Nirgundi (Vitex negundo): Nirgundi herb balances the Vata dosha that is responsible for the tinnitus. It manages all signs and symptoms and treats the condition from the root cause.
- Kalihari (Gloriosa superba): This herb possesses anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that reduce inflammation in the ear in tinnitus condition.
- Haridra (Curcuma longa): It is the best herb that protects the ear from various infections. The antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, analgesic, etc properties reduce pain, inflammation, and other symptoms related to tinnitus.
- Tila oil (Sesamum indicum): This is the ancient oil that balances vata, regulates the nervous system, brain, ringing sounds, circulatory problem, or ear damage related to tinnitus. Tila oil is the best remedy as it relieves all signs and symptoms.
Along with Nirgundi oil Planet Ayurveda offers few medicines that give effective results in tinnitus like Ashwagandha capsules, Brahmi capsules, Shilajit capsules, and Yograj guggul. These medicines will give good results quickly.