Vitiligo is a kind of disease in which the pigment cells of the skin (melanocytes) are destroyed in certain areas of the skin. The symptoms of vitiligo include loss of skin color in the form of de-pigmented or white patches of skin on any part of the body. Vitiligo can be localized to a single area or it may have effects on several different areas of the body. The exact cause and the reason of vitiligo is still unknown, although experts believe that it is an autoimmune condition in which the body’s immune system mistakenly attacks and destroys certain cells within the body.
White patches on the skin are the main signs of vitiligo. These patches are more common in areas where the skin is exposed to the sun. These patches may be on the hands, feet, arms, face, and lips. Other common areas where these white patches can occur are:
- The armpits and groin
- Around the mouth
- Rectal areas.
People affected with vitiligo often have hair that turns grey early. Those people who have dark skin may notice a loss of color inside their mouths.
Papaya is a very delicious fruit and is beneficial for health as well. Papaya has also been shown to be very effective against vitiligo. We can use papaya to treat vitiligo, rub pieces of papaya on the patches of skin affected by vitiligo. Wash it when it becomes dry. Also, we can drink papaya juice regularly to replenish the body of melanin cells lost due to vitiligo.
- Red Clay
Red clay is very effective in the treatment of vitiligo. Red clay is very rich in copper content. You can add a tablespoon of ginger juice to two tablespoons of red clay. Apply the mixture to the white patches of the infected person every day. The ginger juice helps in increasing blood flow to the patches.
- Reduction of Stress
Feeling too much stress can be harmful to the body in any condition. Stress may not cause vitiligo, but when the stress is in excess it can lead to the growth of patches caused by vitiligo. One must take less stress in order to prevent vitiligo from worsening.
- Basil Leaves
Basil leaves do have anti-aging and anti-viral properties. The properties of basil are very important for dealing with vitiligo. One can mix basil leaves with lime juice that will stimulate the production of melanin on your skin. Apply this mixture of basil juice and lime juice to your skin everyday for better results against vitiligo.
- Drink Water from a Copper Vessel
Keeping our body always hydrated can help our body to be fit and stay away from diseases. One way to get rid of vitiligo is to drink water from a copper vessel. Drinking water stored in a copper vessel will surely help you to increase melanin in your body and reduce the whiteness of patches caused by vitiligo.
Walnuts are the dry fruits that have many positive health benefits. One of the benefits of walnuts is that they can treat the body against vitiligo. If you eat at least 5 walnuts everyday it can help you deal with vitiligo. And if you need better results, crush walnut powder and then add water to make a paste. Apply this paste to the affected areas of the skin for at least 3-4 times every day for about 15-20 minutes. This will surely help in the reduction of the white patches caused by vitiligo.
- Foods High in Zinc and Vitamin C
While suffering from vitiligo, it is extremely important to take a well-balanced diet. A balanced diet helps in boosting your immune system. Along with that please make sure to include zinc in your normal and regular diet. Amounts of zinc in the body are low with patients suffering from vitiligo. Zinc supplementation within the body will stimulate the healing process of the skin against vitiligo. Meat-based foods do contain high amounts of zinc. Along with zinc, Vitamin C is also important for the treatment of vitiligo. Deficiency of Vitamin C is common in many patients suffering from vitiligo. Citrus fruits including orange, lemons and grapefruits contain Vitamin C. Vitamin C is also in abundance in strawberries, kiwi, bell peppers and broccoli.
Turmeric is a very effective home remedy for vitiligo. Turmeric along with mustard oil can stimulate the melanin production in the skin. One can apply a mixture of turmeric powder and mustard oil for 20 minutes to the affected area. Do it twice a day for positive results.
According to Ayurveda, Vitiligo or Shwitra is caused due to aggravated Pitta dosha in the body. Pitta is an Ayurvedic term that symbolizes fire and is present in the skin, along with other organs. Pitta is of five types. One of them is Bhrajak Pitta, which is responsible for the coloration to the skin. Vitiligo is a disease which is caused when Bhrajak Pitta gets imbalanced, leading to the formation of ama, which consequently impairs deeper body tissues such as rasa dhatu (nutrient plasma), rakta (blood), mamsa (muscles) and lasika (lymph). This ultimately causes de-pigmentation of the skin. This disease is deep-rooted and needs a specific treatment that includes specific diet and specialized herbal combinations to pacify Pitta and cleanse ama from the body.
We at Planet Ayurveda have medicines which have instant results and very helpful in treating Vitiligo. Planet Ayurveda has its own production unit where the medicinal powders are prepared under medical supervision and guidance of renowned and famous doctors- Dr. Vikram Chauhan and Dr. Meenakshi Chauhan.
Herbal Remedies for Vitiligo by Planet Ayurveda
Planet Ayurveda offers natural remedies that are prepared using the best quality herbs and strictly follow the principles of Ayurveda. These remedies include:
- Radiant Skin Hair Nails Formula
- Navkarshik Churna
- Aloe Vitals
- Tea Tree Aloe Vera Premium Handmade Bathing Bar
- Jatyadi Oil
- Babchi Oil
1. Radiant Skin Hair Nails Formula: These capsules by Planet Ayurveda contain the standardized extracts of natural herbs that are useful in the treatment of all types of skin disorders including vitiligo. These herbs naturally treat vitiligo without causing any side effects.
Ingredients of Radiant Skin Hair Nails Formula are
|Sr. No.||Botanical Name||Indian Name||Quantity|
|1.||Rubia cordifolia||Manjishtha||200 mg|
|2.||Fumaria officinalis||Pit papda||100 mg|
|3.||Swertia chiretta||Chirata||100 mg|
|4.||Aloe barbadensis||Ghrit Kumari||100 mg|
Dose: 1 capsule twice daily with plain water after taking meals.
2. Navkarshik Churna: Planet Ayurveda’s Navkarshik Churna is a blend of dried extracts of herbs that are known to remove toxins within the system. These herbs act as a natural blood detoxifier and help to improve immunity as well. This churna works well in all skin conditions including vitiligo. Ingredients of Navkarshik Churna are: Amla (Emblica officinalis), Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Bahera (Terminalia bellerica), Vacha (Acorus calamus), Neem (Azadirachta indica), Manjishtha (Rubia cordifolia), Katuki (Picrorrhiza kurroa), Giloy (Tinospora cordifolia) and Daruhaldi (Berberis aristata).
Dose: One teaspoonful twice daily with plain water after taking meals.
3. Aloe Vitals: Aloe Vitals capsules of Planet Ayurveda are prepared using the standardized extract of the herb Aloe barbadensis. This is commonly known as Ghrit Kumari. This herb is beneficial for the skin as it is rich in vitamins and minerals and also improves immunity.
Dose: One capsule twice a day with plain water after taking meals.
4. Tea Tree Aloe Vera Premium Handmade Bathing Bar: This bathing bar by Planet Ayurveda is prepared using the natural ingredients and does not contain any harsh chemicals. Being prepared from natural ingredients, it has anti-oxidant properties. This soap is soothing to the skin and can be used daily for better results.
5. Jatyadi Oil: Planet Ayurveda’s Jatyadi Oil contains natural ingredients such as chameli patra, neem patra, yashtimadhu, haldi, daruhaldi, haritaki, lodhra, til oil, etc. All these ingredients are good for the skin and useful in skin conditions such as wounds, blisters, external hemorrhoids, anal fissure, etc.
How to use: For local application. Apply once or twice daily on the affected area.
6. Babchi Oil: The main ingredient of Planet Ayurveda’s Babchi Oil is Posralea corylifolia. The common name of this herb is ‘Kushthghan’. As the name suggests, this herb is effective in the treatment of kushthroga (skin diseases) and vitiligo. This plant is a natural blood purifier, boosts the immune system and detoxifies the blood.
How to use: For local application only. Apply on the affected areas once or twice a day.
If you are suffering from Vitiligo, you can follow the above-mentioned home remedies and along with that if you take the Ayurvedic medicines of Planet Ayurveda you can surely get rid of this disease and can have clear and radiant skin.