In this shloka, symptoms of weak immunity are explained. The symptoms are
- Dislocation of body parts and vitiation of vata dosha in the bodywhich causes pain
- Alteration of physical as well as mental conditions
- Inflammation which is caused due to vitiated vata dosha
- Unable to move the body parts
- Skin discoloration
- Stiffness &heaviness of body
- Mental fatigue
- Sleeping difficulty or any sleeping disorder
- Shortening of muscles
- Shouting or faintness
- General weakness
- Can lead to death in severe conditions
(Reference: Sushrutasamhita (Sutra Sthan) Chapter no-15 and shloka no-29)
As Per Ayurveda Aspect
According to the Ayurvedic system of medicine, this disease is caused due to the oajkashaya (weak immunity) with the vitiation of Vata, Pitta and Kapha Dosha. When these doshas get accumulated in the body channels and block them which causes the lack of nourishment in the body tissues (rasa, rakta, meda, and other dhatus) that ultimately lead to the oajkashaya.
As Per Modern Aspect
Wegener granulomatosis is a rare multisystem autoimmune disorder which has an unknown etiology. An autoimmune disorder occurs when the body’s immune system destroys the healthy tissues of the body. In this condition, there is an inflammation within the tissues of the body called granulomatous inflammation and there is also inflammation in the blood vessels called vasculitis which can damage the organ systems of the body. The most commonly affected organs are lungs, kidneys, ears, sinuses but it can affect any site.
It can occur in both sexes, with a slight predominance in males. It typically occurs in middle-aged people but can be found in all ages.
What are the Causes of Wegener Granulomatosis?
The main cause of Wegener granulomatosis is unknown. This is not cancer and is not contagious and not usually occurs within the families (no genetic cause). Many researchers have stated that only the immune system plays an important role because the weak immune system causes the blood vessels and tissues inflamed and their damage.
What are the Symptoms of Wegener Granulomatosis?
The symptoms may develop suddenly or may take over several months. It usually involves the throat, lungs or sinus. This condition often worsens rapidly and affects the blood vessels and other organs such as kidneys.
Symptoms according to the severity may vary among the patients. General symptoms may include
- Weight loss
- Loss of appetite
Many patients notice some symptoms in the respiratory tract which may include
- Persistent running nose or the formation of nasal crusts and sores
- Nasal pain
- Facial pain
- Bleeding from nose or unusual watery discharge from the nose which is caused by inflammation of nose or sinuses
- Cough that might include bloody phlegm which is caused by upper airway or lower airway (lung) inflammation
- Chest discomfort with or without Breathlessness (shortness of breath)
- Inflammation in the middle part of the ear (also called otitis media) and pain or even hearing loss
- Voice changes, a wheezing sound which is caused by inflammation of the trachea
Other possible features may include
- Inflammation or pressure behind the eyes that makes eye movement difficult, with or without loss of vision or blurring vision
- Joint pain (arthritis)
- Muscles pain
- Rashes over the skin or skin sores
- Inflammation in the kidneys (although kidney inflammation is the most common symptom, this symptom is not usually associated with other symptoms, such as pain)
Natural Treatment for Wegener Granulomatosis
Planet Ayurveda offers effective herbal formulations such as Wegener granulomatous care pack for the treatment of Wegener granulomatous. These herbal formulations are natural, 100% pure and are free from preservatives, fillers, additives, and no colors are added. These are easy to use and have no side effects.
In the Acute stage of Wegener granulomatosis planet, Ayurveda offers WG care pack which contains
- Arjuna capsules: 2 capsules two times in a day after meals with plain water.
- Pitta balance: 1 capsule two times a day after the intake of food with plain water.
- Gotu kola capsules: 2 capsules two times in a day after meals with plain water.
- Moringa capsules: 2 capsules two times in a day after meals with plain water.
- Coolstrin B: 2 capsules two times in a day after meals with plain water.
- Boswellia curcumin: 2 capsules two times in a day after meals with plain water.
In the Advanced Stage
- Boswellia Burcumin:
Boswellia curcumin is abundant in benefits such as it reduces the body’s inflammation and treats conditions such as, osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis, Wegener granulomatous, etc. These capsules act as a pain killer and inhibit the damage of cartilages. The herbs present in it increase the circulation to the joints and promote the overall health of the body. These capsules prevent the body from infections such as cough, watery discharge from the nose, nose bleeding, etc.
Dosage: 1 capsule two times a day with water after the intake of food.
- Punarnava Capsules:
Punarnava possesses cooling and astringent properties and balances all the three doshas of the body such as Vata, Pitta, and Kapha. This herb acts as rejuvenative and treats the urinary tract infections such as blood in urine, burning micturition, frequent urination, etc. These capsules reduce the excessive fluids in the body thus reduces the inflammation and pain in various parts of the body.
Dosage: 2 capsules two times a day after the intake of food with plain water.
- Vasaka Capsules:
Vasaka is a potent anti-microbial herb that kills the microbes and has many cooling properties also. The active extract present in these capsules is vasicine which has many medicinal properties such as hepato-protective, antiulcer and anti-oxidant. These capsules also control the fever which is caused due to the imbalance of pitta dosha in the body (pittaj jawar) and other related complications. This herb has its own popularity due to its major actions on the respiratory system such as common cold, cough, running nose, watery discharge from nose and other symptoms related to Wegener granulomatous.
Dosage: 1 capsule two times a day after meals with water.
- Kaishore Guggul:
Kaishore guggul is an effective herbal formulation which is helpful in alleviating the pitta dosha in the body that causes pain as well as inflammation. This herbal formulation contains natural blood purifying herbs like giloy which works as a great natural remedy to detox. It contains herbs like haritaki, long pepper, bibhitaki, guggul Amalaki, ginger, Guduchi, vidanga, etc. all of these herbs are helpful in eliminating the toxins from the body. It shows best results in the Wegener granulomatous, lymphatic congestion and calcification of neck, shoulders, and vertebrae.
Dosage: 2 tablets two times a day with plain water after meals.
- Mutrakrichantak Churna:
Mutrakrichantak Churna contains a mixture of unique herbs which is meant for maintaining the health of the kidneys and normalizes its functioning. It is the best formulation which can avoid dialysis and its preparation is mentioned in Ayurveda texts. Herbs present in it are gokshur, kaasni, Varuna, Shirish, apamarg, shigru, punarnava, and bhumi amla. All these herbs relieve the urinary tract infections and balance the levels of urea, creatinine and uric acid in the blood.
Dosage: 1 tsp two times a day with plain water after meals.
- Praanrakshak Churna:
Praanrakshak churna is an effective Ayurvedic formulation used in treatingconditions such as respiratory tract infections, asthma, and chronic bronchitis. This formulation contains several herbs such as Vaasa, mulethi, bharangi, dalchini, anantmoola, Shirish, etc. All these herbs work together in a synergistic manner and treat symptoms related to Wegener granulomatosis. These capsules break the mucus plugs and useful in cough, bleeding while coughing and heals the inflamed respiratory tract.
Dosage: 1 tsp twice a day with plain water after meals.