Think of attention, what comes to your mind?. Somewhere in our life, we all need attention whether it’s from our parents or from our partner. Attention from the other person gives us assurity that the other partner or parent cares for us. It makes us feel loved and special and each person reacts to it differently. Especially for children, it’s important to give them proper attention and care all the time because it’s the time when they develop both mentally and physically as well. In a modern time when both partners are working, they can give attention to their kids or each other. Both Adults and Children take it in a negative way resulting in an attention disorder known as ADHD. Through this article, we are going to discuss ADHD more in detail and its effects on both generations.
What is ADHD?
It is a mental health disorder better known as Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. It is a chronic condition that affects millions of people including both children and adults. It includes the combination of hyperactivity, impulsive behavior with sustaining attention.
- Childhood ADHD:- Almost 3 to 7 percent of people experience ADHD since their childhood. This leads to poor concentration, getting easily irritated and other daily routines getting disturbed.
- Adult ADHD:- It is basically childhood ADHD which has continued to adult life. This Causes low self-confidence, unstable relationships and other problems.
Types of ADHD
There are three different types which includes:-
- Predominantly inattentive:- This is the type of ADHD which causes extreme difficulty in finishing tasks, difficulty in focusing along with other normal instruction. This type is very commonly noted in girls between the ages of 5 to 17 years.
- Predominantly hyperactive impulsive type:- In this type it mostly shows impulsive and hyperactive behavior and this makes them impatient. This includes disturbing other people in between the conversation and is not able to wait for their turn, they want everything to be fast.
- Combined hyperactive-impulsive and inattentive type:- It is one of the most common types of ADHD which is a combination of both hyperactive and inattentive symptoms. This results in inability to pay attention, impulsiveness and abnormal levels of energy.
Signs and Symptoms of ADHD
The signs may differ from patient to patient, this includes:-
Hyperactivity and Impulsivity
- They continuously tap their feet’s or hand or squirm on the seat
- Constantly moving from here to there
- Difficulty staying seated at one place in the classroom.
- Trouble doing activities quietly
- Interrupting in between the conversation
- Cannot wait for anything, becomes impatient very easily.
- Children show common pattern like:-
- Trouble in focusing on tasks or playing.
- Does not wants to listen anyone
- Finds it difficult to follow instruction or do homework.
- Easily gets distracted.
- Loses item very easily like toys, pencils etc
- Avoid tasks that need mental effort.
Children often struggle in school leading to judgment by other people and failure in academia. Low self-confidence and difficulty in talking with people. Children with ADHD get injured very easily as compared to others.
Other disorders which can be caused by ADHD includes:-
- Conduct disorder:- This leads to antisocial behavior resulting in stealing, destroying, fighting and hurting people.
- Learning disability:- This includes difficulty in writing, reading, communicating and understanding.
- Anxiety disorder:- This disorder results in nervousness and overwhelming emotions. This may also include OCD (Obsessive compulsive disorder)
Mood disorders:- Like bipolar disorder or depression along with manic behavior.
- Tourette syndrome:- This includes the repetitive movements of the body also known as tics and can not be controlled easily.
Causes for ADHD
The exact cause for this psychological disorder is still not but there are few risk factor which lead to development of ADHD later or early stages in life:-
- Hereditary:- where blood relatives like siblings or parents suffer from ADHD or other mental health disorders. These people fall in a higher category to suffer from ADHD.
- Getting exposed to harmful toxins like lead very commonly found in old pipelines and in paints.
- Uses of drugs during the time of pregnancy like smoking or alcohol.
- Premature birth.
Diagnosis for ADHD
The symptoms generally start showing up before the age of 12 and it’s important to note the changes in behavior. The examinations that can be done are:-
- Medical examination:- It is to rule out other symptoms or if someone in their family is affected with mental health problems.
- Questionnaires:- From both the parent and the child to know their behavior better.
- ADHD rating scales:- It is done by collecting information about the child.
- ADHD criteria from the diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorder
Treatment for ADHD
According to Allopaths, they will provide you with psychostimulants (stimulant drugs) like amphetamines and methylphenidates which helps balance the levels of chemicals present in the brain. These stimulants are mostly short acting and it is not proper treatment for this mental disorder. These medications increase the risk of developing heart problems and other psychiatric problems.
According to Ayurveda ADHD is considered as Unmada. Umamda is known as the behavioral and psychiatric disorders, Apasmara where Unmada is a disease affecting the mind, consciousness, intellectual and knowledge of the person. It occurs in weak minded people resulting in violation of all the three dosha (tridosha). The etiological factors which are responsible for mental health disorders are irregular diet or consumption of unhygienic food. It is also said that inappropriate physical activity by a weak person, emotional instability, irritability, grief is also one of the causes for psychological disturbance. In these people the SatvaGuna (quality of mind) is decreased which is caused by tridosha.
Ayurveda gives medications on the basis of physical as well as psychological symptoms. Through herbal remedies one can manage ADHD and other mental health disorders naturally.
Herbal Medicine Provides By Planet Ayurveda For ADHD
Planet Ayurveda provides herbal medicine which is 100 percent natural and vegetarian. All the herbal medicines are made under the supervision of an MD Ayurveda Doctor, free from all kinds of chemicals, preservatives and additives. Each and every medicine are clinically tested making them safe to use and free from side effects. These are the list of medicine which will help you to treat ADHD:-
1. Brahmi Capsules
It is made from a single herb called Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri) and is proven best for enhancing mental health. It helps in improving the coordination between brain neurons and helps in increasing concentration. It helps in regeneration of cells present in the brain. It is also useful in ailments like stress, anxiety and blood pressure.
Dosage:- One capsule twice daily for child and two capsules twice daily with water after meals.
2. Memory Support
It is formulated with herbs like Vacha (Acorus calamus), Licorice (Glycyrrhiza glabra), Shankhpushpi (Convolvulus pluricaulis) and many more. It is one of the best herbal supplements to enhance memory and relieve mental stress. It helps in giving new life’s to dying brain cells and is also very useful in hallucination.
Dosage:- One tablet twice daily after meals with plain water.
3. Neuro Plan Syrup
It is the formulation of herbs like Pippali (Piper longum), Maricha (Piper nigrum), sonth (Zingiber officinale) etc. Consumption of the syrup helps in removing restlessness, anxiety, insomnia, depression and sadness. This has proven best for balancing the dosha and giving strength to the nervous system. It proves best for ADHD disorders and other mental health disorders.
Dosage:- Half teaspoonful’s twice daily in children and two teaspoonful twice daily in Adults.
4. Kumar Kalyan Ras
It is made from herbal minerals like Abhrak bhasma, Swarna bhasma, Makshika bhasma, Loha bhasma etc. It is helpful in boosting the function of the brain and its neurons.
Dosage:- One tablet once daily with milk only for children.
5. Gotu Kola Capsules
It is a single herb medicine called Gotu kola (Centella asiatica) and this herb has been used for ages. This helps in boosting concentration and memory . It is full of nutrients like Vitamin A, B, E and magnesium proving good for ADHD.
Dosage:- One capsule twice daily with water after meals only for adults.
6. Medhya Churna
It is the combination of herbs like Krishna jeeraka (Carum carvi), Shwet jeerak (Cuminum cyminum), Vacha (Acorus calamus) and many more. This helps in improving the retaining power and also reducing ailments like confused mind, cloudy thought etc.
Dosage:- 1/4 teaspoon once daily with 1 spoon of Cow Ghee (Clarified Butter).
Contact Planet Ayurveda to provide you the costing / ordering and delivery information at – email@example.com or call at +91-172-5214030 Or Check Website – www.PlanetAyurveda.com
Some Healthy Tips
- Show some love and affection to the child
- Improve your self-esteem and try to be confidence
- Try to make schedules for your eating time, sleeping time etc
- Meditate daily to calm your mind
- Try to interact with people more
- Discuss problems with your closed ones
Above mentioned article gives all the information about ADHD and its effect on the life of a person. Along with physical health it’s important to maintain mental health. Planet Ayurveda provides their herbal medicine which will help in improving the mental health and circulation of brain neurons.