Pregnancy is something that requires normalcy in all forms. If a woman is healthy, by healthy we mean a sound state of good mental and physical fitness then she conceives easily and gives birth to a healthy child. As per ayurveda when there is a balance between kshetra (undamaged genital tract) and beej (good quality sperm and ovum) then a lady will attain healthy pregnancy. Age plays a crucial role in this, after the age of 35 years a lady faces great problems in conceiving. So let’s start discussing what are the complications associated with pregnancy after the age of 35 years.
As we get older we are more likely to suffer from certain health conditions that can give rise to rigorous complications before and during the complete time period of pregnancy. According to Ayurveda embryo is originated by the aggregation of undamaged sperm and ovum in women having active genital tract with healthy uterus during ritukala (menstrual cycle). It grows with the utilisation of suitable nourishment and proper management during antenatal care.
Lord atreya said that embryos are produced by matrija (mother), pitrij (father), atmaj (self), satmya (suitability) and rasaj (nutrition), all these five factors play crucial roles in attaining healthy pregnancy.Ayurveda believes that the human body is composed of five mahabhutas [akash (sky), vayu (air), agni (fire), jal (water) and prithvi (mother earth)]. The Sources of these mahabhutas are said to be mother, father, rasa and atma. Atma is always associated with ‘satwa’ (heart). The normalcy of shonita (ovum) and shukra (sperms) of mother and father depends upon the use of ‘satmya’ (wholesome and suitable diet).
Common complaints a lady notice after 35 years of age
As we all know, women are born with set numbers of eggs. Every woman releases an egg during the menstrual cycle. Menstrual cycle is started at the age of 12-14 years known as “menarche”. According to ayurveda we call it ‘rajo darshan”. After the age of 45 to 50 years there comes a phase of “menopause” (atrav nivriti) after that a lady has natural decline in reproductive hormones and has decrease in reproductive power. So as the woman gets older, she has fewer and fewer eggs and they don’t contain proper fertility capacity. So age plays a crucial role attaining pregnancy.
Common ailments that make it hard to get pregnant
- Diabetes mellitus.
- Malabsorption complaints.
Pregnancy in late 30s is known as high risk pregnancy due to following reasons
- Preeclampsia- When you have high blood pressure and protein in urine that makes it difficult to conceive.
- Gestational diabetes- Presence of high blood glucose and sugar level during pregnancy.
- Easy miscarriage and abortion-Garbhasrava evum garbhapata
- Stillbirth- It means death of the baby before or during the process of delivery.
- Genetic deformities- Even if a lady gave birth to a child during late 30s of her age, there is a chance that an unborn fetus will develop certain genetic deformities.
To overcome these above risk factors it is very important to start engaging yourself in
- Do exercise on a regular basis- It will help you in burning extra calories and unhealthy dietary fats. So perform exercises that include yogic asana daily in the morning for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Ayurveda tells us about use of “garbhastha pak bahava” and certain other beneficial tips that will help you in combating ailments associated with high risk pregnancy
- A tampon soaked with the paste of madhuyashti and ghrita should be placed in vagina.
- Properly cooled cow’s milk or decoction of madhuyashti or decoction of nyarodhadi group should be poured over the umbilical region and abdomen of the lady.
- Repeated massage of lakshadi oil is advised as it is a good nourishing agent.
- Milk either medicated with jivaniya group of herbs or mixed with paste of sali rice should be prescribed.
So it is very important to raise our knowledge on the topic of risk associated with pregnancy after the age of 35 years. Ayurveda offers various herbal remedies that have been proven very useful in dealing with this condition. Planet Ayurveda is a leading name in the field of ayurveda. They have been offering their services to the whole of mankind for many years. Some of their herbal formulations that will help you in achieving healthy pregnancy are as below
Popular herbal formulations of planet ayurveda are
- Shatavari capsules
- Chandraprabha vati
This capsule contains a pure form of spirulina (Spirulina platensis). It is a rich source of various healthy micro and macro nutrients. It also contains a rich amount of antioxidants so helps in excreting harmful free radicals from the body. It also has anti-cancerous properties so helps in maintaining the overall strength and stamina of a female.
Dosage: 1-2 capsules two times in a day with plain water.
2. Shatavari capsule
This capsule contains pure and standardized extract of shatavari (Asparagus racemosus). This herb is very effective in female reproductive tract related problems such as menstrual cycle variations amenorrhea (no menses), dysmenorrhea (painful menses). It helps in maintaining good fertility power in females.
Dosage: 1-2 capsules twice daily with plain water or milk after meals.
3. Chandraprabha Vati
This herbal formulation helps in maintaining normal level of kapha and vata dosha due to the principle potency of herbs present in this formulation. It works very well in problems associated with abnormal functioning or decreased functioning of the female reproductive system so this will help in maintaining overall strength in female patients as these ailments occur due to imbalance of tridosha (vata,pitta and kapha). It contains herbs such as
- shilajit (Asphaltum)
- guggul (Commiphora mukul)
- haridra (Curcuma longa)
- amalaki (Emblica officinalis) etc.
Dosage: 2 tablets twice daily with plain water after meals.
This herbal solution contains stem bark of ashoka (Saraca asoca) along with that it contain
- dhataki (Woodfordia fruticosa)
- haritaki (Terminali chebula)
- sunthi (Zingiber officinale)
- amalaki (Emblica officinalis)
- vasa (Adhatoda vasica)
- darvi (Berberis aristata) etc.
This herbal solution is formed through fermentation method and is very effective in female reproductive health problem as it contains ashoka which possesses very good cooling property and helps in menstrual problems as it is consider that these ailments arises due to presence of vitiated pitta dosha so this herbal formulation works really well in providing strength to her body. Other herbs also have great tridosha’s balance property.
Dosage: 2 teaspoon of this solution with equal amounts of water to be taken after the meal.
Now we can conclude that yes pregnancy after the age of 35 years is associated with various risk factors, but with ayurveda we can surely manage the condition very well. As Ayurveda teaches us about the ideal way of living, if a lady in her 30s follows these herbal tips properly she will surely attain a healthy pregnancy and give birth to a healthy child. Herbal remedies of planet ayurveda are very efficacious in providing plenty of health benefits to a lady. You can directly visit them to clear your doubts or acn send your queries on their official email.id email@example.com