Joint pain is nowadays a common problem which we can see even in elderly individuals. It has become a growing lifestyle disease. So we should follow a healthy diet and lifestyle and keep ourselves fit and healthy. This article summaries an introduction about joint pain, its causes according to Ayurveda, symptoms, diagnosis, ayurvedic treatment, some home remedies and also lifestyle tips which will help in curing joint pain.
Joint pain is the feeling of pain or discomfort that may arise in one of more than one of your joints. It can be also termed as Arthralgia. Joint pain can be associated without inflammation. One may experience joint pain only with the activity which can be ruled out as mechanical problem or one may experience joint pain at rest or one may experience joint pain due to fluid accumulated in it. According to Ayurveda, we can correlate it as “Sandhishool”. Sandhishool is mainly due to aggravation of tridosha but predominance of vata dosha. Sandishoola is a symptom which can be found in joint disorders like Aamvata (Rheumatoid arthritis), Vata rakta (Gout), Sandhivata (Osteoarthritis etc.), Let’s discuss it in detail.
The common causes of joint pain are the degeneration due to age, nutritional deficiency, genetic causes, other metabolic conditions which include DM, Obesity. According to principles of Ayurveda the involvement of morbid or contaminated doshas (Vata, Pitta, Kapha) either individually or in combination is mandatory in the causation of any disease. Joint pain is no exception. The contaminated Vata gets lodged in the weaker dhatus (tissues),especially bones, muscles, and bony joints, soft tissues like tendons, ligaments, joint capsule, etc. and cause arthritis. The damage and consequent changes in the weak tissues cause signs and symptoms of arthritis.
Ama- Improperly processed digestive juices in circulation will neither be recognized by the cells as nutrition nor will further be metabolized by the cells is called as ama. When ama is not processed by the cells, ama blocks and clogs the channels of circulation and nutrition due to its sticky nature. The Ama further accumulated in the cells and disturb tissue metabolism and also hampers tissue formation thus causing joint pain.
Associated symptoms are as follows
- Swelling around the joints (Sandhishotha)
- Stiffness (Sandhisthabdhata)
- Redness (Aaraktavarnata)
- Decreased range of motion (Kriyakashtata)
To find out the cause of joint pain, certain blood tests need to be carried out like CBC, ESR, RA factor etc. In some cases , Imaging can be done like X Rays, CT scan, MRI, Ultrasound.
Herbal Treatment For Joint Pain By Planet Ayurveda
The main aim of ayurvedic treatment is to eliminate the root cause of the disease and to provide permanent relief from the symptoms. Planet Ayurveda is a trusted and renowned organization offering herbal products all over the world. Their products are 100 percent pure and prepared using ancient time tested formulas. They are totally safe and devoid of any kind of chemical, additive, preservatives and binders. One of the most effective products for managing joint pain is as follows:
Joint Support Pack
The following medicines are included in this pack:-
- Bone Support
- Boswellia Curcumin
- Yograj Guggul
- Coral Calcium Complex
1. Bone Support
We can find the natural calcium extract from bone support capsule as it contains extracts of natural herbs like Sahijan (Moringa oleifera)-Anti arthritic and anti-Inflammatory, Asthi Shrinkhala (Cissus quadrangularis)-Promotes bone growth, antioxidant, analgesic, Praval Pishti (Collarium rubrum)- It contains coral calcium which is beneficial for proper functioning and growth of the bone. Arjuna (Terminaliaarjuna)-Due to its antioxidant properties, it is a bone support. Shudh Laksha (Laccifer lacca)- Anti-arthritic, anti-inflammatory. These all herbs are used for promoting growth of the bone and strengthen the Bones and joints which are affected.
Dosage: 1 Capsule twice daily with lukewarm water, after meals
2. Boswellia Curcumin
Boswellia curcumin is prepared using Shallaki (Boswellia serrata) and Haridra (Curcuma longa). These two herbs in combination work very well and alleviate all the associated symptoms occurring due to joint disorders. Haridra in this formulation is known as queen of herbs and has been used since ages to recover all illnesses. It possesses anti inflammatory, antipyretic, antimicrobial, immune boosting and ama detoxifying properties.
Dosage: One capsule two times a day, after meals.
3. Yograj Guggul
Yograj guggul is classical ayurvedic medicines in tablet form prepared using Guggul (commiphora mukul), triphala (three myrobalans), Chitrak (Plumbago zeylanica), Yavani (Trachyspermum ammi) and lots of other herbs. As the prime ingredient of this formulation is guggul so it has a wonderful effect in joint disorders. It also increases digestive power, immunity and aids in strengthening the immunity. This formulation is widely used in RA,OA, gout and various other vataj and joint related issues.
Dosage: One to two tablets two or three times a day.
4. Coral Calcium Complex
As the name suggests this capsule is a complex mixture of various herbal drugs like Praval pishti (Collarium rubrum)-It contains coral calcium which is required for proper functioning of the bones and joints. Giloy Satva (Tinospora cordifolia)-It suppresses arthritic inflammation thus reducing joint pain, Mukta pishti (Pearl calcium)-It helps to absorb calcium and improves bone mineral density which helps in strengthening the bones and associated structures thus preventing them from degeneration.
Dosage: 1 Capsule twice daily with lukewarm water, after meals.
Ayurvedic Home Remedies
- Castor oil– Castor oil contains anti-inflammatory compounds which treats inflammation. It can be used as lukewarm and can gently be massaged on affected joints.
- Carom seeds– Carom seeds help to naturally reduce arthritis pain due to the presence Of anti-inflammatory components and anaesthetic properties. Add some Carom seeds in the hot water and insert your painful joints in it for 10 Minutes.
- Ginger– Ginger is known for exceptional antiseptic properties that help reduce joint Pain and swelling. It is also known to increase blood circulation. Boil a cup of water, add some pieces of chopped ginger in it, Boil it for 15 Minutes and then strain and add honey and then it can be consumed.
- Turmeric– Turmeric paste can be made along with mustard oil and can be applied on the affected painful area. One full glass of warm milk can be consumed twice a day to get rid of joint pain.
- Bathua leaves– It is one of the best remedies for joint pain. It can be used by collecting the leaves extract and consuming it on an empty stomach daily in the morning.
- Garlic– It is used in joint pain due to its anti-inflammatory properties. Eat two cloves of garlic daily or it can be consumed in your daily meals.
- Stay active and keep fit- Physical exercise may reduce arthritis pain.
- Rest when you need to- When your joints feel painful or swollen or stiff, take some time to rest and conserve your energy.
- Eat Healthy diet- Though there is no specific anti-inflammatory diet to follow, Diet rich in fruits and vegetables may help reduce inflammation.
- Maintaining a healthy weight- Weight loss may help reduce pressure on joints and erase pain.
- Meditate- Chronic pain can get relieved by meditation, It can also improve quality of life and functional status.
- Getting a massage- 60 minutes of massage once a week helped to ease joint pain.
It concludes that Ayurvedic treatment is the best treatment which not only reduces its symptoms but cures the disease from its root, So say no to immuno suppressants and choose Planet Ayurveda for Joint pain. In case of any query kindly visit www.PlanetAyurveda.com. For more queries, you can send your queries to our email id firstname.lastname@example.org.