Testicular microlithiasis is a rare condition in which there occurs deposition of the multiple tiny calcified particles in both the testes. These calcium deposits mainly occur in the seminiferous tubules of the testes. This unusual ailment is usually diagnosed during a testicular ultrasound. Testicular microlithiasis is a non progressive and asymptomatic condition and not usually connected with the testicular cancer, especially in the asymptomatic patients. Testicular germ cell tumor is also out of risk factors of the Testicular microlithiasis. In this detailed article we will be learning all about the Testicular microlithiasis along with the causes, signs and symptoms, diagnosis and herbal management by the herbal remedies offered by Planet Ayurveda.
Testicular microlithiasis is an unusual disease of the testes which is only diagnosed through the testicular ultrasound. It is relatively not dangerous and not associated with any life threatening condition until asymptomatic but if there are certain signs and symptoms present, the management should be vigorous. The tiny calcifications are found in both the testes subsequently in Testicular microlithiasis. However the diagnosis of this disease has usually been in conflicts and the most famous criteria which come out to be true in many of the cases is the presence of five tiny calcifications in both or one testicle. But as already said these diagnosis criteria have been varied over the time.
The exact cause of the Testicular microlithiasis is not known however there are certain factors which are found to be associated with it. Some of the major associating factors are:
- Testicular cancer (In very less cases)
- Intraepithelial germ cell neoplasia
Testicular microlithiasis can be of two types, Classical testicular microlithiasis and Limited testicular microlithiasis. The classic one often present with five mircocalcifications in one or both the testes while in limited type there is seen echogenic foci, may be one or two.
Signs And Symptoms
Usually the Testicular microlithiasis is an asymptomatic condition and is accidently diagnosed while testing for some other ailment. But the other associated diseases can result in signs and symptoms like if Testicular microlithiasis is associated with Testicular cancer then the signs and symptoms will be:
- Lump on the testicle which is painless and usually vary in size
- Lump is persistent on testicle and do not go away
- Aching or heavy feeling the scrotum or lower abdomen
- Pain in the testes
- Swollen testicle
- Lymph nodes of the neck or abdomen are enlarged
The one and the most accurate mode of diagnosing the Testicular microlithiasis is Testicular ultrasound which shows the presence of micro calcifications in one or both the testicles. On the basis of appearance of the images in the ultrasound there can be three outcomes:
- Presence of less than 5 tiny calcifications is the case of limited Testicular microlithiasis
- Presence of 5 or more micro calcifications is a case of Classic Testicular microlithiasis
- Presence of many micro calcifications is a case of diffuse Testicular microlithiasis
In general no exact treatment is found yet for the Testicular microlithiasis and it is just suggested to be monitored if the patient is asymptomatic and no other associating condition is present. However Ayurveda can help in management of the condition naturally with the help of herbs and natural methods. There are certain herbs present in the nature which helps in clearing these micro calcifications and prevent their further formation. These herbs also do help in preventing any associated diseases if diagnosed early.
Herbal Remedies by Planet Ayurveda
Planet Ayurveda is the herbal company which indulges in the production of the herbo-mineral formulations which helps in treating and managing various health conditions. All the herbal products, supplements and medicines produced here are free from all kind of chemicals, additives, preservatives, dye, fillers, colors and yeast. These are purely herbal, natural and vegetarian. All these things make these herbal medicines more effective and safe for the people to use. Similarly, for the Testicular microlithiasis Planet Ayurveda offers a combination of herbal formulations that helps in managing the condition more effectively.
- Varunadi vati
- Boswellia curcumin
- Kachnaar guggul
- Renoplan syrup
1. Varunadi Vati- Varunadi vati has been used to treat the various ailments since ages as it is classical Ayurvedic formulation. Purest and finest herbs like Punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa), Gokhsur (Tribulus terrestris), Varun (Crataeva nurvala), and Guggulu (Commiphora mukul) are used to prepare the Varunadi vati. All these herbs synergistically work to treat the ailments like relieving pain caused by stones, prevent further formation of stones, and unlike allopathic medicines it do not break the stones as breaking can cause various complications like blocking the passage but it dissolve the stones so that it can pass out naturally.
Dosage- Take 2 tablets twice daily after meals with plain water
2. Boswellia Curcumin– Shallaki (Boswellia serrata) and active compound of Turmeric or haridra (Curcuma longa), curcumin is used to prepared these capsules in the standardized form. Boswellia curcumin capsules are natural painkiller that helps in alleviating almost every type of pain and also reduce the inflammation.
Dosage– Take 1 capsule twice daily after meals with plain water
3. Kanchnaar Guggul- It is the poly herbal formulation prepared from Kachnar bark (Bauhinia variegate), Ginger (Zingiber officinale), Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Amalaki (Emblica officinalis), Pippali (Piper longum), Bibhitaki (Terminalia bellerica) Varuna (Crateva religiosa) and Black pepper (Piper nigrum). In Testicular microlithiasis these herbal tablets help in dissolving the stone and prevent further calcification.
Dosage- Take 2 tablets twice daily after meals with plain water
4. Renoplan Syrup- Renoplan syrup is an Ayurvedic formulation which helps in treating ailments like infections, dissolves stones, prevent bacterial growth and work especially on kidneys to improve their function. However in Testicular microlithiasis Renoplan syrup can help in dissolving the micro calcifications and prevent inflammation and infection. Herbs like Bhumi amla ( Phyllanthus niruri), Punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa), Trapush (Cucumis sativus), Gokshura (Tribulus terrestris), Kalmegh (Andrographis paniculata) etc are used in its preparation.
Dosage- Take 2 teaspoon twice daily after meals with plain water
Testicular microlithiasis can be managed naturally with the help of herbal formulations and further complications can also be prevented. However the exact effect of the herbs might vary from person to person as every individual’s body is different from other.