We have always wondered how our forefathers were naturally healthier and had stronger immunity!! So, for this, they all have relied on natural herbs and spices for healing and treatment. There are many benefits and pleasures of following the Ayurvedic regime which has enhanced endurance, fitness and overall health.
What is Fitness?
What does it exactly mean to have a healthy mind and fit body? Just because you are engaged in physical exercises doesn’t mean you are fit and healthy. Thus, fitness is defined as the state of being which involves a healthy balance between mental and physical state. Fitness is a broad term which includes healthy eating and active living as fundamentals attain fitness. Basically, it includes five components i.e. muscular strength and endurance, mental and emotional health, flexibility, body composition and cardiovascular endurance. These factors play an important role in fitness and of course different for every person.
Ayurveda and Fitness
Ayurveda is the science of life which uses the oldest and holistic modes of treatment used from more than 3,000 years. This medicine system believes that our health depends on the delicate equilibrium between soul, body and mind. Though, this balance can be disrupted by genetic, hormonal, climate, age, injury and obviously our emotions. As we know that and this is even mentioned in Ayurvedic scriptures that the human body consists of essential five elements i.e. air, water, fire, earth and ether. Further, these five elements in combination form three life forces known as Tridosha which includes Vata, Pitta and Kapha dosha. Tridosha controls the body functions, health and general well-being of a person. Here are some tips to embrace the incredible benefits of Ayurveda for good health.
- Yoga and Meditation: Practising yogic postures with balancing synchronization between breathing patterns and meditation can surely help to improve physical and mental health.
- Go Green: As it is said that you are what you eat; therefore diet plays an important role in overall health. According to Ayurvedic principles, a person should eat in accordance with their body type and sattvic diet. Ayurvedic medicine involves only natural herbs and it should be followed for a harmonious life.
- Ayurvedic Massages: Ayurvedic body massages involve special herbal oils and are specifically formulated. These messages help in relaxing, relieves stress and unblock the emotional channels. Moreover, this is a more holistic approach to rejuvenation and relaxation.
- Adequate Sleep: Healthy sleeping patterns tend to enhance ojas which helps in coordinating body and soul.
Ayurvedic Herbs for Fitness
Ayurvedic herbs have laid a foundation of this most traditional medicine system of India. All Ayurveda practitioners use herbal formulations for cleansing and boosting the immune system. Here we are going to discuss Ayurvedic herbs which are packed with health benefits.
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) is a magical herb which tends to manage stress, anxiety and enhance muscle growth. It is considered as an adaptogen and is known as ‘Indian ginseng’ because of its medicinal properties.
- Boswellia: This herb is commonly known as Indian frankincense which is enriched with anti-inflammatory properties. Boswellia effectively manages joint pain, healthy digestion and improved oral health.
- Triphala: This Ayurvedic remedy contains three medicinally herbs i.e. Bibhitaki (Terminalia bellerica), Haritaki (Terminalia chebula) and Amla (Emblica Officinalis). All these three herbs improve digestion and prevent infections.
- Brahmi: Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri) is considered as a natural adaptogen and brain tonic. This herb promotes the regeneration of brain cells and improves the ability of the body to manage stress and anxiety.
- Turmeric: Another Indian traditional herb is turmeric which is used as a spice and also an amazing Ayurvedic remedy. It is loaded with antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties. Turmeric enhances the immune system and helps in detoxification of toxins from the body.
- Gotu kola: Gotukola (Centella Asiatica) which is considered as a herb of longevity. This herb has been used in various Ayurvedic formulations and is beneficial in managing stress, anxiety and improving memory.
All these herbs work incredibly in managing a healthy body and mind.
Natural Remedies for Fitness by Planet Ayurveda
Planet Ayurveda is providing herbal products for general well being and fitness. All the formulations are 100% pure and natural which are safe to use. These are manufactured under the strict supervision of MD Ayurveda and in totally sterilised conditions.
1. Shilajit Capsules
Shilajit capsules from Planet Ayurveda contain pure and standardised extracts of Shilajit (Asphaltum). This herb is beneficial in overcoming any kind of physical and mental weakness. Shilajit helps in rejuvenation of the ageing cells and promotes regeneration of healthy cells.
Dosage – 1-2 capsules with milk or plain water after meals.
2. Brahmi chyawanprash
Brahmi chyawanprash is a herbal preparation which contains many herbs Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri), Bala (Sida cordifolia), Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera), Bhumi Amla (Phyllanthus niruri), Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus), etc. All these Ayurvedic herbs are very effective in enhancing stamina, balancing dosha, increasing immunity and improving the overall well-being of an individual.
Dosage – 1 teaspoon with warm milk is recommended for better results.
3. Ashwagandha Capsules
Ashwagandha capsules have been formulated from high-quality herbs of Ashwagandha. These capsules work effectively in rejuvenation, improves blood circulation, and acts as an amazing nervine tonic and anti-oxidant agent.
Dosage – 2 capsules twice a day with plain water after meals.
4. Green Essentials
Green essentials are enriched with the goodness of Grapeseed (Vitis vinifera), Wheatgrass (Triticulum aestivum), Spirulina (Spirulina platensis), Amla (Emblica officinalis) and green tea ( Camellia sinensis). These capsules promote inner power and longevity. This herbal remedy increases energy levels, boosts immunity and helps to relieve many health problems.
Dosage – 1-2 capsules twice a day with plain water after meals.
The Human body was created to evolve and move as evidenced by the skeletal system. For maintaining optimal health we need to engage our bodies approximately through a holistic and conventional system of medicines.
Contact Planet Ayurveda Support Team to provide you the costing/ordering and delivery information at – firstname.lastname@example.org or Call at 0172-521-4030 (India), +91-172-521-4030 (Outside India) or Whatsapp at (+91) 9915-593-604.