Like all living organisms, our heart also needs nutrients and oxygen to work efficiently. The task of supplying nourishment to the heart is done by coronary arteries which are further divided into left and right coronary arteries according to their location to the heart. There are furthermore branches of the left coronary artery, from which the Left Anterior descending artery (LAD) is the major. It provides around 50 percent of the total nutrients to the heart. But unfortunately, sometimes blockage occurs in this artery due to which supply of nutrients and oxygen become disrupted. But why blockage occurs? And how can one get rid from blockage? This is all we are going to discuss in this article. Let’s take a look.
Left Anterior descending artery (LAD) is a coronary artery which supplies blood, nutrients, and oxygen to the heart muscles. Among three main coronary arteries, LAD is the main and largest coronary artery serving feed to the heart. As per the name “Left anterior descending”, it is running down the front wall of the heart (anterior descending) and located on the left side of the heart. LAD supplies blood to more than 50% of total heart muscles, thereby blockage in LAD is usually termed as the Widowmaker. Once the supply of blood stops to the heart due to blockage, the heart stops working and leads to death of the person.
Some symptoms observed by person suffering from LAD blockage includes:
- Chest pain (Angina): Formation of plaque can constrict the LAD and lower down the flow of blood towards the heart. Due to decreased flow of blood, pain occurs in the chest. This condition is also termed as Angina.
- Tightened chest: When there is blockage or damage occurs in LAD, patient feel tightness in his/her chest. Inflammation and blockage in LAD can raise this symptom.
- Shortness of breath: Patient feels difficulty in breathing or we can say shortness of breath by having blockage in heart. This symptom is more severe in patients when doing intense workout or exercise.
- Fatigue: It is a disabling and prevalent symptom mainly associated with plaque formation in LAD. Patient often feel weakness throughout the day in this condition.
- Pain in left hand and arm: Numbness and pain can be felt in left hand and arm when a person is suffering through blockage in LAD.
- Pain in area of abdomen: This is also the main symptom of LAD blockage. Individual feel heartburn or pain in the abdominal area.
- Feeling sick: Severe fever occurs in the patient of LAD blockage. Sometime fever come and go after specific period of time.
- Feeling of beat skipping by heart: When heart unexpectedly begins to race and start skipping beats. Then understand you are suffering from blockage in LAD.
- Sudden sweating: Sudden sweating can be induced even when you are sitting in relax mode. This is an early symptom of plaque formation in LAD.
- Dizziness: It is a sensation of revolving around and losing consciousness. This is a common symptom of many disease, mainly of LAD blockage.
1. High “Bad” Cholesterol
Increased levels of bad cholesterol that is low-density lipoprotein (LDL) may contribute to formation of plaque in LAD. This is the major reason of getting blockage in other arteries also.
Having high blood sugar levels or diabetes increases the risk of formation of plaque and stops the blood supply to the heart. That is the reason most diabetic patients lost their life due to heart attack.
3. Smoking Cigarette
Atherosclerosis in the arteries of legs, heart and aorta can be raised by daily smoking cigarettes. Smoking causes heart attacks as well as lung cancer.
High levels of blood pressure increase the risk of arterial plaque and also accelerate the stickiness in clogged arteries.
There are several tests for the detection of blockage in the LAD as well as other arteries. Your doctors will decide which tests should perform according to the symptoms in the patient. These tests include:
- X-ray of chest
- Cholesterol screening
- CT scan
There are some factors involved in triggering the blockage in LAD, which are:
- Excess stress
- High cholesterol levels
- Tobacco smoking
Being a 5000 old and traditional system of medicines, Ayurveda has some wonderful herbs which can prevent or treat the blockage of LAD in an effective manner and even without showing any side effect in the patient’s body. Basically, this medicinal system entirely turns around the use of natural herbs in the treatment of various diseases.
By following the path of Ayurvedic fundamentals, Planet Ayurveda prepared some amazing natural remedies to maintain your LAD as well as other arteries in a disease-free condition. These formulations are the result of long-term research and study by MD Ayurveda Doctors which are treating LAD blockage in patients from many decades.
Take a look on natural herb formulations by Planet Ayurveda for the treatment of LAD blockage or Widowmaker disease:
1. Arjun Tea
Arjun tea made in the house of Planet Ayurveda is a pure herbal formulation of Arjun (Terminalia Arjuna), Punarnava (Boerhaviadiffusa), Dalchini (Cinnamomum zeylanicum), Pipal tvak (Ficus religiosa) herb and Chhotielaichi (Elettaria cardamomum) herbs. Arjun tea is very beneficial for maintaining cholesterol, blood pressure, and providing nourishment to heart muscles.
Dosage: One cup of Arjun tea is recommended in a day.
2. Guggul Capsules
Planet Ayurveda’s Guggul capsules consist of high-quality extract of Guggul (Commiphora mukul) herb which is well known for its inflammatory properties and has positive impact on acne, arthritis, psoriasis and eczema treatment. These capsules also regulate cholesterol, triglyceride levels and provide longevity to the heart.
Dosage: 2 capsules twice in a day with normal water after meals.
3. Arjuna Capsules
Arjuna capsules by Planet Ayurveda are prepared by utilizing Arjuna (Terminalia arjuna) herb which is very useful in maintaining heart health. These capsules are also useful in maintaining equilibrium between Tridosha (Vata, Pitta and Kapha), supporting healthy circulation of blood, providing health to blood cells, enhancing body metabolism and many more.
Dosage: 2 capsules twice daily with normal water after meals.
4. Total Heart Support
Herbs such as Arjuna (Terminalia arjuna), Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri), Ashwagandha (Withaniasomnifera), Shankhpushpi (Convolvulus pluricaulis) are used in the manufacturing of Total heart support capsules.
These capsules are favorable for making the heart healthy by controlling the level of cholesterol, blood pressure, strengthening the heart muscles and preventing blockage in coronary arteries.
Dosage: 2 capsules two times in a day with normal water after meals.
Contact Planet Ayurveda to provide you the costing / ordering and delivery information at – email@example.com or call at +91-172-5214030 Or Check Website – www.PlanetAyurveda.com
Heart is a major organ helping an individual to sustain life, that is why LAD and other arteries constantly provide nutrients to the heart for its proper functioning. But blockage of LAD can disrupt this supply, thus raising risk of losing life. Though to provide proper health to your heart, make sure to consume the above given Ayurvedic medicines as they are well enough to ensure your heart’s admirably working.