The body is of no use if it’s not fit both physically as well as mentally. As we all know that health is the biggest wealth for human life. But due to our unhealthy habits or sedentary lifestyle, we suffer from different health issues and one of them is Anasarca. Well, it is important to note that it’s not a disease itself but instead a sign of the disease. Anasarca is generally swelling of the whole body and this could be due to some underlying health issue. In this article we are going to throw light on this medical condition and its treatment through the help of herbal medicine.
What Is Anasarca?
Anasarca can be defined as the accumulation of fluid in different body parts including arms, hands, feet, ankles, and legs as well. This is caused due to some medical condition and illness that causes changes in the proteins of the body. The imbalance in the protein will naturally cause an imbalance in the fluids or may also result in abnormality in the blood vessels. It is also present when the patient suffers from organ damage or other illness. There are also other varieties of causes for anasarca including dehydration and even injury.
What Are The Signs And Symptoms?
- The main symptom seen in anasarca is the edema in the body making the skin look shiny as well as stretched.
- It also makes it very difficult for the patient to move due to the accumulation of fluid.
- The swelling in the body can become so severe that it might also leak out from the skin which is known as weeping edema.
- Pitting edema meaning when swollen skin is applied with pressure the dimple or dent remains for a few seconds even after the release.
Other symptoms include
- Not able to lift the arm
- Pain in Joints
- Difficulty in breathing
- It can lead to a life-threatening situation where fluid can collect into the lungs also known as pulmonary edema.
- This can also include coughing or pain in the chest.
What Causes Anasarca?
One important thing to note is that it’s a symptom, not a disease, there could be a variety of medical conditions for Anasarca.
Here are some common cause for the anasarca including
- Kidney disease:- When there is impairment of the kidney disease and the fluid cannot be removed from the body.
- Malnutrition:- People who especially have a deficiency of proteins in the diet causing the fluid to collect in the tissue.
- Excessive administration of the IV Fluid:- It is usually given in the hospital used for treating severe health conditions like dehydration, infection, and shock as well.
- Cirrhosis:- Liver cirrhosis can result in failure of the liver and this can result in hormonal imbalance. This imbalance can affect the fluid regulation of the body and this causes leaking of fluid in the tissues.
- Heart:- Poor functioning of the muscles of the heart and this also affects the pumping of blood throughout the body. This can cause the accumulation of fluid in the tissues.
- Allergy:- Swelling can also be caused due to an allergic reaction and this can also lead to anasarca.
- Capillary leak syndrome:- It is the condition when the protein and fluids start to leak out from the blood vessels into the tissues of the body. The common cause for this syndrome could be blood vessel injury or also inflammation.
How Anasarca Can Be Diagnosed?
Here are the ways to diagnose the disease including
- Physical examination of the patient where swelling is very commonly seen in the patient.
- Liver function test
- Kidney Function test
- Chest X-ray
Treatment of Anasarca
According to modern medications, the common treatment for Anasarca is the drugs like Diuretics or administration of Albumin in the body. This can cause other side effects to the body making the condition worse.
According to Ayurveda Anasarca is caused due to the imbalance of Vata, Pitta, and Kapha Dosha. By giving Ayurvedic medicine one can easily balance the Dosha of the body and this will naturally remove the accumulated fluid in the body.
Planet Ayurveda Provides Herbal Medicine For Anasarca
Planet Ayurveda is a Private limited company that provides herbal medicine not only in India but also in other parts of the world. All the herbal medicine provided by Planet Ayurveda is free from chemicals, preservatives as well as additives making it 100 percent pure as well as natural. Each herbal medicine is made under the supervision of an MD Ayurvedic Doctor and clinically tested as well. They are safe to use and also free from all kinds of side-effects, So Planet Ayurveda provides their Anasarca Care Pack including medicines like
- Punarnava Capsules
- Water-EX tablet
- Boswellia Curcumin
- Gokshuradi Guggul
1. Punarnava Capsules
These capsules are packed with one of the best herbs known as Punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa). It is one of the effective herbal remedies for maintaining the good health of the Kidney and is packed with rejuvenating properties. Punarnava is very effective in expelling the extra fluid from the body and proven to be best for patients who suffer from Anasarca.
Dosage:- Two capsules twice daily with water after meals.
2. Water-EX tablet
This herbal tablet is a combination of herbs like Gokshura (Tribulus terrestris), Varuna (Crataeva nurvala), and many more. This herbal medicine contains anti-inflammatory, diuretics as well as rejuvenating properties. As the name says, it is very effective in removing any kind of collected water from the body and is best for kidney problems. It is also very effective in removing toxins from the body and making it overall healthy
Dosage:- Two tablets with plain water after meals twice daily.
3. Boswellia Curcumin
It is the combination of two effective herbs known as Shallaki (Boswellia serrata) and Curcumin (Curcuma longa). It is very effective in decreasing inflammation of the body by improving circulation. Along with that, it is also very useful in removing ailments like pain in joints, difficulty in breathing, and also increased heartbeat.
Dosage:- One capsule twice daily after meals with water.
4. Gokshuradi Guggul
This is the combination of herbs like Gokshura (Tribulus terrestris), Guggulu (Commiphora mukul), Ginger (Zingiber officinale), Pippali (Piper longum), Bibhitaki (Terminalia bellirica), and many more. This herbal medicine contains multiple properties like analgesic, anti-inflammatory as well as detoxifying properties. Due to its diuretic property, it is excellent for kidney disorders.
Dosage:- Two tablets twice daily with plain water after meals.
Contact Planet Ayurveda to provide you the costing / ordering and delivery information at – email@example.com or call at +91-172-5214030 Or Check Website – www.PlanetAyurveda.com
As discussed Anasarca is the symptoms of the disease and it is important to know the cause in order to treat the disease. The above-mentioned herbal medicine will help in treating the accumulation of water naturally and making the body overall healthy.