Itching, Intense pain, redness, rashes, swelling and blisters around the buttocks, under the breasts, on the shoulder blades, soles of the feet, on the knees, between the fingers, around the genital area, in the armpits and near the elbow are the symptoms of scabies. Scabies is a condition in which patient fell uncomfortable. It is a contagious skin condition commonly found in young adults and children.
This skin disease is caused by tiny mites known as Sarcoptes scabiei. This mite is a parasite which stay in a host to live. The female mites burrow under the skin of a human being and lays eggs. When these eggs hatch they found their way to the skin. These eggs get matured within ten to fifteen days. These new mites spread to other parts of the skin or other hosts. This disease get transfered by coming in close contact with an infected person, sexual contact with infected person and sharing personal things with an infected person. The scabies can be treated naturally by some simple home remedies.
Here are Top 7 Natural Home Remedies for Scabies
This is one of the most traditional herb used for its various medicinal properties. Neem has anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties. Neem leaves and neem oil are used to reduce itching, clear mites within few days and can prevent scabies from reproducing.
- Apply neem oil to the affected area for few minutes after that wash the affected area. Do this for few weeks to ease the itching. This is a natural home remedy.
- Make an herbal tea by boiling few neem leaves in a cup of water. Drink one tablespoon of this preparation three to four times a day. Do this for a week or two weeks.
- Make a paste of neem leaves apply it to the affected area. Do this daily to get rid of scabies as it speed up the healing process.
- Make an antiseptic cream by adding two ounces of turmeric powder and two ounces of neem oil. Apply this cream two to three times a day.
Turmeric is considered as a wonderful herb. It is used traditionally at home too in the form of spices. This herb has anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties in it. This herb smartly relieve the symptoms of scabies.
- Make a paste by mixing one teaspoon of neem powder, one teaspoon of turmeric powder. Add a little amount of water to it. Apply this paste to the affected area allow it to dry naturally. Take a bath to rinse it off. Do this daily for better results.
- Take one tablespoon of turmeric powder, add few drops of lemon juice and water to it. Apply this paste to the affected skin for about an hour. Rinse it off with warm water. Do it once daily.
3. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera has various medicinal properties. This herb contains antimicrobial property which speeds up the healing process in various skin diseases and scabies.
- Apply fresh aloe vera gel extracted from leaf extract to the affected skin area for thirty minutes. Rinse it off with warm water. Do this for two to three times a week for best results.
- Make a paste of two tablespoons of aloe vera gel, one handful of calendula petals paste and one pinch of turmeric powder to it. Apply this paste to the affected area. Do this twice daily for several weeks to get relief from scabies.
Garlic is a traditional herb which has very strong antibacterial property. This herb is very strong to remove the mites.
- Make a paste by adding three to four cloves of garlic. Apply this paste to the affected area for three days.
Clove is a great natural home remedy for treating scabies. This herb has anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties in it. Clove oil is used for getting instant relief from pain and itching.
- Apply clove oil on the affected area.
- If you get burning sensation then you should dilute clove oil with little olive oil and water. Apply it on affected area.
The presence of quercetin in onion is a wonderful home remedy for scabies. Onion prevents the infection from spreading to the others.
- Apply juice of onion to the affected area of the skin. Do this for three to four times a day.
7. Mustard Oil
This is commonly found in our home. It is the best natural home remedy for scabies. This oil kills the skin mites that cause infections.
- Apply this oil to the rashes and cracked skin.
- Apply this oil to the affected area of the skin. Use this oil daily.
These all are the simple home remedies easily available at home, to get rid of scabies infection use these natural remedies daily.