High blood pressure or hypertension in today’s date is one of a common problem among most of the people. It is the condition in which the blood exerted so much pressure on the wall of arteries. The measurement of blood pressure gives information about how much blood is passing through your blood vessels. This condition of high blood pressure causes many problems in humans. Usually, people don’t notice the symptoms of high blood pressure, but it can damage your blood vessels and organs. It mostly effects on your heart, kidney, brain, and eyes. This disorder can be cured by changing your lifestyle and add some healthy eating habits
There are so many people in India and other countries who are suffering from this hypertension problem. Blood pressure can be recorded with two numbers, i.e. Systolic and diastolic pressure.
• Systolic pressure (higher number): Systolic is the contraction of the heart. It is the amount of maximum arterial pressure when the left ventricle of heart contracts. Mainly it is a ventricular contraction. It is the measure of blood pressure in the blood vessels when your heartbeat.
• Diastolic Pressure (lower number): Diastolic is the relaxation of your heart. It is the measure of blood pressure when your heart is filled. It is the lowest number of two blood pressure measurements, for example, if your blood pressure is 120/80mmHg, then 80 is your diastolic pressure.
Blood Pressure Guide
- High blood pressure: It is when your measurements are 140/90mmHg or higher.
- Low blood pressure: It is considered to be 90/60mmHg or lower.
- Normal range: It is considered to be 90/60mmHg and 120/80mmHg.
Symptoms of High Blood Pressure
- Severe head pain due to very high blood pressure
- Chest pain
- Irregular pulse rate
- Vision problem
- Difficulties in breathing
- Blood in urine
Risk of High Blood Pressure
- Heart failure
- Transient ischemic attack (mini stroke), there is no blood supply to your brain due to some blood clots or atherosclerosis.
- An aneurysm: It is the formation of bulge due to enlargement in the wall of arteries.
- Cause coronary artery disease. In this disease, your arteries become narrow which restrict your blood flow into the heart.
- Stroke: It causes the brain cell to die due to lack of oxygen supply in your brain.
- Kidney failure
- Nerve damage
- Bone loss
7 Home Remedies for High Blood Pressure
1. Reduce Your Sodium Intake
Salt is mainly associated with high blood pressure. Peoples who have a high blood pressure problem they should avoid their salt intake. High intake of sodium leads to decrease the blood flow into your heart, which is the main reason for the heart attacks and stroke. Some due to its high consumption, there will be severe damage to your arteries and they get burst.
2. Increase Potassium Intake
Potassium is very good for your heart. So you should eat potassium-rich foods such as Bananas, potatoes, sweet potatoes, apricot, avocados, melon, dairy products such as milk and yogurt. You can also add nuts, seeds, tuna and salmon etc. in your diet. Potassium control and balance the sodium in your body. To make a proper balance between sodium and potassium you should avoid foods such as highly processed food, spicy food, and fried food etc.
Flaxseeds are a very good source of omega-3 fatty acid, which is very good for your heart. It reduces the bad cholesterol, LDL from your body and increases the good cholesterol HDL level in your body. It acts as an antioxidant agent. If you take 30-50 grams powder of flaxseed daily then it will definitely reduce your blood pressure.
It is a very beneficial herb belongs to the mint family. It has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Basil contains a chemical eugenol, which helps to block the certain substances which are responsible for tightening the blood vessels. This may lead to lower the high pressure in your body.
It is an herb which has many medicinal properties. It cures many problems such as heartburn, irritable bowels, loss of appetite, liver problems, and high blood pressure. If you add cardamom in your diet then it will help to reduce the high blood pressure. You add 3 grams of cardamom powder in your diet for 12 weeks, it is very effective.
Coriander has very good antioxidant and diuretic property properties which help to reduce your high blood pressure. It also helps to cut down the sodium intake in your body. Mainly its diuretic property is beneficial during high blood pressure problem. This herb reduces the symptom of high blood pressure, such as stroke, blood clot, and nerve disruption.
This is very reasonable and easily available herb. Its antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, helps to maintain body balance. It has an antidiabetic property which helps to reduce the high blood pressure in diabetic patients by controlling the overall glucose level in your body. You should add some amount of cinnamon to your daily diet. It shows its effect on both systolic and diastolic pressures.