In this shloka causes and symptoms of Shiro roga are explained.
- Due to the vitiation of vata dosha, there is an intense pain and pulsation.
- Due to the vitiation of pitta dosha, there is pain with a burning sensation.
- Due to the vitiation of kapha dosha, there is a feeling of heaviness.
- Due to the all the three doshas all the symptoms are present.
- Due to micro-organisms, there are symptoms of itching, pricking pain and distress.
(Reference: Charak Samhita (Chikitsa Sthan) Chapter 26 and shloka-118)
Headache is a pain which occurs at anywhere in the head region or neck region. This may occur due to several conditions related to the brain to smoothing as common as due to insufficient sleep.
As Per Ayurveda Aspect
According to Ayurveda Shira (head) is the place where the Kapha dosha is dominant. When the Kapha dosha is in its normal state then it represents a potential source of strength and is resistant to disease’s Bala, and ojas.
Due to the intake of excessive Kapha containing products, Kapha is formed in excess that causes srotorodha and impairs the digestion process. This impairment causes the formation of ama (undigested food) in the brain which causes pain or headache.
As Per Modern Aspect
Cluster headache is a series of short but extremely painful headache that can happen every day for weeks or even months. This condition mainly occurs in clusters or cyclic patterns and commonly awakens the individual in the middle of the night with intense pain in or around the eyes and on one side of the head. These cluster periods can last from weeks or months usually followed by remission when the headache stops. But during remission, there is no symptom of headache for months or even years.
What are the Characteristics of a Cluster Headache?
Characteristics of cluster headache may include
- Pain: Pain is almost one-sided and stays on the same side for a period of time when the patients get daily attacks. The pain may be piercing or burning in nature and is constant or throbbing.
- Short duration: Headache usually lasts for 30 to 90 minutes. The period can be as short as of 15 minutes and as long as of 3 hours after that it will be disappeared.
- Speed: Headache generally reaches to its full force quickly within 5 to 10 minutes.
- Predictable: This headache happens so regularly generally at the same time and each day and has been called “Alarm clock headaches”. The attacks can be more severe in night times than in the day times.
- Frequency: The frequency of headache is for 2 weeks to 3 months and in between this period the patients will be pain-free for at least 2 weeks.
What are the Causes of Cluster Headache?
- The main cause of cluster headache is usually unknown but the abnormality in the hypothalamus plays an important role in it.
- Unlike tension and migraine headaches, cluster headache is not associated with triggering factors such as stress, foods, and hormonal imbalance.
- During this period, the consumption of alcohol triggers the headache and patients with this disease should avoid the consumption of alcohol.
Other Risk Factors May Include
- Sex: Men are likely to be affected more than women.
- Age: It occurs in the age group of 20 and 50
- Smoking and alcohol consumption: Alcohol and smoking can trigger the risk of cluster headache
- Family history: Having a parent or sibling who has this condition might increase the risk of having a cluster headache.
What are the Symptoms of a Cluster Headache?
- Cluster headache strikes quickly without any warning sign, although person might first have migraine-related symptoms such as aura and nausea. Common symptoms during headache include:
- One-sided pain
- The excruciating pain that generally happens in or around one eye and may also radiate to the other areas of the head, neck, face, and shoulders
- Excessive tearing
- Redness in the affected eye
- Running nose
- Sweating over the face or on the forehead
- Pale skin
- Swelling around the eyes on the affected side
- Drooping of eyelids
Natural Treatment for Cluster Headache
Planet Ayurveda offers the best combination of herbal remedies such as depression care pack for the treatment of cluster headache. These herbal remedies are formulated from the best quality of natural and authentic herbs that strictly follows the principles of Ayurveda. These formulations are 100% pure, natural, and are free from additives, chemicals, preservatives, and fillers. These formulations are safe to use and have no side effects.
This pack contains
1. Medhya Churna
Medhya churna is a natural memory enhancer that works wonderfully to improve the memory. According to Ayurveda, the word medhya means intelligence. This churna contains herbs like ashwagandha, ajmoda, patha, Brahmi, pipali, Vacha, sonth, etc. All these herbs work wonderfully on the brain by improving memory and relieve stress and anxiety. This amazing herbal formulation rejuvenates the nervous system.
Dosage: 1 pinch or 1 gram of powder with plain water twice daily after meals.
2. Gotu Kola Capsules
Gotu kola capsules are prepared from the pure and standardized extract of Gotukola (Mandookparni). These capsules maintain healthy blood circulation and boost up metabolism. According to Ayurveda, this herb balances the psychic energies (Satva, rajas, and tamas) and three doshas (Vata, Pitta, and Kapha) in the body.
Dosage: 2 capsules two times a day with plain water after meals.
3. Stress Support
As the name suggests, stress support capsules are very effective in relieving stress and anxiety. These capsules are packed with wonderful ingredients such as tagar, ashwagandha, and Brahmi. These herbs have been used in Ayurveda since many ages for calming down the nervous system and fights against cluster headache and depression. These capsules increase the concentration power and treat mental illness.
Dosage: 2 capsules two times a day after the intake of food with plain water.
4. Memory Support
Memory support is an herbal formulation that enhances memory and concentration power. It is formulated by Vacha, Brahmi, licorice, and shankhpushpi. All these herbs act synergistically to pacify the vitiated Vata, Pitta and Kapha dosha thus helpful in improving memory. These capsules relieve stress and improve the mind’s ability. It also treats a cluster headache.
Dosage: 2 capsules twice times a day with water after meals.