An unhealthy diet and lifestyle affect health to a great extent that results in the onset of many chronic ailments like digestive disorders, liver diseases, cardiovascular ailments, etc. Fatty liver is one of the ailments that is affecting the major part of the population globally. Alcoholic fatty liver disease (ALD) is a condition that is caused due to the increased uptake of alcohol at regular intervals. This condition may get worse if not treated or if the affected person continues to consume alcohol. Current recommendations for treatment are through changing diet and lifestyle rather than adapting modern pharmacies which leads to poor quality of life. Adapting ancient traditional medicine system i.e. Ayurvedic herbal medicines can treat the ailment in a better and safe way.
What is Fatty Liver?
The liver is known to be the largest organ inside our body which plays an important role in digesting food, detoxification and storing energy. A diseased liver may lead to many chronic liver disorders like Fatty liver, Cirrhosis/liver cancer, Hepatitis A, B, and C, etc. Fatty liver or hepatic steatosis is a state in which fat starts accumulating in liver cells and comprises more than 1/10th of the total liver weight. Fatty liver can be of two type’s i.e. Alcoholic fatty liver disease (AFLD) and Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD).
What are the Leading Causes of Fatty Liver?
Fatty liver may be caused due to the following reasons:
- Increased intake of alcohol
- Exposure to certain toxins
- High level of triglycerides in the blood
- High blood sugar levels
What are the Signs and Symptoms of Fatty Liver?
Some of the common symptoms which can be noticed in the early stages of fatty liver as follows:
- Sudden loss in appetite
- Abdominal pain and discomfort due to swelling (Ascites)
- Itchy skin and rashes
- Sudden weight loss
- Mental instability and confusion
- Web-like network under your skin
- Bleeding from nose
- Redness in palms
What are the Complications in Fatty Liver?
The major complications that may occur are:
- Liver cancer
- Liver failure
- Cardio-vascular disorders
How can Fatty Liver get Diagnosed?
Various clinical tests to pinpoint the severity of the disease include-
1. Blood Tests
- Total blood count
- Liver function and enzyme tests
- Tests for chronic Hepatitis A, B, and others
- Cholesterol and triglycerides levels in the blood
- Fasting blood sugar test
2. Imaging Procedures like Computerized tomography (CT) scan, Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), Transient Elastography, Magnetic resonance.
3. Liver Tissue Examination by liver biopsy.
What are the Risk Factors in Fatty Liver?
Some of the major risk that is involved in Fatty Liver patients are as follows-
- Type II Diabetes
- Polycystic ovary syndrome
- High cholesterol levels
- Metabolic syndrome
- Sleep apnea
Home Remedies for Prevention of Fatty Liver
Our lifestyle and diet play a significant role which leads to fatty liver conditions. Some of the natural remedies which can prevent the chronic liver conditions are-
- Ginger (Zingiber officinale) is a globally used Indian traditional spice that is used to add flavor in many dishes. It is considered to be a great appetizer, improves digestion and strengthening the immune system. It possesses anti-inflammatory properties, beneficial in relieving constipation, detoxification and treating severe liver disorders.
- One should avoid canned fruits/vegetables, juices, etc. rather should consume fresh green leafy vegetables like spinach, carrots, pumpkin, chicory, cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage, and lettuce, etc.
- Citrus fruits should be avoided.
- Green tea which is enriched with the goodness of Green tea leaves, tulsi, honey, and lemon juice makes it rich in antioxidants, flavonoids, catechins and polyphenols which makes it very helpful flushing out toxins. It is beneficial in treating various ailments like cancer, cardiovascular diseases, managing cholesterol levels, diabetes, and skin diseases.
- One should not consume red meat, smoked fish (salmon), skinless chicken, etc.
- Dairy products like butter, high-fat milk and bakery products like pastries, cakes, pizza, chocolates, pasta, etc. should be avoided.
- Eggs, cottage cheese, oats, kidney beans, flaxseeds, low-fat milk should be added in the daily diet for better results.
Natural Treatment for Fatty Liver by Planet Ayurveda
Planet Ayurveda is offering Fatty Liver Pack for the detoxification of the liver which supports a healthy liver. The products in this pack include
- Yakrit Plihantak Churna
- Livoplan Syrup
- Liv Support Capsules
1. Yakrit Plihantak Churna
This is a herba powder made from the wonderful herbs like Bhumiamla (Phyllanthus niruri), Katuki (Picrorhiza kurroa), Makoy (Solanum indicum), Punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa), Kalmegh (Andrographis paniculata), Kaasni (Cichorium intybus), Sharpunkha (Tephrosia purpurea) and Bhringraj (Eclipta alba). This is very useful in all the liver anomalies. This herbal powder helps in the treatment of liver cirrhosis, fatty liver, spleenomegaly, hepatitis B, etc.
Dosage: 1 teaspoonful twice a day before meals with warm water or decoction method.
2. Livoplan Syrup
This is a herbal syrup that contains herbs such as Bhringraj (Eclipta alba), Sharpunkha (Tephrosia purpurea), Kalmegh (Andrographis paniculata), Shyonak (Oroxylum indicum), Rohitaka (Tecomella undulata), Bhumiamla (Phyllanthus niruri), Patol (Trichosanthes diocia), Kasni (Cichorium intybus), etc. These herbs regenerate the liver cells and protect the liver from toxins. It eliminates the toxins from the liver and provides a healthy liver function.
Dosage: 2 tsp twice a day after meals.
3. LIV Support Capsules
It is a poly herbal formulation and it is made from the extracts of herbs such as Kalmegh (Andrographis paniculata), Bhringraj (Eclipta alba), Saral (Pinus roxburghii), Kasani (Cichorium intybus). The herbs in this formulation support a healthy liver by detoxifying the liver from toxins. It regenerates the damaged cells in the liver.
Dosage: 1 capsule twice a day after meals with warm water.
Why only Planet Ayurveda?
- 100 % pure and vegetarian formulations
- Products are free from any kind of chemicals, preservatives, binders colors, etc.
- Natural products
- All the products are manufactured in properly sterilized conditions