The main focus of this article is on the adverse effect of Occupational Hazards. The article includes its various types with the prevention, natural tips while at the workplace, herbal and homemade remedies. Occupational hazards are experienced in the workplace like industries and factories. In the workplace, the authority must ensure the safety of their works. So, that no one harms itself with hazards. Anxiety, stress, fever, cough, cold, tiredness, overthinking, exposure to chemicals, heart diseases, conflicts, etc. all are occupational hazards. The information that is sharing in this article will help all the people to decrease the harmful effects of occupational hazards with the herbal and home remedies.
Today we all are worried about our health. It is very important that we eat healthily, inhale the fresh air, keeps our body fit and keeps our mind fresh. Then, only we can put our efforts into doing our work at home as well as in the workplace. But according to researchers, some hazards affect our bodies directly or indirectly. The risk that workers experience in the workplace like accidents, illness, etc. is known as Occupational Hazards. It is unappreciable that a person experiences or suffers a lot in the workplace. It is an undesirable event that causes risk which causes injuries to employees at the time of work. There are thousands of chemical substance used in our school, colleges, workplace, factories, public areas, etc.
Chemicals are used by everyone daily like, to purify water, to increase the production of crops, etc. But it is not true that chemical is not harmful to humans. It creates various problems for humans. Hazards occur during transportation, production, storage, handling or use of disposal, etc. so, we all are at high risk if we use chemical substance without adopting safety measures and precautions. It is dangerous for our environment like where we live, play and work.
“He who has health,
Has to hope:
And he who has hope,
Types of Occupational Hazards and Diseases Cause
Various types of occupational hazards are mentioned below:
Physical Hazards appears when the workers are in direct or indirect contact with any dangerous activities like radiation, vibrations, heat and cold stress, electrical types of equipment, lasers, noise, etc. Physical hazards cause many injuries and illnesses in various industries. There are some industries in which mining and constructions are unavoidable. The fear of loss of life always roaming around everyone’s mind. So, we need to adopt various safety measures to reduce the risk of physical hazards.
Safety Measures of Physical Hazards:
- Never use electrical equipment near water.
- Don’t use various cords together.
- Always wear heat resident gloves while working
- Always wear shockproof clothes when working in electrical labs.
- Always dry your hands before unplugging a cord.
2. Chemical Hazards
Chemical hazards are the hazards that are caused due to exposure to chemicals in the workplace. The chemical hazard gives a huge negative impact on the victims for a very long time. Acids, paints, petroleum products are the best example of it. Many chemical hazards may include asthmagens, reproductive toxins, sensitizers, etc. According to researchers, if we daily experience exposure to chemicals like tobacco, smoke, engine exhaust, dust, etc. then, eventually it leads to stroke, heart disease, skin allergies, high blood pressure, etc. Chemical hazards can directly affect a person’s health very fast with chronic hazards. Types of chemical hazards, exposure to toxic fumes, long term contact with chemicals, ingestion of poisons.
Safety Measures of Chemical Hazards:
- Use fume hoods.
- Always use wet methods to reduce the effect of dust and particles.
- Cover the face with the mask.
- Avoid plastics and obtain glass items.
- Always wear gloves and goggles to protect the eyes and hands.
- Always read full instructions before coming in contact with any chemical substance.
3. Biological Hazards
Biological Hazards are the hazards that threaten human health and other organisms also. This hazard includes various toxins, microorganisms, reproductive toxins, neurotoxins, toxic agents, etc. The factors that are responsible for biological hazards are infections, fungi, bacteria, insects, viruses, brain fever, stress, etc. and it causes cold, cough, flu, viruses, etc.
Safety Measures of Biological Hazards:
- Mark the area with some warning signs that are influenced by biological hazards.
- Always keep contaminated waste in the dumping areas.
- Eat hygienic food and never buy packed foods. Prefer fresh homemade food to eat.
- Try to know more about immediate action in case of an emergency.
- Wash your hands before eating. It keeps us healthy.
4. Psychological Hazards
This type of hazard is caused by stress such as tasks, demands from company, leadership, conflicts between colleagues, life changes, emotional disturbances, mental instability, career changes, exertion, anger, and various related health issues. Psychological hazards are concerned with the work that how it designed, organized, managed. This causes mental as well as emotional disturbances to various people which is natural.
Safety Measures of Psychological hazards:
- Organize various counseling for the employees by their employer for mental stability.
- Consumption of drugs or alcohol in the office time should not be accepted.
- Flexible working office hours.
- Try to talk with everyone.
- No politics in the office area.
- Don’t stress out too much.
- Bullying in the workplace is not accepted.
5. Ergonomic Hazards:
Ergonomic Hazards are the hazards that include health-related problems like awkward postures, uncomfortable while sitting, etc. It can harm the muscles of our body if a person detects the hazard then, it is very important to change the routine plan and redesign all the things again. Sometimes it causes serious problems which can leave you with life time effects like headaches, back pain, slip disc, muscle pain, bending issue, etc.
Safety Measures of Ergonomic Hazards:
- Poor posture must be avoided.
- Short breaks after some work.
- Take a proper and healthy diet.
- Do exercise daily to reduce the effect of pain.
Home Remedies for Occupational Hazards
The following are the home remedies that provide positive effects to our body and prevent us from many diseases. This will surely decrease the continuous visits to doctors and naturally treat us.
- Healthy eating habits: It is very important to eat healthy that keeps us fit and free from diseases. Every working human needs to follow a strict diet which includes green leafy vegetables, fruits, sprouts, cereals, fresh juices, etc. Follow a natural diet in routine. Diet must be rich in protein and helps to prevent diseases from our body.
- Take proper rest: If one can feel restless when coming home after office so, it is important to take proper rest. It freshens up their mind. For every human being, it is very important to take 8-9 hours of proper sleep in a day.
- Do exercise daily: Exercise is the best way to reduce stress. After doing some work, it is important to stretch our body for better blood circulation and decreases muscle pain. The bad posture while doing a sitting job creates difficulties for our body so, it is better to do exercise daily.
- Exposure to sunlight: Vitamin D is the best source of sunlight that prevents us from many diseases.
- No consumption of alcohol or tobacco: Alcohol, cigarettes, or tobacco consumption leads to a poor immune system. So, it is better to say no to alcohol. After consumption of this, our body feels tired, headaches, etc.
- Add garlic and turmeric milk in diet: Garlic is useful in dealing with cold, cough, throat infection, etc. Turmeric milk is also very effective in treating infections and injuries. So, if someone is in contact with any exposure then it is suggested to drink the turmeric milk at night before sleep.
- Stay hydrated: Our body is covered with 70% of water. Water is the best way to reduce infections. So, drink 4-5 liters of water. It also reduces stomach related problems. Coconut water contains many minerals and is also very useful to boost up our immunity.
- Giloy-Tulsi Decoction: The decoction of Giloy and Tulsi is very effective in treating injuries and infections when exposed to various chemicals at the workplace. It is the natural medicine which can be easily prepared at home.
Herbal Remedies for Occupational Hazards
1. Arjun Tea
Arjun Tea is the exact combination of herbal ingredients. It is a very effective tea for all the office going people to reduce stress. It helps to maintain blood pressure and maintain healthy heart. It is safe and solves problems like hypertension, fatigue, pumping capacity of heart, cholesterol, etc. The tea contains nicotine or caffeine to keeps us charge all the time and keep our mind active. The ingredients are Arjuna, Punarnava, pipal tvak, dalchini, and choti elaichi. All the ingredients are very helpful to reduce fats, cholesterol, blood pressure, etc. It works as anti-oxidant and it is the very best way to provide strength to our muscles, vascular system.
Dosage: Two times in a day.
2. Immune Booster Capsules
It is one of the amazing herbal remedies that boost up our whole immune system. In factories, and industries people are in direct contact with dust, pollution, chemical exposures, etc. So, it sometimes directly attacks towards our health. This may cause cold, cough, stomach related problems, diabetes, cancer, infections, etc. The ingredients in this herbal combination are Grape seed, Cow colostrums, Bhumi Amla, and Amalaki. All ingredients work very well to protect our respiratory system and throws harmful toxins outside of our bodies.
Dosage: 2 capsules in a day.
3. Daily Essentials
Daily essentials provide all the safety to our body to ensure that it keeps our body healthy. It increases the power of our immunity system. The various chemicals and substances are very harmful to our health which is used in factories or industries. The ingredients are grape seeds, cow colostrums, Bhumi Amla and green tea. These all are very beneficial to our health which helps in treating cancer, infections, injuries, delaying age process, jaundice, etc. It removes toxins from our body.
Dosage: 2 capsules in a day.
4. Curcumin Capsules
It is a very active compound present in turmeric. At the workplace, employees suffer a lot and come in contact with many injuries that are not good for health. Sometimes, dust, pollen grains, insect bites, swelling are direct attack the employees at the workplace. Curcumin supports our body in a healthy way like it helps in breathing, helps to maintain the tissues, healthy cells, and immune system. It helps in blood circulation and keeps our skin healthy. It is very effective at the time of injuries.
Dosage: 2 capsules in a day.
5. Yograj Guggul
Yograj guggul is responsible to maintain the wind that is vayu in our body that helps form our mental adaptability. It is very effective in the treatment of joints pains. Like in the workplace, the workers feel restless after the whole day of work and feel pain in their joints and muscles. So, Yograj guggul capsules are very helpful in that case. The ingredients present in Yograj guggul capsules are chitraka, long pepper root, yavani, karavi, jeeraka, cumin seed, devadaru, chavya, ela, rock salt, rasna, kushta, gokshura, danyaka, triphala, musta, trikatu, twak, usheera, barley, taleesapatra, patra, guggulu and ghee. It increases digestive power, helps to strengthen our bones, etc.
Dosage: 1-2 capsules in a day.
6. Brahmi Capsules
Brahmi capsules are very much effective in increases memory. It is pure and naturally made to enhance the functions of our brain. The learning, adaptability, and grabbing power increase of humans with the consumption of Brahmi capsules in working hours. People usually take Brahmi at the time of their presentations with their clients for a good meeting. It provides relief from stress.
Dosage: 2 capsules in a day.
7. Ashwagandha Capsules
Ashwagandha helps to maintain our tissues, nourishment of our muscles, and bones. At the workplace, people feel stress, anxiety, tiredness, insomnia, weakness, joint pains, etc. all are due to extra workloads. To reduce it, Ashwagandha helps us to prevent all diseases and increases our muscle power, joint power, immunity, strength in our body, stamina, etc.
Dosage: 2 capsules in a day.
8. Tulsi Capsules
The environment of factories and industries is full of billions of microorganisms which causes infections to our body. Here’s the planet Ayurveda offers Tulsi capsules that protect our body against various infections in a natural way by boosting our immunity. Hence, apart from strengthening immune system it also helps us in reducing Headache, abdominal upset, skin infections, hygienic related issues, fever, allergies, etc.
Dosage: 2 capsules in a day.
Every worker needs to follow all the safety measures to reduce the hazards that may harm the office workers. To reduce the adverse effects, everyone must follow hygienic plans to handle the tools and chemicals in industries with care. This will minimize the leaks, chemical exposures, spills, etc.
- Use general SOP’s: We all know that every chemical used in industries or factories has its unique hazards. So, there is a need to handle it properly with care. It is very important to establishing different protocols for training purposes in chemical industries. It reduces the risk of explosions. With this, we can also understand that covering chemicals with proper disposal in labs is also important.
- Airflow: In laboratories, the quality of air becomes so compromised that it is difficult to breathe. It is important to make proper ventilation. Exhaust tools are important in the name of safety at laboratories because it is the safest way to minimize the exposure. Every industry or laboratory maintains some gaps in between their machines, so that everyone works without any kind of difficulties, breathing problems, health issues, etc.
- Housekeeping: It is important in every office that floors must clean on time. Keeping floors dry will helps in preventing fall injuries and slips injuries. All the types of equipment used while cleaning must be at their appropriate positions. It reduces the chance of slips.
- Storeroom safety: It is very important in every organization to keeps its stockroom neat and clean. Try to gives all the stockroom responsibility to only one person. It can help to maintain the rules of proper organization. The key responsibilities of the stockroom keeper are to ensure about all the stock, duplicate orders are neither accepted nor distributed, expired stock of chemicals are dumped in the dumping area properly, etc. All the chemicals are properly put on their shelves. Before any usage of chemicals, always make a plan sheet for properly handling, disposing and storing it.
- Safety types of equipment: Follow all the signs and measure safety as a reminder of handling the product with safety. It is very important to install fire extinguishers, fire alarms, first aid kits, etc. on every floor of the organizations. So, in any case, if workers are exposed to chemicals can quickly use the tools in an emergency to reduce the effect of their exposure.
Hazards are unpredictable. Hazards can come from anywhere at any time. So, we must take care of it when we are at the office or home. People need to focus on various things that how we deal with hazards, not panic at the time of injuries, read full instructions before coming in contact with chemicals or machines, etc. Cleanliness is very important to keeps ourselves healthy. Many people feel various things that may hurt their health. So, in this article there herbal and homemade remedies that keep you healthy and safe. Planet Ayurveda offers many herbal medicines that are responsible for natural management of diseases with no side effects.
“Prevention is better than cure!”
Contact Planet Ayurveda Support Team to provide you the costing/ordering and delivery information at – firstname.lastname@example.org or Call at 0172-521-4030 (India), +91-172-521-4030 (Outside India) or Whatsapp at (+91) 9915-593-604.