In this article our main topic of discussion is a very common skin disease known as eruptive syringoma. As every individual desires to have clear skin, formation of eruptive lesions over the body might generate other mental health related issues such as depression as it will hamper the sound health of mind. Ayurveda deals with such malady by going into the base level of pathology and eliminating the root cause of disease (nidan parivarjan chikitsa). As it focuses on dealing with such ailment by doing detailed prakriti (nature) analysis, and then uses medications according to that by following basic principles of ayurveda out of which one is ‘tridosha theory’ (three principle energies of our body- vata, pitta and kapha) and another one is ‘panchamahabhuta theory’ (five basic elements of life- akash (sky), vayu (air), agni (fire), jal (water) and prithvi (mother earth). So let’s start discussing this in more detail.
It is a very rare type of syringoma in which there is a presence of pigmented papules on the anterior surface of the body. Generally syringoma is a benign tumour of the intraepidermal portion of eccrine sweat ducts. It is most commonly seen in females. There are various types of syringoma such as eruptive, linear, vulvar, penile, scalp, acral and plaque type. As per ayurveda we can correlate eruptive syringoma with “rakta pradoshaj vikar in svedo vaha srotas”. The human body is made up of seven dhatus- rasa (fluid in the body), rakta (blood), mansa (muscle tissue), meda (fat), asthi (bone structure), majja (bone marrow), shukra (Semen). Rakta is considered as the second dhatu in our body, it gets vitiated due to presence of pathology in the blood containing channels.
What is Svedovaha Srotas (Channel Carrying Sweat)?
Svedoavha srotas have their main residing seat in the medas dhatu (fat) and lomakupa (hair follicles). When there is vitiation of rakta dhatu in svedovaha srotas, it leads to the generation of disease in their associated structures.
These are the main factors (nidan as per ayurveda) that results in formation of an ailment.
- Formation of an obstruction in the sweat glands.
- Heredity plays a major role.
- Increased functioning of sweat glands
- Due to the presence of certain genetic disorders such as:
- Down syndrome
- Diabetes mellitus
- Marfan syndrome
According to Ayurveda:
The main causes of swedavaha srotas dushti are as follow:
- Excessive use of physical exercise
- Consumption of over heat
- Intake of cold and hot things in improper manner
- Krodha (anger)
- Shoak (grief)
- Bhaya (fear)
A symptom means the general complaints along with which patients present in front of the physician. Signs: It means what a physician notices himself by observing the patient’s condition.
According to Ayurveda:
The main symptoms of svedavaha srotas dushti are as follow:
- Loss of perspiration
- Excessive perspiration
- Parushya (coarseness)
- Atisalakshna (Over smoothness)
- Paridaha (Extensive burning sensation)
- Lomaharsh (Horripilation)
It includes the common diagnostic approaches we use to identify the disease.
- Through proper clinical evaluation of the patient by using following below listed techniques:
- Thorough and detailed history taking
- Ruling out family history
- Skin biopsy
- Histopathological study
According to Ayurveda:
The two most preferred diagnostic procedures used by a physician are as follow:
Trividh pariksha (Group of 3 diagnostic procedures)
- Darshan- Diagnosis is made by visual examination of the symptoms.
- Sparshan- Physician uses tactile examination to evaluate whether skin is cold/hot
- Prashan– Physicians ask direct questions from the patient, to evaluate the root cause of the disease i.e. history taking.
Asthavidh pariksha (set of 8 examination procedure)
- Nadi pariksha– By palpating the pulse rate of the patient.
- Mutra pariksha– By examining the urine of the patient.
- Mal pariksha– By stool examination.
- Jivha pariksha– By examining the tongue whether coated or not.
- Shabad pariksha– By listening to the natural sounds within the body like intestinal sound (peristalsis) sounds of moving body fluids.
- Sparsh pariksha– By observing the patient skin texture whether it is cool, wet or dry.
- Drik pariksha– When a physician inspects patient symptoms through his/her eyes.
- Akriti pariksha– When a physician evaluates the general appearance of a patient whether he/she looks dull, lethargic or fatigued etc.
According to modern system of medicines:
- Medication – Pouring small drops of trichloroacetic acid on the syringoma lesion that will lead to shrink their growth and after sometime they fall off from their surface.
- Laser removal of the lesion.
- Electric cauterization
- Manual excision of the lesion.
As per Ayurveda:
The main treatment modalities we use to treat eruptive syringoma are as follow:
A. Sanshodhan Chikitsa (Detoxification Procedure)-
- Sanehan- Smoothing the body dosha’s by using herbal ghrit/oil.
- Svedan– Semi-hot medicated kwath is sprayed on the patient’s body by a specially made swedan yantra (instrument).
- Vaman (emesis) – Emetic medicines are given to the patient to take out the vitiated dosha of the body.
- Virechana (Purgation) is the best technique to release out the pitta dosha from the body by anal route.
- Raktamokshan (bloodletting) -It is considered as “ardh chikitsa” (important as a whole treatment) by acharya shushruta because it helps in purifying the blood by removing harmful toxins from it.
B. Sanshaman Chikitsa (By Medication)
In this we control the disease by subsiding dosha within the body itself.
Planet Ayurveda is a leading herbal manufacturing unit serving mankind with their 100% organic products free from preservatives and chemical agents, made under the supervision of ayurveda experts. They offer various herbal formulations to be used in eruptive syringoma. Some of them are as follows:
1. Kanchnaar Guggul
This herbal formulation contains herbs like bark of Kanchnar (Bauhinia variegata), Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Pippali (Piper longum), Kali mirch (Piper nigrum) etc. Kanchanar is a best herb that works as “gandmala nashak” (aid in removing lymphadenopathy), the remaining herbs contain antibacterial properties. So this joint combination works really well in maintaining the healthy functioning of the lymphatic system of our body, so it will assist very efficiently in malady like eruptive syringoma.
Dosage: 1-2 tablets in a day with lukewarm water.
2. Curcumin Capsules
This herbal capsule contains pure extract of haridra (Curcuma longa). Haridra is a natural herb that promotes wound healing because it is a natural anti-inflammatory herb. It also contains krimighna property and also works as a very good herb in killing the harmful worms in the body. It also maintains healthy functioning of the immune system thus increases the disease combating power of our body so assists efficaciously in eruptive syringoma.
Dosage: 1-2 capsules two times a day with plain water
3. Manjishtha Capsules
This herbal capsule contains pure extract of manjishtha(Rubia cordifolia). This herb is clinically proven as the best blood purifier due to the active principles present in it. It helps in removing harmful toxins out from the blood. It also helps in removing the obstruction from the sweat channels thus proven as a great choice in eruptive syringoma.
Dosage: 1-2 capsules twice daily with plain water after meal.
4. Gandhak Rasayan
This herbal formulation contains shuddha gandhak (purified and detoxified sulphur). As gandhak is known for its tremendous benefits on skin functioning. It contains great anti-bacterial, antimicrobial and antiviral properties. It is known for its tridosha (vta, pitta and kapha) balancing property thus this classical formulation works profoundly in eruptive syringoma as well.
Dosage: 1-2 tablets twice daily with plain water after meals.
Contact Planet Ayurveda to provide you the costing / ordering and delivery information at – firstname.lastname@example.org or call at +91-172-5214030 Or Check Website – www.PlanetAyurveda.com
Now we can conclude that skin diseases like eruptive syringoma ayurveda show great results. Ayurveda is not just a system of healing but it tells us about the ideal way to live a life. Our acharya had already mentioned over thousands of years ago the benefits of following principles of dinacharya (day regime) and ritucharya (seasonal regime). In conditions like eruptive syringoma (benign tumor) if we follow the simple procedure mentioned in our classical text then we can surely save ourselves from such diseases. So opt (Planet ayurveda) we will help you in achieving this goal. It offers various herbal medicines and diet charts that will help you in curing the eruptive syringoma from its ground level. It is an herbal manufacturing unit situated at Mohali, Punjab. You can visit us directly at our clinic or can share your query on our email email@example.com.