Beauty is considered as a God gift and it is our duty to keep our mind and body healthy as well as beautiful because beauty is not just skin deep but also comes from within too. Always staying with the glowing and soft skin throughout the day, week, months, years is the dream of each and every girl or you can say human being. When the word beauty comes we think only about the women but it is a fact that men are more beauty conscious than the women as evolution also shows that male animals are more beautiful than the female animals. Some human beings are beautiful by birth and some want to become beautiful during their lifetime. But our lifestyle and some tasks related to the outdoors or household makes our skin hard and dull. At that time, the only question arises that can’t we restore our skin’s softness and its natural health in the growing age? Or is it really impossible? No. it is not impossible, we can rejuvenate our skin and keep it glowing and soft throughout our lifetime irrespective of the factors of growing age or seasonal changes.
Ayurveda and Skin
As per Ayurveda aspect, Aahar (Diet), Nidra (Sleep) and Brahmacharya are known as the Trayupastambha (three pillars) of life. These Trayupastambha (three pillars) contribute so much towards holistic health which includes healthy skin, but an unbalanced and unhealthy diet like artificial packaged drinks, junk food, improper timings of eating etc. hampers our first pillar i.e. Ahara (Diet). On the other hand, the sedentary and altered lifestyle, excessive use of screens like TV, computers, mobile phones is becoming responsible for hampering the other two pillars i.e. Nidra (Sleep) and brahmacharya . It is really necessary to control Trayupastambha to maintain our holistic health as well as skin. As we all know, Skin is the largest part of our body which needs more care because it reflects the complete health of a person. When a person becomes sick, the symptoms that first appear on the skin are wrinkles, dullness, pimples, dryness, acne, and change in the color of skin. In order to maintain healthy skin and natural aura we should work on it internally as well as externally.
Ayurveda also determined beauty by prakriti (Body constitution), sanhanan (compactness of body),sara (structural predominance), twak (skin completion), dirghayu lakshyana ( symptom of long life) and Praman (Measurement). Beauty is not only a source of joy but gives confidence and pride to some extent. According to Ayurveda, cosmetology started from dinacharya, ratricharya, ritu charya , medicinal herbs and minerals.
Skin Health Maintenance
To provide support and healing to the skin, we should take care of our dietary habits and manage daily activities in a good manner with a healthy diet and proper sleep. We generally discuss beauty as healthy sleep and sound sleep is very effective in maintaining beauty in a person. For external applications, there are numerous ways that not only maintain a beautiful and healthy skin but also help to keep our skin glowing forever. But, we need to choose the best from the alternatives available as all are not safe to use and also show a lot of adverse effects after a certain period of time. So, let us choose the best and the natural products to glow forever. Ayurveda has everything to heal us in the best and safest way, we only need to find and utilize it effectively. Skin is the largest organ of the body and sensitive part, so we cannot take a risk in destroying it. Maintaining is much better than regaining it when it becomes dull. To look and feel beautiful, we should follow six lines of treatment. These are:
1. Food and Diet
- The first and foremost rule to stay healthy with healthy skin is to have a diet which suit our body type i.e. Vata, Pitta, Kapha.
- Make a habit of taking three almonds which should be soaked in for overnight. Peeling away the brown skin is essential. These almonds are full of Prana (life), Satwa (clarity) and are the best anti aging food item.
- Fast should be done for at least one day in a week. On that day, one can take vegetable or fruit juices, water which are helpful in strengthening the digestive fire.
- Regular habit of routine food intake should be maintained.
- Eating raw fruit should be taken alone but should never be a part of your meal.
2. Ayurvedic Massage
- Touch is fundamental to our life and nourishing.
- Massage when done each and every day makes us look beautiful and younger. Use oil (Ayurvedic) which suits our skin type.
- Massage for about fifteen minutes to massage the whole body including the face specially concentrate on Marmas (vital) or our energy centres which will help to release if there is any blockage. Due to which energy starts flowing which will not only make us rejuvenated and feel fresh but also help us to look radiant and young.
- After having a massage one should take a warm shower or bath which is very important to wash the toxins from the skin surface.
- On alternate days, one should have steam to the face and after that one can apply a face mask (Ayurvedic) consisting of rose and sandalwood (act as skin rejuvenators).
3. Yoga and Breathing Exercises
- Exercise which stimulates circulation of the blood to the skin and face which brings oxygenated blood (fresh) to the face and skin.
- Downward facing dog poses cause muscles stretching of our body, especially legs and back which are helpful in improving blood circulation to the face and head region.
- Best exercise for the neck, head and face region is loin pose which improves strength of the muscles of the neck, face and head. It is effective in keeping wrinkles away from our face.
- Forward bending helps to keep our digestive system healthy and strong.
- Different types of breathing exercises like cleansing breath exercise, the nostril breathing alternatively (Anulom-Vilom) are highly beneficial.
- People who meditate regularly look more beautiful and enjoy younger looking skin than the persons who don’t.
4. Daily Lifestyle and Routine
- Gargle with warm sesame oil in the morning or keep the oil in the mouth for 2 minutes. This will help to remove impurities from our digestive system and help us to stay healthy. This will help to keep the teeth and gums strong and impart glow to the skin of the face naturally.
- Try to maintain it in your regular daily activities.
5. Some Beauty Treatments Procedures in Ayurveda
Ayurvedic remedies have been used to clear the skin, brighten eyes and strengthen hair. Anti-aging Ayurvedic treatments are very much popular and help us to look and feel younger and lead long and rejuvenated lives.
- Abhyanga (body massage): It will help to slow the aging and act as anti aging therapy.
- Marma Abhyanga: This is a special type of massage in which 107 Marmas are massaged inorder to release any type of blockage in the pathway of energy.
- Shiroabhyanga (Head massage): By this process various Marma are stimulated in both the neck and head region. This will help us to stay relaxed and calm, nourishes our scalp and strengthens our hair by giving them a healthy texture.
- Shirodhara (oil flow treatment): It will help to relax our brain and mind.
- Udvartana: This is a traditional massage which was given to the brides some weeks before the wedding and on the wedding This will stimulate the flow of energy in the body, nourish and detoxify body tissues, activate the skin’s metabolism and improve the flow to lymph. The Udvartana refines and cleanses the skin and provides the skin silky, soft texture and lustrous glow.
6. Natural Remedies from Planet Ayurveda
The cosmetic and beauty range of Planet Ayurveda give effective results for maintaining our skin health. These herbal cosmetics are made up with 100% natural ingredients which are safe to use for the long term because these are free from any chemicals, without any side effects. All these cosmetics are prepared under the guidance of Ayurveda experts with the help of the ancient Ayurvedic context in order to provide the best of natural products. Some of the best beauty products of Planet Ayurveda are as follows:
- Kumkumadi oil
- Aloe Vera Scrub Oil Control Face Wash
- Green Essential Gel Scrub
- Anti Aging Face Serum
- Blissful Bedtime Revitalizing Night Cream
- Rose Almond Honey Natural Face Polisher
1. Kumkumadi Oil
This herbal remedy will maintain and support healthy skin by making it shinier and smoother. This formulation is prepared using the best natural herbs such as Rakta Chandan (Pterocarpus santalinus), Yashtimadhu (Glycyrrhiza glabra), Kesar (Crocus sativus), Daruhaldi (Berberis aristata), Manjistha (Rubia cordifolia), Cow Milk, etc.
Method of application
- Wash the face properly, thoroughly and let dry your face.
- Take 10-15 drops of Kumkumadi oil and massage gently on the face.
- Leave it for about 10 to 15 minute.
- For best results, apply it daily before going to bed.
2. Aloe Vera Scrub Oil Control Face Wash
This is the combo of scrub and face wash in a single pack. This product is helpful in controlling the excess oil in the face and making skin dazzling. This formulation is prepared using the natural extracts of Rose petals (Rosa centifolia), Neem leaves (Azadirachta indica), Licorice leaves (Glycyrrhiza glaabraimadhi), along with Aloe Vera gel (Aloe barbadensis), Glycerin, etc. for oily skin.
Method of Application
- Take a little amount of it and apply it to a wet face.
- Massage gently in circular motions
- Then gently wash the face with water.
- Repeat 1-2 times a day or when required.
3. Green Essential Gel Scrub
Green essential Gel Scrub is a mixture of natural ingredients which are beneficial for maintaining healthy skin and removing the dead skin cells by restoring the natural glow of skin. Some ingredients of this scrub are Aloe gel (Aloe barbadensis), Green tea extract (Camellia sinensis), Glycerin etc.
Method of Application
- Mix a small quantity of scrub with a few drops of water on the palm of the hand.
- Lightly massage on the skin surface, and then rinse with lukewarm water.
- Follow with an appropriate mask and use twice in a week.
4. Anti Aging Face Serum
Anti-aging Face Serum of Planet Ayurveda provides proper nourishment to the skin and can be used as a base before applying other cosmetic products. It is very beneficial as it is an important part of facial treatment. This is prepared using the extracts of mulberry, and orange peel, along with Vitamin E, Argan Oil and other natural ingredients.
Method of Application
- Apply to the face and neck daily following cleansing and before applying other cosmetic products.
- Can be used for all-over facial treatment or applied to specific target areas such as under the eye or around the mouth.
- Daily use of a face serum is recommended as part of a healthy skin care regimen.
5. Blissful Bedtime Revitalizing Night Cream
The natural ingredients are mixed to make the blissful bedtime revitalizing night cream the best natural moisturizer which repairs the dry skin overnight and helps in maintaining the overall skin health. These ingredients are Vitamin E, Aloe Vera extract (Aloe barbadensis), Sunflower seed oil (Helianthus annuus), Olive Fruit Oil (Olea europaea), Shea Butter (Vitellaria paradoxa), Sweet almond oil (Prunus dulcis) and others.
Method of Application
- Apply a little quantity of cream onto your fingertips and apply this cream to the entire face including neck in the upward strikes.
- You have to use it in the evening time or whenever you need to moisturize your skin.
6. Rose Almond Honey Natural Face Polisher
This has been formulated in order to provide refreshment with gentle exfoliation which scrub off the dead skin cells making the skin supple and soft. There are two main ingredients: Rose extract (Rosa centifolia) and Honey, rose extract provides a cooling and soothing effect to the skin and other hand honey provides nourishment to the skin.
Method of Application
- It can be used for gentle scrubbing over the body and face.
Contact Planet Ayurveda to provide you the costing / ordering and delivery information at – email@example.com or call at +91-172-5214030 Or Check Website – www.PlanetAyurveda.com
Many companies said that they have branded products for hair care, skin care hair care, essential oils and soaps. Due to the presence of harmful chemicals in beauty products consumers’ interest increased in natural cosmetics. The Planet Ayurveda formulations have to be tested with an evidence based approach in scientific trials. Hence, these herbal products are best as they are prepared in order to provide the best and effective results at very reasonable prices. One can easily add these in daily use of cosmetics to spread and maintain remarkable ambiance forever. For more skin health products of Planet Ayurveda, you can visit store.planetayurveda.com. Where you can find many other products also for skin health as well as skin problems after discussing with well experienced Ayurveda doctors of Planet Ayurveda