Reference – Bhaishajya-Ratnavali Jwaradhikar 163/842-843
Kaphaketu rasa is a herbo-mineral composition. It is effective in fever, cough and dyspnea.
- Pippali Churna (Powder of Piper longum)
- Shuddha Vatsanabha (Aconitum ferox)
- Shankha Bhasma
- Shuddha Suhaga (Citrus tankan)
Description of Main Ingredients
- Pippali Churna (Powder of Piper longum) – It helps in improving digestive power by stimulating digestive fire. It is a good appetizer and mild laxative. It is helpful in anorexia, loss of appetite, fever etc.
- Shuddha Vatsanabha (Aconitum ferox) – Vatsnabha is used as medicine after detoxification. It has antipyretic and analgesic properties. It improves digestion and provides strength to the digestive system.
Quantity of Ingredients
All the drugs in equal quantity i.e. 50 gms each.
Method of Preparation
- Properly mix all the drugs in a kharal stone.
- Then give 3 bhavna with the extracts of Adraka (Zingiber officinale).
- Make 125 mg tablets and let them dry.
- Kept these tablets in a glass container.
It is an Ayurvedic formulation. It is effective in respiratory disorders. The ingredients in this formulation are helpful in improving digestion and also useful in pacifying Kapha dosha.
- Throat infections
2 tablets twice a day with honey or with the extracts of Adraka (Ginger).
Take under the medical supervision.