Blood pressure is the force exerted by circulating blood on the walls of blood vessels. Hypotension is a typical benign condition which is under-recognized because it is asymptomatic. This becomes a concern only when it becomes difficult to perfuse organs with oxygenated blood. Abnormal absorption of nutrients to vital organs such as brain, heart, kidney, etc. don’t function normally. Balanced blood pressure also depends on lifestyle and dietary habits. Adapting natural and holistic methods of healing can manage the ailments in a better way.
Low blood pressure is also called hypotension. It might be desirable, that in some people it causes no problems. Many people low blood pressure can cause dizziness and fatigue. Hypotension can be life-threatening in severe cases. Normally blood pressure is 120/80mmHg but blood pressure reading lower than 90mmHg (systolic) for the top number or 60mmHg (diastolic) for the bottom number is considered low blood pressure.
Causes of low Blood Pressure
Some of the common causes which may trigger the blood pressure are as follows-
- It depending on body position, breathing rhythm
- Physical condition
- Stress level
- Medications(Diuretics, Alpha-blockers, Beta-blockers, etc.)
- Unhealthy diet and sedentary lifestyle
- Some medical conditions that can cause low blood pressure – Pregnancy, Heart problems (Bradycardia, heart valve problems, heart attack, heart failure), Dehydration, Endocrine problems(Parathyroid disease, Addison’s disease, Hypoglycemia), Severe infection (septicemia) Blood loss, etc.
- Lack of nutrients in your diet.
Types of low Blood Pressure
Hypotension categories depending on the causes and another factor
- Orthostatic, or postural hypotension (low blood pressure on standing up)
- Postprandial hypotension ( low blood pressure after eating )
- Neurally mediated hypotension (low blood pressure from faulty brain signals)
- Multiple system atrophy with orthostatic hypotension (low blood pressure due to nervous system damage).
What are the Signs and Symptoms of Low Blood Pressure?
Some of the common symptoms in this condition are as follows-
- Lack of concentration
- Syncope (fainting)
- Blurred vision
- Increased thirst
- A feeling of lightheadedness
Ayurvedic Aspect of Low Blood Pressure
In Ayurveda, low blood pressure is called NyunaRaktchap. NyunaRaktchap (low blood pressure) is the result of the weakness of the digestive fire. Vitiated Tridosha Vata, Pitta, Kapha can lead to NyunaRaktchap.
- Vata: It due to poor circulation of blood.
- Pitta: It is caused due to anemic conditions and affected function of the liver.
- Kapha: NyunaRaktchap can happen when there is stagnation and congestion in the body which reduces the blood flow.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Low Blood Pressure
In planet Ayurveda, some natural supplements are very helpful in maintaining low blood pressure. All the herbal formulation manufactured here are 100% pure, natural, vegetarian and free from any kind of chemicals, preservatives, fillers, binders, etc. For natural management of blood pressure they have formulated some herbal formulations like Arjun tea, Ashwagandha capsules, Daily essentials and Wheat grass powder.
1. Arjun Tea
Terminalia arjuna, commonly known as Arjuna is healthy for overall health but it also works for blood pressure. This herbal tea from planet Ayurveda is formulated from Arjuna (Terminalia arjuna), punarnava (Boerhaviadiffusa), PipalTvak (Ficusreligiosa), Dalchini (Cinnamomumzeylanica) and Choti elaichi (Elettariacardamomum). Regular use of this tea improves activity of overall heart by stregthning heart muscles. It is also beneficial in reducing various symptoms like breathlessness and maintains healthy cholesterol levels.
Dosage– It is recommended to take 1 cup once daily.
2. Ashwagandha Capsules
Ashwagandha knows as Withania somnifera, poison gooseberry or winter cherry. Ashwagandha capsules from Planet Ayurveda are prepared using the pure root extracts of herb Ashwagandha in it. These capsules are effective in reducing stress, decreasing anxiety levels, tension and promotes healthy sleep for relaxed mind. Ashwagandha is considered as amazing nervine tonic which soothes nerves and relives numbness effectively.
Dosage– 1-2 capsules twice daily after meals.
3. Daily Essentials
Daily essentials best herbal supplement for maintaining health and a hundred percent natural product & pure vegetarian formula consist medicinally important herbs like Grape seed (Vitisvinifera), Cow colostrum (Bovine colostrums), Bhumi Amla (Phyllanthus niruri) and Green tea (Camellia sinensis). Daily essentials supports healthy immune system, removes toxins from the body and provides longevity.
Dosage– 1-2 capsules thrice daily after Meals.
4. Wheatgrass Powder
Wheat grass is a pure herbal product which contains young wheat (Triticumaestivum) which maintains a healthy digestive system and overall health. This herb is an amazing blood purifier by flushing out the toxins from the body and stimulates whole immune system. Wheat grass helps in lowering high blood pressure and improves digestion which will maintain overall wellbeing naturally without any side effects.
Dosage– 1teaspoonful mixed in a glass of water, 2-3 times daily.
Home Remedies for Low Blood Pressure
Some of the home remedies which can be applied in our daily lives for maintain healthy body are discussed below.
- Have adequate salt-increasing sodium intake moderately to help raise blood pressure. Excessive salt diet is very harmful to the human health body, but another hand it is required in moderate quantities.
- Drink 2-3 liters water daily.
- Drink more fluid-like lemon juice, carrot juice, coconut water, Aam Panna and pomegranate juice.
- A cup of coffee help to maintain low blood pressure temporarily.
- Every morning chew 5-7 basil (Tulsi) leaves.
- Avoid intake of alcoholic and carbonated beverages.
- Wear compression stocking because stockings help reducing the amount of blood that gets caught in the lower leg and feet.
- Almonds, milk, munakka (Sultana currant) and green tea is also helpful in low blood pressure.
- Avoid sudden position changes sitting up or standing up rapidly can cause a feeling of dizziness and lightheadedness.
Practicing Yoga and exercises can improve health and manage conditions of hypotension-
- Kapalbhati Pranayama
- Bhastrika Pranayama
- Suryabhedi Pranayama