Knee pain is becoming very popular problem now days due to change in life-style. It is a very common condition that occurs due to constant wear and tear of knee joint. The location of pain in knee joint vary it may occur near femur, tibia, fibula, patella or cartilage and ligaments. Common cause of pain in knees include ligament injuries, dislocation of knee joint, stiffness in joints, meniscus injuries, fractures, chronic ailments, stiffness in joint due to arthritis and osteoarthritis.
Women are main prone to knee pain as compared to men. Lack of vitamin D, iron and calcium in the body weakens joint that may be reason for pain in knee. The severity of knee pain may vary and include symptoms like inflammation, redness, swelling and stiffness. Arthritis and Osteoarthritis are the main reason for knee joint pain.
Rheumatoid arthritis: is a chronic inflammatory disorder that occurs due to a weak immune system. It causes the joint pain, stiffness, fatigue and pain in knee joints. This begins mostly in ages 40-60 years.
Osteoarthritis: is inflammation of joints that results from degeneration of cartilage. In this case stiffness, swollen joint, cracking sounds in joints and knee joint pain also occur. This arthritis mostly occur after age of 55 years. In males it occur before age of 45 year.
According to Ayurveda the main cause of knee joint is imbalance of three energies (vata, pitta and kapha) in body. Mainly vata and kapha doshas are imbalanced in knee pain. Ayurvedic herbs are best way to get relieve from knee pain naturally.
So here we are discussing some natural ayurvedic remedies that will cure knee pain:
This herb is used from ancient time for its medicinal values. It possesses antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, analgesic and digestive properties. These properties will cure pain, inflammation, swelling and stiffness of knee joints.
- Take one teaspoon of fenugreek seeds in a glass of water. Soak it overnight and drink this mixture on an empty stomach.
- You can take one teaspoon of fenugreek seeds powder with lukewarm water at bedtime.
- Include fenugreek leaves as a vegetable in your diet.
This herb contains curcumin that is the main active ingredient in turmeric. It possesses antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties. The turmeric herb will help to relieve knee pain naturally.
- Take one teaspoon of turmeric powder adds it in a glass of lukewarm water. Drink this mixture daily.
- Mix two tablespoons of turmeric powder, one pinch of limestone and two tablespoons of honey. Use this mixture on affected area of knee. Bandage it with a cotton cloth. Cover it overnight and wash it with lukewarm water in the morning.
- Take few pieces of turmeric root add it to two cup of water. Boil it for ten minutes. Strain this mixture and drink this herbal teas as it will cure arthritis and osteoarthritis too.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar
The alkalizing effect of this vinegar helps to remove harmful toxins from knee joints. It acts as a joint lubricants that will reduce mobility and joints pain related to Arthritis and Osteoarthritis.
- Take two teaspoon of Apple cider vinegar in two cups of water. Drink this mixture daily.
- Add two cups of apple cider vinegar in a hot water bath tub. Soak the affected area of knee for thirty minutes. Do this once for few days.
- You can also massage your knees by adding one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and olive oil each. Massage your knee joint twice daily for effective results.
This is one of the most common herb of Ayurveda used for knee joint pain. It provides effective result in Arthritis, Osteoarthritis, muscle strain, stiffness and swelling condition. The herb possesses anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antioxidant properties.
- Take small pieces of fresh ginger roots, add one cup of water. Boil this mixture for ten minutes. Strain this mixture and drink it daily.
- You can massage your knee joints with ginger oil twice daily.
5. Mustard Oil
This oil relieves knee joint pain naturally as it shows anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antioxidant properties. It will improve blood circulation of knee joints and relieves knee pain.
- Take two tablespoons of mustard oil, heat it, fry one chopped garlic clove in it until it turns brown. Massage your painful area of knee joint with this oil in circular motion. Wrap your knees with plastic, paper and put a warm towel for a minute. Do this twice daily for best results with Arthritis and Osteoarthritis conditions too.
These all are some natural ayurvedic remedies easily available at home. Regular use of these remedies will relieve your from knee pain.