Endometriosis: Endometriosis is a painful, chronic disorder in which the tissues which are lined at the uterus known as endometrium, which starts growing outside the uterus. The growth is mostly in pelvic area which includes fallopian tubes, ovaries, pelvic lining but in few cases, It can also spread to other parts of the body which are outside the pelvic area especially behind the reproductive system. This disorder mainly affects the women reproductive organs. Through endometriosis, there is the formation of abnormal bands of fibrous tissues, which leads to pelvic tissues and organs to stick together. Endometriosis can cause severe pain especially during your menstruation period and infertility issues may also develop in some case.
Earlier Symptoms of Endometriosis
- Painful periods
- Pelvic pain
- Pain during Intercourse
- Heavy menstrual bleeding
- Lower back pain during your periods
- Abdomen pain before and during your periods
- Pain during bowel movement
Risk factors of Endometriosis
- Uterine abnormalities
- Ovarian cancer
- Starting your periods at an early age
- Short menstrual cycles
- A higher level of estrogen in the body
- Excessive alcohol consumption
Endometriosis and Infertility
Endometriosis is strongly associated with infertility. Almost 40% of women with infertility will have endometriosis. The main reason behind it, during endometriosis distortion of the fallopian tubes, can occur so that our fallopian tubes are enabled to pick up the egg after ovulation. Basically, the endometriosis is a disorder which mostly attacks on the female reproductive organ. It causes the inflammation that can undesirably affect the function of fallopian tubes, ovaries, uterus, and egg.
Natural Treatments For Endometriosis
Most of the people think that- surgery is the only way through which we can eradicate this problem, but they all are wrong. There are plenty of natural ways or the home remedies through which a person can get relief from symptoms of Endometriosis. It is important for the women’s who are trying to manage the condition should follow these natural ways.
1. Castor Oil
Castor oil has been used for the treatment of Endometriosis from centuries. It is one of best natural treatment which is used before your menstrual flow to reduce the menstruation pain and cramping. It can help to relax your pelvic muscles and act as a warm compressor. Castor oil helps the body to get rid of excess tissues. Due to its anti-inflammatory property, it is very effective at relieving cramps.
- Place 1-2 tablespoons of Castor oil on your stomach.
- Gentle massage for 5-10 minutes with your fingers.
Turmeric is the rich source of a potent bioactive compound curcumin which is very effective in reducing the symptoms of Endometriosis. Turmeric has a strong anti-inflammatory property which provides relief from menstruation pain during endometriosis. The recent studies show that the bioactive compounds in turmeric have the ability to inhibit the endometrial growth.
- Add one teaspoon of turmeric powder in one cup of water.
- Boil this mixture for 5 minutes.
- Cool down and add a few drops of honey to it.
- You can also add ginger powder along with turmeric powder
- Drink this 3-times a day.
Vegetables such as Broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, and kale which are helpful to improve estrogen metabolism in the body which is directly associated with endometriosis. The phytochemical such as flavones are present in the celery and parsley which inhibits the activity of aromatase, an enzyme which plays a crucial role in the conversion of androgen to estrogen.
- Add broccoli, cabbage, kale, and other leafy vegetables in your diet.
- You can also add them to your salad
- Avoid overcooking
Flaxseeds are the rich source of omega-3 fatty acids. Two omega fatty acids such as EPA and DHA can help in reducing the level of prostaglandin E2 which is an inflammatory compound and causing pain. Flaxseeds are also high in lignans and fibers which are also helpful in improving the estrogen-related misbalance in the body.
- Add flaxseeds in your salad, and another food item.
- You can also add them to your smoothies.
5. Ginger Tea
Ginger tea provides relief from nausea, menstrual cramps, and abdominal pain during endometriosis. In addition to great benefits for the digestive system, this amazing warming and caffeine free Ginger tea also provide relief from endometriosis symptoms due to its great anti-inflammatory and antioxidant property. It fights against nausea, inflammation, cold and sore throat.
- Boil 1-2 slices of ginger roots in one cup of water for 5-10 minutes.
- Strain, steep and add few drops of honey to it.
- Drink this tea 2 times a day.
You can also eradicate this problem by using pineapple juice. Pineapple has great healing properties which provide relief from this disorder. Bromelain is an enzyme present in pineapple which helps in reducing the swelling and inflammation during endometriosis.
- Make fresh juice of pineapple using blender or juicer.
- Drink this juice regularly for few days until you get relief from endometriosis.
Honey is best known for its anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, and healing properties. Instead of using it as sugar substitutes you can also add this home remedy in your diet for reducing the endometriosis symptoms. This will also help for reducing the inflammation in the reproductive organs during endometriosis.
- Add 1-2 tablespoon of honey to one glass of warm water.
- Drink it early morning daily with an empty stomach.
- This will helps to reduce pain and swelling in the abdomen.
Worst Food for Endometriosis Patient
A person who is suffering from this disorder should avoid:
- Gluten-containing foods
- Red meat
- Soya products
All the natural treatments which are mentioned above are really very effective for the person who is suffering from endometriosis. Instead of these natural remedies, there are few herbs such as Shallaki (Boswellia serrata), curcumin (Curcuma longa), Ashwagandha, Ashok (Saraca indica), and Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus), which also shows effective results
- What are the early symptoms of endometriosis?
- Can dairy products cause endometriosis?
- What are the effective herbs for endometriosis?
- Can endometriosis be treated naturally?
- How endometriosis is associated with infertility?