Hypogonadism can be defined as a condition in which sex glands begin to produce a small amount or no sex hormones. The sex glands are also known as gonads, so hypogonadism means decreased activity of sex glands. Basically, testes are sex glands of males while sex glands in females are ovaries. These glands produce sex hormones which regulates secondary sex characteristics like development of testicular in males, development of breast in females and growth of pubic hairs. Sex hormones are also necessary for sperm production in males and menstrual cycle in females.
Hypogonadism is also called as Gonad deficiency due to decreased serum testosterone level or andropause when it occurs in males.
Types of Hypogonadism
Hypogonadism is further classified into two categories, which are:
- Primary Hypogonadism: In this type of hypogonadism, Gonads are no longer capable of producing sex hormones as instructed by the brain. Gonads are receiving signals from the brain for producing sex hormones but due to some problem in gonads, they are not able.
- Secondary Hypogonadism : In secondary hypogonadism, problems occur somewhere in the brain. Hypothalamus and pituitary gland present in the brain may undergo some problems as they regulate the functioning of gonads and production of sex hormones.
Causes of Hypogonadism
Causes of primary hypogonadism and secondary hypogonadism are different. Different factors are involved in causing these both hypogonadism types.
Primary hypogonadism include:
- Kidney and liver diseases
- Autoimmune disorders like Hypoparathyroidism and Addison’s disease
- Genetic disorder such as Klinefelter syndrome and Turner syndrome
- Extreme infections, majorly mumps involving testicles
- Undescended testes
- Prolonged exposure to radiation
- Surgery of sexual organs
Secondary hypogonadism may develop due to:
- Genetic disorders like Kallmann syndrome
- Infections such as HIV
- Disorders in Pituitary
- Deficiency of nutrients
- Prolonged use of opioids or steroids
- Having injury on hypothalamus or pituitary gland
- Brain surgery
- Inflammatory diseases
- Development of tumor in or near the pituitary gland
Symptoms of Hypogonadism
Signs and symptoms of hypogonadism differ in males and females because their sex glands are different which produces sex hormones in their body.
Symptoms of hypogonadism in females include:
- Hot flushes
- Lack of menstruation
- Slow or no breast growth
- Body hair loss
- Decreased or no sex drive
- Discharge of milky substance from breasts
Symptoms of hypogonadism in males are:
- Muscle loss
- Hot flushes
- Loss of body hairs
- Difficulty in concentration
- Decreased penis growth and testicles growth
- Enlarged male breast (gynecomastia)
- Erectile dysfunction
Risk Factors of Hypogonadism
Here are several factors triggering the risk of hypogonadism in an individual:
- Family history of hypogonadism
- Being obese
- Undergoing radiation or chemotherapy
Complications of Hypogonadism
Taking no proper treatment of hypogonadism for a long duration can give rise to other body complications such as:
- Abnormal genitalia
- Erectile dysfunction
- Lack of self-esteem
- Enlarged male breast (gynecomastia)
Diagnosis of Hypogonadism
To diagnose hypogonadism, your doctor may perform a physical examination to confirm that your sexual development is at normal level according to your age. Doctors may examine your sexual organs, body hair or muscle mass to check any abnormal changes. Several tests may also be recommended by your doctor such as:
- Hormone test: If your doctor suspect about hypogonadism, then firstly he check the level of your sex hormones. He will perform a blood test to know the level of luteinizing hormone and Follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) in your blood. These sex hormones are produced by pituitary gland. In females, the level of estrogen is checked in the blood while the testosterone levels are checked in males.
- Imaging tests: Imaging tests are quite useful in diagnosis of hypogonadism. Checking of problems including polycystic ovary syndrome and ovarian cysts are done by creating an image of ovaries by ultrasound. MRI and CT scans can also be performed to detect any tumor in the pituitary gland.
Treatment of Hypogonadism
Ayurvedic medicines are very effective in treating hypogonadism permanently from its root cause in a natural manner or without showing any side effect. By following basic fundamentals given in ancient Ayurvedic literature, Plane Ayurveda has prepared some wonderful remedies by using high quality extract of some beneficial herbs. These medicines are the outcome of prolonged study and research of a team of expert MD Ayurveda Doctors. They ensured that these products must be fully vegetarian and natural, that is why no chemical, preservative, color, starch, binder, or any synthetic material is used in manufacturing these products. Take a look at these marvelous remedies.
Herbal Remedies for Hypogonadism By Planet Ayurveda
1. Male Support Formula
Male support formula is formulated by Planet Ayurveda by using high quality extract of Shilajit (Black bitumen), Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) and Gokshura (Tribulus terrestris) herbs. All these herbs are known for their effects in treatment of various diseases. Consumption of these capsules will improve sexual pleasure, stamina, strength, and confidence as well as maintain healthy circulation of blood and oxygen to the tissues of penis, thereby increasing erectile strength. One can get easy relief from hypogonadism by consuming these capsules.
Dosage: 2 capsules twice a day with normal water after meals.
2. Atirasadi Churna
It is a classical ayurvedic formulation consist blend mixture of thirteen herbs such as Kali musli (Curculigo orchioides), Safed behmen (Centaurea behen), Taalmakhana (Hygrophila spinosa), Vidari kand (Pueraria tuberosa), etc. All these herbs are very beneficial in enhancing the health of male reproductive system by increasing the semen quality, sexual stamina, treating erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation, stress, anxiety and various other sexual disorders.
Dosage: 1 teaspoonful twice daily with normal water after meals.
3. Tribulus Power
Planet Ayurveda made Tribulus power capsules with the best quality extract of Gokshura (Tribulus terrestris) herb which is very advantageous in increasing testosterone levels, libido, stamina, sperm count, and treat erectile dysfunction, infertility, kidney stones, hypertension and infections of bladder and urinary tract.
Dosage: 2 capsules two times a day with normal water after meals.
4. Musli Strength Capsules
Herbs like Safed musli (Chlorophytum borivilianum) and Gokshura (Tribulus terrestris) are consumed for preparation of musli strength capsules in the house of Planet Ayurveda. These capsules are specially prepared for strengthening the reproductive system in both males and females. Benefits of musli strength capsules include improving stamina, confidence, fertility, sexual performance and preventing sexual discomforts or various other related disorders.
Dosage: 2 capsules twice daily, with normal water after meals.
Contact Planet Ayurveda to provide you the costing / ordering and delivery information at – firstname.lastname@example.org or call at +91-172-5214030 Or Check Website – www.PlanetAyurveda.com
Maintaining good sexual health is necessary to run generations of your family while diseased sexual health can ruin your life with your partner and give you a lot of troubles to reproduce. So, use above given herbal remedies and treat your hypogonadism by keeping your body natural.