As the whole world is locked down and quarantined, worried about health and their loved ones. But, after arranging groceries, daily essentials, preparing meals, etc. We still got some time, right?? Everyone one is stressed about skin care as salons and parlours are no longer in service. However, as we all are in a pause and God has given us opportunity for self-care. This is a great period to pamper yourself and maintain ourselves. If you are really feeling stucked, thinking ways to kill the boredom and hacks to maintain yourself, you got to read this further!!
What are the Basic Procedures for Getting Flawless Skin?
These days even if you are working from home or a full time mum, we have extra moments and you all can work and yell at the same time at kids with a mask on. Here are the basic three easy steps for flawless skin-
- Cleansing – It involves cleansing your face properly.
- Toning – It refers to balancing your skin.
- Moisturizing – Hydrating and softening of skin.
Beauty skin care routines are great opportunities to evolve and notice change in yourself. It’s not about adding perfection but about self-care.
Ayurvedic Skin Care Routines
You might found this strange but your body dosha might relates to your skin type and it’s requirement may vary accordingly. See and analyse it yourself and decide your own skin care regime. Here are simple ways given below-
1. What’s Your Dosha?
Analysing and knowing your dosha might help you to determine the perfect skin care routine which will suit you best. For instance, people with Vata dosha (Air + water) possess delicate and dry skin along with wrinkles; those with Pitta dosha (Fire + earth) dosha mostly have oily skin, enlarged pores, pimples, blackheads and eczema.
2. Cleansing and Exfoliating
Cleansing and exfoliation gently purifies beneficial in restoring skin adequate levels of moisture. You know what? You don’t need any market based products or from beauty stores now. Here’s how you can make your own Ayurvedic and natural cleansers.
How to Prepare?
First combine 2 cups of chickpea flour, 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder, 1 teaspoon Neem powder and 1 teaspoon of triphala powder. Then, according to your unbalanced dosha you can add the following ingredients in your cleansers-
- For Vata – 1 teaspoon of honey can do wonders.
- For Pitta – Add 1/4th teaspoon of properly chopped mint.
- For Kapha – Add 1 teaspoon of honey along with 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice.
Benefits of Ingredients in This Cleanser
- Chickpea flour – This is also known as gram or besan flour which gently softens, moisturize and exfoliate the dead skin.
- Triphala – Triphala is a Ayurvedic 3- fruit formula which detoxify and tone the skin. It consists of 3 fruits i.e. Amalaki, Bibhitaki and Haritaki. Here are the role of each fruit-
- Amalaki – Indian gooseberry promotes collagen synthesis and elasticity of skin. It supports rejuvination of skin and protects it from foreign invaders.
- Bibhitaki – This is a natural detoxifier, which ultimately leads to microcirculation in all layers of skin.
- Haritaki – Haritaki is considered as an natural toner which flushes out toxins from our skin. It is a well-known skin rejuvinative agent.
- Neem – Neem is overloaded with anti-bacterial, anti- inflammatory, anti-oxidants, etc. properties which provides soothing, beautifying and purifying effects in skin.
- Turmeric – Also being used in Indian cooking, religious ceremonies but has also done wonders in skin care. It improves the complexion and tone of skin.
Natural Scrubs and Masks for Healthy Glowing Skin
Every girl is battling to find best natural and herbal product which suits her skin type perfectly. So, check out these homemade masks and scrubs and give a toast to a lifetime gorgeous, radiant and glowing skin. For exfoliation it will be a nice practise if you do this procedure every week or so.
- For Vata type skin – You need a combination of 1 teaspoon organic sugar and ginger powder or you have to add 1 teaspoon of ground oatmeal and few petals. Grind all the contents to give it a fine paste like consistency by adding little amount of water. Then gently massage this in circular motion for few minutes and rinse it with lukewarm water.
- For Kapha type skin – Add a teaspoon of cardamom powder, 1 teaspoon sugar and water to make it in paste form. Or you can mix 1 teaspoon cornmeal and honey together. Massage with this gently and mix it off with the help of water.
- For Pitta type skin – For cooling effect, people with this skin type you can apply mixture of 1 teaspoon organic sugar and coriander poy mixed in adequate amount of water. Massage it gently all over face in circular motion and wash it with cool water.
Weekly Face Masks Which is an Another Ritual for Glowing and Healthy Skin
- A soothing and calming face mask for Vata- type skin can be made from mashed avacado and chickpea flour, which are both nourishing agents. Apply to your skin and leave it untouched for 15-20 mins and wash it with warm water, see the magic yourself.
- For Pitta – type skin you can make an amazing mask with clay and honey. Leave it for 15 -20 minutes till it hardens and rinse it properly with cool water.
- Mixture of 1 teaspoon honey and 1 teaspoon fresh yogurt can be a best face mask for Kapha – type skin. Apply this on your face and rinse off with warm water.
Face Packs Based on Skin Conditions
It’s obvious that list of skin problems is very long, but we need to protect our skin from acne, blackheads, wrinkles, aging, etc. Read on to find out some of the most efficient and effective face masks that too from natural ingredients.
1. For Acne
Green tea or Aloe vera and Turmeric face mask
How to use ?
- Take 2 teaspoon of fresh Aloe vera gel and mix 1 teaspoon of turmeric or green tea.
- Blend all the ingredients to form into a paste.
- Keep it applied on face for 10-20 minutes.
Aloe vera is a natural calming agent which gives soothing effect on acnes as it contains salicylic acid and sulfur. Turmeric and green tea will control oil secretion from glands.
2. For Blackheads
We all sometimes find it very difficult to remove Black heads, right ? Honey and milk are two great lubricants which helps in pulling out dirt from the pores and soothe the affected area. So, all you need to do is mix 1/2 cup of milk and add 2 teaspoons of honey. Apply this mixture with the help of cotton ball and let it dry for 10-15 minutes. Later rinse it off with warm water.
3. For Sun Tanned Skin
Multani mitti, which is also known as Fuller’s earth is very effective in absorbing all impurities from the pores and promotes the circulation in cappilaries present in skin. Beside removing fan it is also helpful in removing dead skin. You can add tomato juice in this Multani mitti pack which helps in lightning skin tone and induce the process of melanin formation.
How to Apply?
Add one teaspoon of multani mitti, 1/2 teaspoon of sandalwood powder, 1 teaspoon tomato juice and Rosewater to make a fine smooth paste. Apply this tremendous mixture all over your face, avoid area around your eyes. Keep it still for few minutes. Rinse it off after 10-15 minutes.
Going out everytime for parlours and salons is not only cost effective but also involve chemical based treatments. So, if you have a better alternative to get flawless skin then no one can stop you from getting fabulous skin. As we continue our journey, keep this in mind that beauty comes from a loving heart and calm mind. So, keep smiling, nourish yourself and be happy. This is just a phase it will pass too.