Cutaneous mucosa comes under skin condition that includes nails, hair, and mucous membrane. Everyone wants healthy skin, if there are small rash or pigmentation on the skin, the person gets worried. Imagine what happens if someone is suffering from any skin condition, like Cutaneous mucosa. When it comes to managing the condition, natural remedies are the appropriate treatment. Ayurveda manages the cutaneous mucosa naturally with herbs and herbal remedies.
Cutaneous mucinosis also termed as mucinosis of the skin refers to a combination of conditions that involve the accumulation of mucin or glycosaminoglycans in the skin.
Age predilection: Adults are affected the most. Children are not affected.
Types of Cutaneous Mucinosis (أنواع الداء الجلدي الجلدي)
- Follicular mucinosis
- Cutaneous focal mucinosis
- Pretibial Myxedema
- Reticular Erythematous mucinosis
- Diffuse myxedema
- Lichen Myxedematosus
- Involves or affects hair-bearing skin.
- Cause: due to the accumulation of mucin in the walls of the hair follicles.
- Location: Neck, scalp, head
- Rare or uncommon inflammatory disorder
- Complication: Mycosis fungoides
- Diagnosis: By skin Biopsy.
- Symptoms: Follicular papules or indurated plaques at prime locations.
Cutaneous Focal Mucinosis (التهاب الغشاء المخاطي الجلدي)
- Involves solitary nodules or a papule formation on the skin.
- Asymptomatic solitary lesion.
- Multiple focal mucinosis lesions are associated with systemic disease.
- Etiology: The cause is unknown and is regarded as a nonneoplastic reactive lesion.
A. Scleroderma (Chest Syndrome) (تصلب الجلد (متلازمة الصدر)
- Is a rare disease
- Gender Prediction: Greater in women.
- Age Prediction: Between 30-50 years of age.
- Etiology: unknown but due to the overproduction of collagen.
- Localized SC: Greater in children.
- Systemic SC: Greater in adults.
- It is a chronic connective tissue disease.
- The literal meaning of scleroderma: Sclero means hard and derma means skin.
- It is a noncancerous, non-malignant and noncontagious disease.
- Diagnosis: By blood tests depending on the organ affected.
- Symptoms: Skin scleroderma involves hardening and tightening of patches of the skin. Therefore the movement of the affected parts is observed. These patches cover the trunk and limbs.
B. Pretibial Myxedema
- Due to the deposition of hyaluronic acid in the dermis and subcutis.
- Etiology: uncertain.
- It is an autoimmune manifestation of Grave’s disease.
- Asymptomatic lesions
- Diagnosis: Skin biopsy.
- Symptoms: Presents as waxy, discolored induration of the skin (Orange peel appearance) on the anterior aspect of lower limbs, spreads to the dorsum of the feet.
- Lesions resolve very slowly.
C. Reticular Erythematous Mucinosis
- It is a rare form of CM.
- Gender Prediction: Middle-aged women.
- Etiology: Sunlight
- Symptoms: Plaque like CM, papules on mid-back and chest and form a net-like pattern, therefore, called as Reticular.
- Diagnosis: Skin Biopsy.
D. Diffuse Myxedema
- The term Myxedema refers to the edema of the skin and internal organs due to the accumulation of hygroscopic glycosaminoglycans that typically occurs in hypothyroidism of adulthood.
- Found in eyes, nose, and cheeks giving a characteristic “Facies“and also in distal extremities.
- Diffuse non-scaring alopecia is present.
- Skin is cold, dry and pale.
E. Lichen Myxedematosus
- Rare skin disorder.
- Also called as Pappular Mucinosis.
- Here there is fibroblast proliferation and mucin deposition in the dermis in the absence of thyroid disease.
- Etiology: Unknown.
- It has both localized (Lichen myxedematosus) and generalized forms (Scleromyxedema) out of which the localized form has a greater favorable course.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Cutaneous Mucinosis
Being one of the leading Ayurvedic brands Planet Ayurveda offers a range of herbal natural formulations for the treatment of cutaneous mucinosis. These formulations are 100% safe and free from any potential side effects.
1. Gandhak Rasayan
- It is one of the most natural herbal formulation products of Planet Ayurveda which provides a range of anti-viral and anti-biotic properties.
- In specific to skin it is benefited by the removal of tongue burning sensation, skin irritation, and pimples eradication.
- It is also effectively used to remove allergic reactions causing burning and itching sensations.
- In scabies, it comes for a rescue by providing relief from itching and rashes associated with the same disease.
- As it has anti-inflammatory properties, it provides a platform for relief from swelling and pain associated with inflammatory conditions.
- Also as an antiviral, it helps to relieve the symptoms associated with viral infections by inhibiting the growth of the virus itself.
- Dosage:2 tablets two times a day with plain water after meals.
2. Manjistha Capsules
- It has a very significant role in keeping the skin healthy.
- These capsules are obtained from a very effective herb named Rubiacordifolia.
- This herb has extraordinary properties of being anti-microbial and anti-bacterial.
- It is also used in the treatment of skin diseases like Erysipelas, leprosy and also in hypopigmentation.
Dose: 1 capsule two times a day with plain water after meals.
3. Evening Prime Rose Premium Handmade Bathing Bar
- This handmade soap provided by Planet Ayurveda, is 100% natural and free from any chemicals like “paraben” and provides complete protection against UV radiations to the sun.
- This Soap is rich in vitamins, nutrients, and anti-oxidants which keep the skin clean and free from dust particles. One of its prime functions is to keep the skin moisturized.
- It also helps in the removal of blemishes without making the skin dry. It is also devoid of harmful sulphate chemicals thereby giving a natural treatment to the skin.
Usage: Firstly wet all of your skin with warm water, then apply soap thoroughly on the face skin as well as on the whole body. Rinse with water. This soap can be used at least once or twice a day.
4. Neem Capsules
- Neem has been used for ages to treat skin problems.
- It is taken from the herb named Azadirachta Indicia.
- This natural formulation of neem capsules provides a solution to vivid skin problems.
- It is used as an effective acne combat.
- It is also used to treat itching, irritation, and rashes on the skin due to its anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- These formulations are used for the effective treatment of eczema, and psoriasis.
- Dose: 1 capsule two times a day with plain water after meals.
5. Radiant Skin Hair Nail Formula
- As the name suggests this effective and powerful formulation by Planet Ayurveda is a very useful remedy for ailments related to skin, hair, and nails.
- It is free from any preservatives and chemicals and is an effective remedy.
- It also maintains youthful energy.
- Dose: 1 capsule 2 times a day with plain water after meals.
6. Nirgundi Oil
- This effective herbal natural oil contains a specific oil named Tila oil called as Sesamum indicum.
- It possesses anti-inflammatory and anti-biotic features and therefore treats vivid skin ailments
- It also has specificity in toning up the area where it is applied by improving the blood circulation of that area.
- Usage: Apply over the affected area once or twice daily.
It has been concluded that if someone has cutaneous mucosa and wants to get rid of it, then adopt Ayurvedic treatment, which not only manages the disease but provides you with overall well-being. Planet Ayurveda provides you with superior quality Ayurvedic products that are safe and effective to use.