Chandraprabha Vati is termed Chandraprabha Gulika in the form of a tablet which is used in Ayurvedic diseases across India. It plays a very significant role in Female Reproductive health and in various gynecological problems. A Woman’s Reproductive Health is a delicate and complex system in the body which protects the body from various infections and injuries. It consists of Internal and External organs which create hormones which are responsible for fertility and menstruation. External genitals protect the internal part which allows the entry of sperm into the vagina.
The female reproductive provides various functions and the ovaries produce eggs then these eggs are transported to the fallopian tube during ovulation. During the development of the fetal, there are about 6 million eggs and at the birth time, there are 1 million eggs left. The number of eggs starts to decline as the age starts increasing. When the ovaries produce an abnormal amount of androgens (male hormone) further develop small sac-like cysts in the ovaries which leads to heavy/Unusual menstruation. So in this article, we are going to discuss the Ingredients and various Medicinal Properties of Chandraprabha Vati in detail further in this article.
Chandraprabha Vati is made up of two words- ‘Chandra’ which means Moon in Sanskrit and ‘Prabha’ means glow. It is a classical formulation which brings the glow to the face and thus improves the overall functions of the system. It is similar to the fact that the moon removes the darkness in the night. Contains 37 ingredients which are helpful in many diseases which are related to Genital System, metabolic diseases and diabetes. According to the old principles of Ayurveda, the balance in three vital energies Vata, Pitta and Kapha maintains the health of the body and they are commonly known as Kinetic, Potential and Thermal energy. The imbalance in these elements causes various ailments in the body. These small pills have multiple uses and benefit the entire system and are wonderful for both male and female concerns.
3 Gm fine Powder Each of
- Bhumi Amla
- Makshika Dhatu Bhasma
- Yava Kshara
- Swarjika Kshara
- Saindhava Lavana
- Sauvarchala Lavana
- Vida Lavana
12 Gm fine Powder Each of
- Loha Bhasma
48 Gm fine Powder Each of
- ChandraPrabha (Camphor)- Chandraprabha (Cinnamomum camphora) is helpful in balancing the Kapha doshas in the body. It is helpful in managing menstrual problems as it has Antispasmodic activity. Reduces pain seen in menstruation due to its Analgesic property, relieving cramps and spasms in the abdomen. Balances hormones and rectifies problem-related problems such as Amenorrhea, Oligomenorrhea and Dysmenorrhea.
- Vacha– Vacha (Acorus calamus) lowers the risk of stomach ulcers and promotes healthy digestion. Has Deepan (appetizer) and Pachan (digestive factors). Induces strong uterine contraction and is helpful in dysmenorrhea.
- Musta– Musta (Cyperus rotundus) is helpful in balancing Pitta and Kapha doshas and useful in normalizing menstrual irregularities. Treats ovarian cysts and many other female disorders such as Premenstrual syndrome, Uterine fibroid, and menopausal syndrome.
- Bhunimba– Bhunimba (Andrographis paniculata) has anti-inflammatory properties and stimulates the immune system. It is helpful in binding the dirty estrogens to prevent the dominance of estrogen.
- Amruta– Amruta (Tinospora cordifolia) is helpful in stimulating digestion and curing constipation and bleeding disorders. Rich in antioxidants so useful in treating infertility. Has Aphrodisiac property which boosts the female libido.
- Daruka– Daruka (Cedrus deodara) has strong anti-oxidant properties and relieves excessive pain and inflammation. It is helpful in the production of milk after delivery and combats various female health issues.
- Haridra- Haridra (Curcuma longa) is useful in Stri Roga (gynecology) is anti-inflammatory in nature and acts as a natural detoxifier and thus purifies the blood.
- Ativisha- Ativisha (Aconitum heterophyllum) balances all tridoshas of the body and has aphrodisiac properties which are effective in the management of sexual health in both males and females.
- Darvi- Darvi (Berberis aristata) is helpful in all types of hormonal problems and treats excessive abdominal pain and bleeding. Assists in treating menorrhagia and other ailments from the uterus in between regular menstruation.
- Pippalimool– Pippalimool (Piper longum) relieves menstrual problems and is useful in stopping the heavy monthly flow which treats the pain during menstruation. Stimulate the contraction of the uterine.
- Chitraka– Chitraka (Plumbago zeylanica) is helpful in eliminating harmful toxins from the body and enhances digestive fire. Boosts fertility and balances hormones, rectifies problems of menstruation and stomach cramps. Resolves the formation of multiple follicles and prevents PCOD.
- Dhanyaka– Dhanyaka (Corianderum sativum) is helpful in controlling the proper stimulation of the endocrine so maintains a good menstrual cycle and lowers the pain. Is an excellent source of Calcium which is helpful in regrowth of bone.
- Haritaki– Haritaki (Terminalia chebula) is helpful in reducing mental stress and anxiety and stimulates the hormones thus increasing libido. It has Potent Rasayan Properties which is helpful in reproductive issues and increases virility and stamina in men.
- Bibhitaki– Bibhitaki (Terminalia bellirica) Balances Pitta and Kapha doshas. Promotes healthy digestion, useful in various menstrual disorders and provides relief from pain.
- Amalaki- Amalaki (Emblica officinalis) is helpful in the total cleansing of the colon and is helpful in completely detoxifying the body. Improves the overall fertility in women which flushes toxins from the body and balances the hormones in the body.
- Chavya– Chavya (Piper Chaba) is helpful in eliminating harmful toxins from the body, helpful in menstrual disorders in women which provides relief in pain and abdominal discomfort.
- Vidanga– Vidanga (Embelia ribes) is helpful in balancing vata and kapha doshas, and improves immunity and strength of the body. Boosts up rasdhatva agni which stimulates the metabolism of the body thus expelling the extra fat.
- Gajapippali– Gajapippali (Piper chaba) stimulates contractions of the uterus and manages menstrual disorders such as pain and cramps like dysmenorrhea.
- Shunthi- Shunthi (Zingiber officinalis) is helpful in mitigating and facilitating conception. Has anti-inflammatory properties so helpful in conditions such as PCOS.
- Marich– Marich (Piper nigrum) improves the functions of the digestive system. Balances Vata and kapha doshas are useful in increasing the sex hormones in males and reducing oxidative stress.
- Pippali– Pippali (Piper longum) is useful in combating menstrual problems and reduces heavy bleeding. Has the highest antioxidant property and maintains the circulation of blood which enhances the immune system.
- Makshika Dhatu Bhasma– Makshika Dhatu Bhasma (Purified copper Iron Sulphate). It plays an important role in fertility and improves the embryo and pregnancy rate. Enhances immunity and has anti-oxidant and anti-ageing effects. Cures women’s health issues like membranous dysmenorrhea and leucorrhea.
- Yava Kshara– Yava Kshara (Hordeum vulgare) is helpful in balancing Vata and Kapha doshas. Improves the strength of digestion and has laxative properties. Is considered as Garbhaprada (fertility-creating) and is effective in amenorrhea and in intrauterine tubal blockages.
- Swarjika Kshara- It is helpful in Abdominal pain and in Gulma. It is helpful in stimulating the flow of menstruation and relief in pain and in abdominal discomfort.
- Saindhava Lavana- Saindhava Lavan (Rock Salt) It is effective in providing relief for menstrual cramps. Improves digestion and boosts the metabolism of the body thus improving body metabolism.
- Sauvarchala Lavan- Sauvarchala Lavan (Sochal Salt) is a cooling spice, which is useful in treating digestive disorders. It is helpful in abdominal cramps, helpful in the functions of the menstrual cycle.
- Vida Lavana- Vida Lavana (Vida salt) is helpful in the normal moving of Vata doshas which eases constipation. Reduces the swelling and weight gain during the menstrual cycle.
- Trivit- Trivit (Operculina turpethum) is helpful in reducing swelling and oedema. Is helpful in boosting fertility and reproductive health. It is helpful in improving the quality and motility.
- Danti– Danti (Baliospermum montanum) is helpful in balancing Pitta and Kapha doshas. It is helpful in the female reproductive system which balances the hormones and promotes the normal menstrual cycle.
- Patra– Patra (Cinnamomum tamala) reduces the vitiated kapha and vata doshas and is helpful in improving the menstrual cycle in women who suffer from PCOS. Treats various gynaecological ailments and is a useful remedy for the respiratory and digestive systems.
- Ela– Ela (Elettaria cardamomum) is helpful in treating various sexual problems such as infertility and increases the appetite which soothes the mucous membrane.
- Twak- Twak (Cinnamomum zeylanicum) is helpful in balancing Vata and Kapha doshas, useful in dysmenorrhea and provides relief in menstrual pain. Has Antibacterial and Antifungal properties which are useful in Urinary Tract infections.
- Vamshalochana– Vamshalochana (Bambusa bambos) is a natural blood-purifier, which treats various inflammatory disorders. Treats various male and female infertility and has Aphrodisiac properties.
- Loha Bhasma- Loha Bhasma (Iron Bhasma) is rich in iron content, which treats anaemia and corrects sexual dysfunction which provides strength and stamina.
- Shilajatu– Shilajatu (Asphaltum) regulates the menstrual cycle and improves the reproductive health of women. Relieves painful cramps and boosts energy.
- Guggul– Guggul (Commiphora mukul) supports a regular menstrual cycle and is useful in promoting a healthy reproductive system. Has anti-inflammatory properties which are effective in the treatment of fibroids.
- Sita- Sita (Crystallized Rock Sugar) is helpful in pregnant women to improve their mental health stress and overcomes stress and anxiety. Useful in the maturation of egg formation. Balances the hormones and promotes vitality and strength.
Ayurvedic Properties of Chandraprabha Vati
- Rasa (Taste)- Katu (pungent), Tikta (bitter)
- Guna (Physical Properties) – Laghu (light), Ruksham (dry), Sooksham (subtle), Teekshna (sharp)
- Virya (Potency) – Ushna (hot)
- Vipaka (Metabolic Propert) – Katu(pungent)
Effect on Tridoshas – Tridoshas Shamaka
Who Can Use Chandraprabha Vati?
This Herb is Useful in Patients Who are Suffering From
- Excessive urination
- Retention of urine
- Burning sensation
- Ovarian cysts
- Low sex drive in females/males
- Inability to conceive due to inflammation in the ovaries
- General weakness
- Diabetic neuropathy
- Vibandha (constipation)
- Haleemaka (liver cirrhosis)
Specific Diseases Where Chandraprabha Vati Is Used For
- Urinary Disorders- Chandraprabha Vati is helpful in common urinary disorders which are commonly faced by women. It is helpful in keeping the kidney clean, Stops the formation of stones and is useful in urinary tract infections. Removes the excessive harmful toxins from the body.
- General Debility– Chandraprabha Vati is a total health tonic which increases physical strength.
- High Blood Pressure & Tachycardia– Has mild anti-hypertensive effects which provide strength to the heart and reduce the palpitation of the heart.
- Gout &Raised Uric Acid Level– It increases the excretion of harmful toxins from the body and stimulates the excretion of uric acid from the body.
- Arthritis– Has Anti-inflammatory properties and mild analgesic properties. Reduces the pain and inflammation in various Joint Disorders.
- Frequent Urination & Urinary Incontinence– Chandraprabha Vati reduces the frequency of urine and corrects the underlying problems and is helpful in combating this.
- Oligospermia and Erectile Dysfunction- Rectify the natural functions of male reproductive organs. Increases the strength and count in oligospermia.
- Glycosuria- Chandraprabha Vati has anti-diabetic properties, which reduce the presence of abnormal glucose levels in the urine.
- Kidney Stones– Has antilithiatic and Lithotriptic effects so inhibits the formation of kidney stones.
Chandraprabha Vati in Various Gynecological Diseases
- Menstrual Blood is a sub-tissue of Rasa Dhatu and Artava or Raja is the ovum.
- The food we take is digested in the stomach which forms Ahara rasa which provides nutrition to all tissues.
- From Rasa Dhatu, Raja (blood) is formed which gets expelled for 3 days (during monthly periods) in every woman called Artava. Whenever there is an imbalance in Vata doshas it causes various Menstrual Disorders.
- Chandraprabha vati has Musta, Guduchi, Ativisha and Shunthi, devdaru and chireta as main raspachak ingredients. When the fire of Rasa dhatu is kindled, the best Rasa dhatu is produced which provides proper nutrition to menstruation and cures all Menstrual disorders.
- The main seat from where the menstruation arises is the uterus where Apana Vayu dominance is present. Whenever there is distortion in Vata dosha, it causes blockages with various symptoms such as Amenorrhea/ Scanty bleeding, Dysmenorrhoea etc. In detoxification and in vataj Anuloma Chandraprabha vati plays an important role.
- Shilajit has rejuvenative and strength-providing properties which are helpful in providing the uterus with proper vigour and preventing the uterus from diseases obtained from obesity. So, Chandraprabha vati plays an important role in this.
- In leucorrhea, a woman suffers from itchiness, dryness and burning sensations so, Chandraprabha vati contains Haridra, Musta, Shunthi, Ativisha and various Kledghan dravyas (drying drugs) which are helpful in treating Leucorrhea.
- The 8th part of teekshan Loha bhasma is present in Chandraprabha vati which has Dry, Bitter and astringent properties which have rejuvenative, strength-providing and blood enhancer properties. So in Menorrhagia (excessive bleeding) symptoms such as Fatigueness and blood loss, ChandraPrabha vati plays an important role.
- The uterus is a muscular organ, where imbalanced tridoshas when coming in contact with Mamsa (tissue), Meda (fat) and Rakta (blood) leads to the formation of Granthi (abnormal growth) and Arbuda (Tumor). This Uterine Tumor causes excessive bleeding, pain in the lumbar region and Lower Abdominal Pain. In this treatment, Lekhan (scraping), Chedan (perforation) and Blood circulation-boosting drugs are used. ChandraPrabha Vati has Shilajatu which has the best Chedan (perforation) properties. Vacha, Guggul has Lekhan properties which reduce the size and symptoms of Granthi and Arbuda.
- Haridra, Musta, Tekshana Loha Bhasma and Swarn Makshika Bhasma work in improving circulation. Triphala is an excellent rejuvenative along with Scraping property. So Chandraprabha vati is helpful in distinguishing the accumulated doshas, providing strength to the uterus and uterus-related disorders such as Tumors and abnormal growth.
- Due to disturbed lifestyles, many women have PCOS (POLYCYSTIC OVARIAN SYNDROME) which leads to scanty menstruation, pain during menstruation, excessive facial growth and imbalanced hormones. It causes obstruction in channels, due to a sedentary lifestyle, overeating and due to faulty sleeping patterns. So treatment includes balancing the digestive fire, detoxification/purification of channels and Kaphghan chikitsa is performed.
In this, Chandraprabha Vati works as an appetizer and digestive fire stimulant. Here the undigested fat is removed and clears the digestive channels. It clears the obstruction of the Apana Vayu and prevents various menstrual disorders.
Chandraprabha Vati is termed Chandraprabha Gulika in the form of a tablet which is used in Ayurvedic diseases across India. It plays a very significant role in Female Reproductive Health and in various gynaecological problems. The female reproductive provides various functions and the ovaries produce eggs then these eggs are transported to the fallopian tube during ovulation. During the development of the foetal, there are about 6 million eggs and at the birth time, there are 1 million eggs left. Chandraprabha Vati is made up of two words- ‘Chandra’ which means Moon in Sanskrit and ‘Prabha’ means glow. It is a classical formulation which brings the glow to the face and thus improves the overall functions of the system. Further, we discussed how Chandraprabha vati is useful in various gynaecological disorders and how there is a formation of Artava in detail.