As Per Ayurvedic Aspect
In Ayurveda, this disease can be correlated to karnasweda or karnabadhiry according to its symptoms.
What is Meniere’s Disease?
Meniere’s disease is a rare disorder of the inner ear which may lead to hearing loss. In most of the cases, it mainly affects one side however, with the time both ears may be involved. This disease is characterized by episodes of vertigo, ringing sound in the ears (tinnitus), and loss of hearing. These episodes generally last from 20 minutes to few hours. But the time between these episodes may vary and these symptoms may become constant.
What are the Causes of Meniere’s Disease?
The main cause of this condition is unknown but may likely involve both genetic and environmental factors. Symptoms appear to be the result of the accumulation of abnormal fluid in the inner part of the ear but the main reason behind this accumulation is not clear. Some factors that might contribute to the development of Meniere’s disease include
- Viral infection
- Abnormal immune responses
- Genetic predisposition
- Improper drainage of fluid because of the blockage or anatomic abnormality
- Head injury
- Stress and anxiety
- Consumption of alcohol in excess
- Side effects of medications
- Respiratory tract infections
What are the Stages of Meniere’s Disease?
This condition affects people in various stages and the symptoms usually develop with time.
- Early Stage: In the first stage, the person will experience sudden episodes of vertigo that lasts from 20 minutes to an entire day. A person may have a feeling of fullness or blockage and some may have hearing loss which typically goes away after the episodes fade.
- Middle Stage: In this stage, the episodes of vertigo become less severe but the symptoms of tinnitus and hearing loss become severe.
- Last Stage: During the last stage, the individuals will not suffer from vertigo as often and some get relief from it forever. The other symptoms will get progressively worse and experience an unsteady balance regularly.
What are the Symptoms of Meniere’s Disease?
Some common symptoms may include:
- A feeling of dizziness with a spinning sensation
- Unsteady feeling on the feet
- Feeling of sickness
- Ringing, buzzing or roaring sound in the ears.
- Feeling of fullness or blockage: People suffering from this disease often feel pressure in the affected ear.
- A sudden drop in hearing: Some patients have permanent hearing loss.
- All these symptoms typically happen at once and can last for a few minutes or hours but most commonly lasts for three to four hours.
- These symptoms may even take one or two days to disappear completely. The person may feel tired after the attack.
- These symptoms may vary from person to person but the attack without vertigo is uncommon and can occur in the cluster or maybe several times a week.
- This condition mainly affects people with the age group of 20 to 60. But in children, it is most uncommon.
- It may lead to permanent loss of hearing if it is not treated properly.
- Along with these symptoms, it is possible to suffer from anxiety or depression.
Natural Treatment for Meniere’s Disease
Planet Ayurveda offers effective herbal formulations such as ‘Tin Tin Care Pack’ for the treatment of Meniere’s disease. This pack contains herbal formulations prepared from natural herbs. These formulations are 100% pure which are free from preservatives, additives, and chemicals.
This Pack Contains
- Brahmi Capsules
Brahmi possesses coolant property that keeps the mind calm and stress-free. Brahmi capsules are formulated from the standardized extract of Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri). Because of its great medicinal properties, it is used in Ayurveda for many years for the treatment of various diseases. These capsules support the overall health and maintain the functions of the nervous system.
Dosage: 2 capsules two times a day with water after the intake of food.
- Ashwagandha Capsules
Ashwagandha capsules are formulated with the standardized extract of ashwagandha (Withania somnifera). These capsules possess rejuvenating, antimicrobial and antioxidant properties. In the case of Meniere’s disease, it helps to manage the symptoms such as ringing sound in the ears. According to Ayurveda, these capsules help to pacify the vitiated doshas.
Dosage: 1 capsule two times a day with plain water after meals.
- Stress Support
Stress support capsules are formulated from the standardized extract of three wonderful and effective herbs- Tagar, Ashwagandha, and Brahmi. These herbs have great medicinal and therapeutic value and used to manage the nervous system functioning and symptoms associated with Meniere’s disease. These capsules provide strength to the nerves and muscles and increase physical and mental performance.
Dosage: 2 capsules to be taken two times a day after meals.
- Pitta Balance
Pitta balance capsules are prepared from natural and effective ingredients such as akik pishti, praval pishti, kamdudha ras, jahar mohra pishti, and giloy satva. All these ingredients together exert a cooling and soothing effect on the body. This wonderful formulation manages the ear disorder and symptoms associated with it.
Dosage: 1 capsule to be taken two times a day with water after meals.