Waking up early in the morning has its own benefits. It keeps the body and mind healthy. In the past, people used to wake up in the early morning and do the daily chores and exercises and were healthy and happy. But in today’s world conditions have changed, people stay up and night due to their job types and people who attend night clubs. This has seriously affected the health conditions and more severely the mind and stress issues. So we have to shift back to the early to bed and early to rise thing in literal terms. In Ayurveda, our acharyas have mentioned the benefits of early waking thousands of years ago. Thus we should consider the statement ‘back to vedas’ by Swami Dayanand Saraswati in this term. It is the time best for meditation as it is when there is calmness and silence surrounds the human. In the text below, we shall discuss the benefits of early rising. Let’s discuss!!
What is Brahma Muhurta?
In Ayurveda, the term ‘Brahmamuhurta’ refers to the last leg of the night. Ayurveda commands that people who are healthy must wake up in the early morning in order to maintain their healthy status. Brahmamuhurta is the morning period between 3.30 a.m. and 5.30 a.m. It is suitable for meditation. After a good night’s sleep, the mind is refreshed, calm and serene. There is the preponderance of sattva or purity in the mind at this time, as well as in the atmosphere. In the language of laymen, Brahmamuhurta is a time before the sunrise. Waking up early sets the body clock in a good routine. Early morning is the best time for exercises, walking, running and gym.
This is the time when the body and mind are in a relaxed state which makes it the best time to do certain body and mindful activity or the activities that require the good attention of the brain and mind.
Studies have revealed that due to a fresh mind and calm surrounding or environment, the work done during this time is fruitful whether it’s meditation or study. In addition to this, it gives a person stress free, well organised, positive, happy and healthy life.
Benefits of Early Rising:
- Waking up early in the morning adds productivity to the work.
- It also makes the person happier and healthier
- Waking up early in the morning gives ample time to do basic chores that lead to completion of certain task that gives the feeling of everything under control and controlling the life
- Waking up early gives an ample time to do chores which makes the plans go well and provides satisfaction.
- Exercises in the morning after waking up early leads to good functioning of all the systems of the body and stimulate metabolism
- Further, early rising leads to the balancing of all the three dosha i.s. vata, pitta and kapha. As Ayurveda says balance of all these is regarded as health and imbalance indicates a pathology/disease.
- Early rising helps in mental well being as it is the time when the environment is so calm that it helps in calming the mind as well. And the mind is also calm at the morning time and hence anything that a person does during this time is productive.
- Early rising leads to early sleeping at night and also promotes a very sound sleep and refreshing sleep.
- Due to a calm and soothing mindset in the morning, studying at this time stays in the brain.
- Exercises in the early morning can do practice or a light warm up which makes them new for the day ahead. There is a confusion that exercise is intended for individuals over 40. Indeed, even youngsters need to do actual activities. They additionally need to curve and stretch their body to keep it flexible. Very few schools focus on actual activity or sports. Consequently, it is even more vital to urge them to do a light warm up in the first part of the day.
- Waking up early with positivity gives life a meaningful turn. Individuals can make arrangements for the day’s worth of effort. Youngsters can concentrate on their study plan with adequate time management. This makes them coordinated.
- Early rising makes people responsible as they get ample time to do things that are vital and organise the things properly and people can help themselves by arranging their things to get ready for the workplace. It inculcates a sense of responsibility.
- Early rising makes people stress free. They have more than adequate opportunity to complete all their work on time. This keeps them cool without stress. They are free to think and go about their responsibilities without any flaws.
Contact Planet Ayurveda Support Team to provide you the costing/ordering and delivery information at – email@example.com or Call at 0172-521-4040 (India), +91-172-521-4040 (Outside India) or Whatsapp at (+91) 842-749-4030.
Rising promptly toward the beginning of the day has been a recommended discipline of old Indian practice. Studies showed that for people who wake up in the brahma muhurta, their ability to recall increases and early rising influences the process of attention and makes the person more attentive and bright.
Studies have also suggested that success and early rising might be interlinked.
Ayurveda’s main motive is to keep the healthy person healthy and to treat the diseased. In order to achieve that, waking up early in the morning (in brahma muhurta) as per Acharya Vagbhata is mandatory as he mentioned this in his text ‘Ashtanga Hridayam’. As we discussed the benefits of early rising , one should sleep early and wake up early in the morning in order to stay healthy mentally and physically as well. Rising in the early morning helps a person in an unexplained way. It helps in boosting memory and various other benefits. It overall enhances the health status of a person as well as boosts immunity. So we must wake up in the brahma muhurta as advised by acharya Vagbhata that will lead to a healthy life and mental wellness. As it adds to the positivity to the personality, thus one must use the time of brahma muhurta to get a great personality and spread positively around throughout the day.