It is a disorder related to autoimmune disorders. In this disease, abnormal growth of tiny particles is the cause of inflammation in the various body organs. The small or tiny masses of abnormal cells is called as Granuloma. They can occur in any part of your body.
It occurs when the immune system of the body is disturbed. In this formation of granulomas occur on various body parts. The formation of too many lumps creates interference with the functioning and structure of an affected organ. In this disorder, mostly lung is affected and becomes a reason for various lung-related issues.
CAUSES OF SARCOIDOSIS
Well, the main cause of sarcoidosis is not known properly. But still, there are some reasons that become the factor of Sarcoidosis such as:
Autoimmune causes of Sarcoidosis: in this disorder, mostly the immune system of the body is the main target. The immunity of the body functions improperly leading to damage to one’s own body.
There are some cases in which the immune system is disturbed like:
- Excess drinking of alcohol
- Taking a poor diet with low nutritional value can also become the cause of sarcoidosis.
- Smoking is another reason for sarcoidosis
- Inhaling of foreign pollutant particles such as fumes, dust, etc.
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF SARCOIDOSIS
The clinical features of the Sarcoidosis depend on the affected area. Sometimes the symptoms develop suddenly and disappear suddenly.
There are some general symptoms which are present in every case and disorder starts with these symptoms:
- Fever may be present
- General body tiredness and fatigue are also present
- Loss of appetite
- Bodyweight start loosing
- The lymph nodes are swollen because of abnormal mass growth.
- Pain and inflammation are common symptoms.
- Joint pain and cramps are also present
- Pain in the ankles.
- Other symptoms are as per the affected organ
If sarcoidosis affects the LUNGS: it is the most common part, which is affected in the Sarcoidosis. Some common signs and symptoms present are:
- Dry cough
- Person breath noisily that means wheezing is present
- Pain in the chest is also present.
Sarcoidosis affecting the eyes:
- Inflammation in the eye
- Burning sensation in eyes
- Itching is present and eyes become dry.
- Watering from eyes
- Eyes become sensitive to light.
- Vision becomes blurred
If sarcoidosis is present in the heart then it is called as CARDIAC SARCOIDOSIS.
The clinical features are
- General fatigue is present
- Pain in the chest area
- Breath becomes shortened
- The heartbeat becomes irregular that means arrhythmias is also present
- Fainting is another symptom
- The heartbeat becomes fast, rapid and quick
- Swelling is also present because of the increase of fluid material
In some cases, sarcoidosis can also be present on other organs such as the liver, kidney, spleen, muscles, bones, or any other body organs. It can also affect the metabolic activity of calcium and disturbed the nervous system.
RISK FACTORS OF THE SARCOIDOSIS
It can be developed in anyone but still, there are some risk factors that increase the causes of sarcoidosis such as:
- Race- African and American people having more risk factor of sarcoidosis
- Age – it can occur in any age but still, in between the age of 20 and 60, there are increased chances of sarcoidosis
- Sex- Women are more prone to sarcoidosis
- Any Family History- it also travels through genes
COMPLICATIONS OF SARCOIDOSIS
In some cases, it creates severe problem such as
- EYES: if the sarcoidosis is present in the eye then it can damage the eye mainly retina and that create blindness in the person
- LUNGS: in pulmonary sarcoidosis, it can lead to severe issues. It can cause pulmonary fibrosis that creates difficulty in breathing and also the reason for hypertension in the pulmonary area.
- HEART – it results in lumps in the cardiac area that causes disturbance in the rhythm of the heart, blood flow due to which it can lead to death
- KIDNEY: it also affects the metabolism of calcium due to which it can lead to kidney stones and disturbed kidneys function.
DIAGNOSIS OF SARCOIDOSIS
- Chest X-ray
- Blood and Urine test
- Ct scan of the chest
- ECG can be done
- Regular eye check-up
- A regular checkup from a cardiologist
HOME REMEDIES FOR SARCOIDOSIS
- Take a good nutritional diet that is rich in nutritional value
- Take less amount of fat or processed sugar diet
- Avoid alcohol
- Regularly go for checkups
- Stop smoking, because smokers are more common for pulmonary sarcoidosis
- Increase your physical activity like doing yoga such as
- Fish pose
- Cobra pose
- Meditation is also another way to stay healthy
HERBAL REMEDIES FOR SARCOIDOSIS
- NEEM: it also called as Azadirachta indica. The Neem is an Indian herbal medicine that having multi properties. It is helpful in rashes or in itching because of its skin relieving property.it also boost the immune system and can be used for inflammation
- ASHWAGANDHA: it is called Withania somnifera in scientific language. It is helpful for treating the cough in sarcoidosis. Any other problems related with lungs like breathlessness.
- ARJUNA: it is called Terminalia arjuna. It is useful in heart-related problems. It reduces the risks of heart attack and stabilizes the irregular heartbeat. Arjuna is an herbal medicine which is used in heart regarding disorders
- PUNARNAVA: the scientific name of Punarnava is Boerhavia diffusa. It is helpful in skin-related issues that means it is used in skin rashes. It regenerates the tissues present in the skin and protects the skin
Planet Ayurveda Treat the Sarcoidosis From The Root by giving the Best Herbal Remedies for Sarcoidosis with the name SARCO CARE PACK.
- Punarnava Mandur
- Aller-G Care
- Curcumin Capsules
- Kanchnaar Guggul